The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Looks like bringing in Bolasie last week or so wasn't a bad move after all, I knew he'd get something from us.
Reply 5021
Original post by Lúcio
it looks like my overall finish will end up being about 80k.
would you say that's decent for somebody doing this for the first season ever?

when i look back at GW1 it really makes me laugh at how bad my team was.

My first season too but I'd say that's a pretty good finish definitely! My team at the start was awful too and I think I played my WC in like week 4 lol, but slowly but surely I climbed up the rankings and into the top 400k which I'm not too disappointed with.

I've made some terrible decisions throughout the season, especially with captains, so many times I've been between 2 players for captain and picked the wrong one :lol:
Original post by The.Joker
Looks like bringing in Bolasie last week or so wasn't a bad move after all, I knew he'd get something from us.

10/10 fan :wink:

my boy mignolet let in 3 goals and still got 8 points :cool:
that's why he's the top scoring keeper; don't know how he does it...
Original post by Lúcio

That's brilliant considering my first finish was about 250k :ahee:. Finished around 350k last season but look to have found my feet with a finish around the top 5k this season it seems :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olie
My first season too but I'd say that's a pretty good finish definitely! My team at the start was awful too and I think I played my WC in like week 4 lol, but slowly but surely I climbed up the rankings and into the top 400k which I'm not too disappointed with.

I've made some terrible decisions throughout the season, especially with captains, so many times I've been between 2 players for captain and picked the wrong one :lol:

well as much as people may not rate me on here, i'm not terrible at these kinds of things :tongue:
i'm 7th place or something in the prediction thread so i seem to be fairly adept at these kinds of games involving foresight.
Original post by Lúcio

Nice one :smile: That's definitely good. My first one was around 127k. Went up to 2.5k the next season, you'll learn a lot!
Original post by ArsenalWenger
That's brilliant considering my first finish was about 250k :ahee:. Finished around 350k last season but look to have found my feet with a finish around the top 5k this season it seems :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Andy Ftw
Nice one :smile: That's definitely good. My first one was around 127k. Went up to 2.5k the next season, you'll learn a lot!

jesus, really? :biggrin:

maybe i'm just lucky :rolleyes:
i feel like i've definitely improved since i started though.
not just being able to judge a player's form, but also knowing when to transfer and if it's worth a hit to do so.

i've slowly been climbing up on ranking almost every single week.
towards the beginning i was around 200-300k, and i feel like my rank has gotten better as i have too.
the GW isn't over but i'm currently at 72k :biggrin:

my aim next year is 50k.
probably unrealistic but it's nice to have a target.
Original post by Lúcio

Top 100k is very good for your first time playing.
Original post by sr90
Top 100k is very good for your first time playing.

It's true indeed. I hit about 100,000 in year 1 so my aim for year two was top 50,000. Currently about 35,000. Think that way of thinking gives me about 7 years to make the top 1000 and 15 years to make the top 10

;0

*GULP*
(edited 8 years ago)
Puncheon on the bench and took out Downing for Cleverley. Lulz.
Original post by SirMasterKey

I did Downing for Cleverly too. Everyone I take out seems to score the following week :facepalm:
Original post by Zerforax
I did Downing for Cleverly too. Everyone I take out seems to score the following week :facepalm:

pretty sure i'm H2H against you this week :colone:
a little nervous of giroud up front tbh, but we've both captained sanchez so i hope he does well.

we've been pretty level all year but you've always been slightly ahead.
last week pretty much ruined the competition - i gained 42 points on you because of aguero as captain :/
Original post by SirMasterKey

Took out Downing for Bolasie. Possibly an ok choice in the end...
Original post by Lúcio
pretty sure i'm H2H against you this week :colone:
a little nervous of giroud up front tbh, but we've both captained sanchez so i hope he does well.

we've been pretty level all year but you've always been slightly ahead.
last week pretty much ruined the competition - i gained 42 points on you because of aguero as captain :/

Yea me taking out Aguero has cost me the season. He's scored 60 points in 6 games since I took him out and most captained him during that time too so probably 100 points behind just from that.
Yea me taking out Aguero has cost me the season. He's scored 60 points in 6 games since I took him out and most captained him during that time too so probably 100 points behind just from that.

Same

I was around 100 points in front in my league but now I'm second and a point or so behind

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was winning my work league by 60 points so thought I'd do something different as no one appeared capable of catching me up. I now have a 5 point lead essentially going into the final fixtures where we match fairly similarly and I don't have aguero. I've been on top for around 20gws. Surely I can't bottle it on the last gw? 80£ at stake ffs.

So yeah **** aguero as I've pretty much had him in for the rest of the season and I thought I'd just get Benteke in.

Benched silva for some odd reason too this gw. Praying on JT to get injured or not start. The ultimate bottle is coming :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty **** week tbh. Unless my Arsenal mids rescue me midweek then it'll be a quiet ending to this ff season for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was dipping below top 50 in the classic league for a number of weeks now but I'm currently 47 really hoping to stay there for my 1st season, top 5 in H2H leagues to which is cool having never kept up with a fantasy team all season before it's funny to see myself question my own loyalty when points are needed now :colondollar: :biggrin:

Need a decent second game from Ramsey though now.

definitely - i've been using you as a framework to see if i've been getting any better since you've always been 20 or so points ahead for basically the entire season :tongue:

aguero is just too valuable - every time he scores 18+ points, people remember why it's just not worth the risk to not have him.
city can just turn it on and it's unpredictable.
they might lose 5 games in a row, then they'll just randomly thrash the next team 6-0.

that's gotta suck though; spending all that time and effort and then to lose out so heavily because of one bloody player.
Original post by Lúcio
definitely - i've been using you as a framework to see if i've been getting any better since you've always been 20 or so points ahead for basically the entire season :tongue:

aguero is just too valuable - every time he scores 18+ points, people remember why it's just not worth the risk to not have him.
city can just turn it on and it's unpredictable.
they might lose 5 games in a row, then they'll just randomly thrash the next team 6-0.

that's gotta suck though; spending all that time and effort and then to lose out so heavily because of one bloody player.

I had him through that 4 game run where he was facing easy sides and did nothing.

Ehh haven't paid enough attention to FF for the last 2 months.

Quick Reply

Latest