The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Physics Exam 20th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatimah9
can anyone help me how to calculate the orbit of the moon.

Orbital Speed = 2x pie x orbital radius / time
Original post by Neymar27
Orbital Speed = 2x pie x orbital radius / time

cheers Neymar for help
Original post by Neymar27
IGCSE Edexcel,,, im doing Of Mice and men and an inspector calls

Hey i made a revision thread for igcse edexcel english lit
Im doing mice and men aswell
Care to join ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg this physics revision is given me such a headache, mainly the calculation part.
omg this physics revision is given me such a headache, mainly the calculation part.

Tell me about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys, when you work out the (GPE) if the mass is 10.1 and height is 13m. Will this calculation be right 10.1 * 13 = 131.3j
or 10.0 * 10 * 13 = 1300j,

help please :frown:
Reply 26
hey guys, when you work out the (GPE) if the mass is 10.1 and height is 13m. Will this calculation be right 10.1 * 13 = 131.3j
or 10.0 * 10 * 13 = 1300j,

help please :frown:

GPE = Mass (kg) x gravitational field strendth (which is always 10 unless they say otherwise x height

So it would be 10.1 (kg?) x 13 x 10 = 1313 J

You said 10.1 for the mass but wrote 10.0 for the calculation so it would be 1313 or 1300 depending on what it is
Original post by Strangerdanger
Hey i made a revision thread for igcse edexcel english lit
Im doing mice and men aswell
Care to join ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would love to!
can we keep the posts in this thread physics related only please. there are other threads for English
Original post by Sara_PLL
can we keep the posts in this thread physics related only please. there are other threads for English

Yeah thats why i was asking if they wanted to join the english thread lol so this one's kept physics only

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys i think the best thing to do now is go over all the formulas because paper1 consists of questions asking us formulas and then to apply them.Do light,energy,waves and electricity chapters properly and all experiment precautions because they are worth 1 2 marks which no one wants to lose here and the grade boundaries have always been low like 111 for an A so just go over all the experiments and their precautions and yeah dont be tensed it will be an easy paper like chem though bio gave us a tough time but tats gone now :wink:Best of luch their still 2 days left and you can do the course :smile:And do go over these notes
http://www.shawonnotes.com/index/igcse_physics/0-6
Reply 31
Reply 32
i think the science papers this time are going to be easy (biology was easy/not chemistry)
Original post by Strangerdanger
Yeah thats why i was asking if they wanted to join the english thread lol so this one's kept physics only

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok!
what are the two conditions for Total internal reflection ?????
p.s i hate light chapter xD
Reply 35
Original post by arminzan
what are the two conditions for Total internal reflection ?????
p.s i hate light chapter xD

Total internal reflection occurs when:

- a ray of light is incident upon a boundary with an optically rarer medium (one that makes it speed up) and

- the angle of incidence is greater than the critical angle.
Where can I find the edexcel igcse physics revision guide answers asap!!?
Reply 37
Original post by Rosie992
Where can I find the edexcel igcse physics revision guide answers asap!!?

If you scroll down on this page you will find the physics revision guide answers :smile: it also has the chemistry and biology ones too:

https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/edexcel-igcse-revision-guide-answers.22735/

They are also on the CD in the back of the revision guide I think.
Thanks for ur efforts, but the link shows up as an invalid one..is it working? Can u pls check asap? Would really appreciate.....
Reply 39
Original post by Rosie992
Thanks for ur efforts, but the link shows up as an invalid one..is it working? Can u pls check asap? Would really appreciate.....

I've checked the links and they all work, but you do have to create an account with xtremepapers to access the links :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest