The Student Room Group

Cfe higher biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlotte B
I think all three of then could have been put in there though, I was going to put aestivation but went for hibernation instead! See for the question that asked what ensures the antibiotic resistance gene is passed on from the cell to daughter cells, did you say the antibiotic resistance gene?

I put hibernation for that question too :smile: and I said the 'origin of replication' would ensure it is passed on?? 😬😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweatpea_98
I put hibernation for that question too :smile: and I said the 'origin of replication' would ensure it is passed on?? 😬😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I put down the origin of replication for one of they questions.

GOOD LUCK IN ENGLISH TODAY!!!!!!!!!
Original post by tinababy

Thank you :smile: you too!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a chat for cfe higher french if you need help with revising etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys put for the very first question on the bacterial cells, can't remeber the question, all I know is I didn't know the exact answer haha
What did you guys put for the very first question on the bacterial cells, can't remeber the question, all I know is I didn't know the exact answer haha

Ah I can't remember what the question was sorry....was it a one word answer or an explain question? I wonder if anybody has the question paper for part two

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I can't remember what the question was sorry....was it a one word answer or an explain question? I wonder if anybody has the question paper for part two

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was an explanation. I know it would be great if someone did!
See for the question with the bases and you had to write the complementary one, were you supposed to put A or U?
See for the question with the bases and you had to write the complementary one, were you supposed to put A or U?

Would it not be U or T? And I think I put T as it was asking about PCR I think?? Was it I can't remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would it not be U or T? And I think I put T as it was asking about PCR I think?? Was it I can't remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah it would be! Yeah I put T as well! I doubted myself for that one but I went with T because it was PCR
See for the respiration questions that asked for products X and Y? What did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
See for the respiration questions that asked for products X and Y? What did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cant remember that well anymore but I think it was adp and a phosphate?
I cant remember that well anymore but I think it was adp and a phosphate?

Yeah that's what I got but I put adp and pi do you think that is ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's what I got but I put adp and pi do you think that is ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely I wrote phosphate then in brackets pi :smile:
Yeah definitely I wrote phosphate then in brackets pi :smile:

I put ADP and inorganic phosphate with pi in brackets
What did you put for the question that asked why the experiment with the cattle carried out with different protein percentage was reliable?
What did you put for the question that asked why the experiment with the cattle carried out with different protein percentage was reliable?

Because it was repeated three times... Repeated results are reliable ...i always remember the three Rs :tongue:
Was it repeated 3 times? I know that 10 cattle were used and averages were taken but I just said that different conditioner were used to see which one was more beneficial to the cattle, I know that I'm wrong though haha
Was it repeated 3 times? I know that 10 cattle were used and averages were taken but I just said that different conditioner were used to see which one was more beneficial to the cattle, I know that I'm wrong though haha

Hah tbh ur guess is as good as mine. I didn't think twice cos my teacher always repeated that mantra so the second I saw that question I checked to see if it was repeated and wrote that down...might be wrong tho.
Haha, the more I think about the exam, the more I fear that I've failed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending