The Student Room Group

Predictions for As psychology exam unit 2 AQA on May 2015?

Anyone know what is likely to come up in the exam on the 18 may 2015 for psychology (as exam)? Or hasn't come up in a while?

Thanks!
According to my teachers the 12 marker is likely to be on the biological approach to psychopathology.
other stuff that hasnt come up for a couple of years-
behavioural approach (treatments)
physiological forms of stress management (eg drugs, biofeedback)
independent behaviour

hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
i don't think stress management would come up for 12 marks because theres only so much u can say about it... i think independent behaviour more than likely to come up... (fingers crossed)
Original post by georgia447
According to my teachers the 12 marker is likely to be on the biological approach to psychopathology.
independent behaviour

12 marker could be how stress effects the immune system, that hasn't been a 12, 6 or 8 marker since 2011, but I've learnt from unit 1 not to trust predictions
Reply 4
independent behaviour

what type of stuff does independent behaviour involve? thanks
Reply 5
Original post by samia2107
i don't think stress management would come up for 12 marks because theres only so much u can say about it... i think independent behaviour more than likely to come up... (fingers crossed)

what sort of stuff would you be asked regarding independent behaviour??? thnanks
Original post by Lad lol
what type of stuff does independent behaviour involve? thanks

I think you just have to know why independent behaviour happens

Reasons why people resist pressures to obey:
They have an internal locus of control
Distanced authority figure
Authority figure not wearing a uniform (Bickman study)

And reasons why people resist pressures to conform:
Small group size
Having a friend who doesnt conform
Anonymity

😊
I don't know, but I think Unit 1 predictions were pretty accurate.

I'm revising stress and abnormality like a maniac today...

For independent behaviour you can also say:

Conformity:
- Non-conformist personality
- Moral considerations
- Presence of an ally

Obedience:
- Disobedient role models (Rosa Parks etc.)
- Status of location of experiment (Yale Uni vs. unprofessional office building)
Reply 8
I think you just have to know why independent behaviour happens

Reasons why people resist pressures to obey:
They have an internal locus of control
Distanced authority figure
Authority figure not wearing a uniform (Bickman study)

And reasons why people resist pressures to conform:
Small group size
Having a friend who doesnt conform
Anonymity

������

ah thought so. are there any specific studies? except small ones like carli and eagly regarding why genders may differ in reaction to conformity, obviously rotter's locus of control but the others are just related to Asch's study (for conformity) and for resisting pressures to obey there is also locus of control (again), having an ally and personal autonomy (like level of moral reasoning). Would be a wishy woshy question, as there are not many evaluation points i can think of either, merely explanations :frown::frown::
Reply 9
Original post by victoria1998
I don't know, but I think Unit 1 predictions were pretty accurate.

I'm revising stress and abnormality like a maniac today...

For independent behaviour you can also say:

Conformity:
- Non-conformist personality
- Moral considerations
- Presence of an ally

Obedience:
- Disobedient role models (Rosa Parks etc.)
- Status of location of experiment (Yale Uni vs. unprofessional office building)

hi, wouldn't moral considerations be more appropriate of obeying an authority? and in regards to location of experiment, isn't that to do with legitimate authority (one of explanations why people conform)? thanks
Reply 10
I wish I had read this earlier you got the 12 Marker spot on! How did you guys find the exam? Just roughy so we can guess if the grade boudaries are high or low, I thought it was a good paper myself but my opinion might be really different from everyone else as I'm a third year :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by Jagray
I wish I had read this earlier you got the 12 Marker spot on! How did you guys find the exam? Just roughy so we can guess if the grade boudaries are high or low, I thought it was a good paper myself but my opinion might be really different from everyone else as I'm a third year :frown:

I think it was a good paper but there were some questions, i.e about personality, that i didn't revise so i think i lost marks. For the question on daily hassles did you talk about the nurses who kept a diary about their daily hassles and there performance?
Reply 12
Original post by cat000
I think it was a good paper but there were some questions, i.e about personality, that i didn't revise so i think i lost marks. For the question on daily hassles did you talk about the nurses who kept a diary about their daily hassles and there performance?

Yes by Gervais and I used Flett (who looked at the lack of social and emotional support given to daily hassles whereas life changes had more support). There was another better study I think we should have used? With civil servants but my mind blanked, at least I thought so?? Couldn't remember it anyway and it's over now so oh well! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Jagray
Yes by Gervais and I used Flett (who looked at the lack of social and emotional support given to daily hassles whereas life changes had more support). There was another better study I think we should have used? With civil servants but my mind blanked, at least I thought so?? Couldn't remember it anyway and it's over now so oh well! :smile:

Ah good i wasn't sure if it was the write study and yeah true!

Quick Reply

Latest