The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology Unit 1 EXEMPLAR - MARKSCHEME???

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Biology/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/GCE-Biology-6BI01.pdf

Does anyone know where the markscheme for the above exemplar paper is!??? If not, please help with answering some questions :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by txyin
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Biology/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/GCE-Biology-6BI01.pdf

Does anyone know where the markscheme for the above exemplar paper is!??? If not, please help with answering some questions :biggrin:

I'm afraid I don't, sorry, but I can help you with answers if you'd like :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Neuth
I'm afraid I don't, sorry, but I can help you with answers if you'd like :h:

Thanks! For 3a I said aorta, pulmonary artery, pulmonary veins and coronary arteries. For 4a I said aorta, veins and capillaries. For 8a I just expanded on the two points in the description above but don't know what the third mark would be? 8cii, would it be Samir or Zac? Those were the questions I struggled with :smile:
Original post by txyin
Thanks! For 3a I said aorta, pulmonary artery, pulmonary veins and coronary arteries. For 4a I said aorta, veins and capillaries. For 8a I just expanded on the two points in the description above but don't know what the third mark would be? 8cii, would it be Samir or Zac? Those were the questions I struggled with :smile:

You definitely got 3a right, i am not sure if aorta is right though, i am not sure if it has valves? (But you would have to check!), also the third mark is most likely mentioning ficks law, and how it already has two of the components of the formula, but will mention the third one. Also the probability is 25%, since CF's phenotype is cause by a recessive genotype, it means that both parents either have to be carriers of sufferers, since neither of them of sufferers, and they have a child with the disease already, that means they are both carriers. Their genotypes are then going to be Cc and Cc, then if you draw a punnet square, 1/4 of the squares are cc, so it means there is a 25% chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Indigo.Brownhall
You definitely got 3a right, i am not sure if aorta is right though, i am not sure if it has valves? (But you would have to check!), also the third mark is most likely mentioning ficks law, and how it already has two of the components of the formula, but will mention the third one. Also the probability is 25%, since CF's phenotype is cause by a recessive genotype, it means that both parents either have to be carriers of sufferers, since neither of them of sufferers, and they have a child with the disease already, that means they are both carriers. Their genotypes are then going to be Cc and Cc, then if you draw a punnet square, 1/4 of the squares are cc, so it means there is a 25% chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I get you but wouldn't that make both Samir and Zac carriers, since they've both had children who are affected?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending