The Student Room Group

Would you ever date a girl with a headscarf??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
could I ask why mate? not attackin u just wanna know why u have that opinion

See my last post.

I fundamentally disagree, and quite frankly find them supercilious and assuming, with the religious 'justifications' for wearing a headscarf. In addition to this, I am an atheist anti-atheist secular humanist - things that I doubt anyone wearing a headscarf (for religious reasons) would associate with.

Notwithstanding the above, I simply couldn't bring myself to seriously consider a relationship with someone who believes that a 'holy' book that mandates such horrific crimes is the work of a beneficent and omnipotent being that merits any form of worship whatsoever.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Interesting. Wouldn't your fundamentally juxtaposing beliefs on essentially everything important render the relationship doomed?

As an secular liberal anti-theist humanist, I don't think any relationship with anyone remotely religious has much chance of success...

I don't think much is at opposition actually. Of course, if it was a fundamentalist religious person then no! No way, they're immoral and vile.

Most are not though and fundamentalist non-religious people tend to be as immoral and vile. I know many Muslims with liberal values that strive for equality. Many Muslims that have similar political beliefs to me (yeah, the educated ones; is it paradoxical for a Muslim female to be educated at a public university? Maybe so). What else is important? I find a greater intellectual discomfort with moral relativists than I do theists.

Other Muslims would say because they aren't strict with their scripture they aren't Muslims at all... They would disagree and say that worshipping Allah is the key thing for a Muslim, not specifically how they do, just whatever way that makes Allah most happy and for them that is by promoting liberal ethics... Unfortunately even these Muslims often want to get married though and I really couldn't raise kids religiously and I want kids, so yeah, it wouldn't really work out in the long-run. But I'm certainly not repulsed at the idea. Especially in the short-term, but again, Muslim girls wouldn't generally date in the short-term.

A lot of Muslims also only wear the scarf due to familial/cultural expectations rather than sincerely believing they ought to for theological ones.
(edited 8 years ago)
See my last post.

I fundamentally disagree, and quite frankly find them supercilious and assuming, with the religious 'justifications' for wearing a headscarf. In addition to this, I am an atheist anti-atheist secular humanist - things that I doubt anyone wearing a headscarf (for religious reasons) would associate with.

Notwithstanding the above, I simply couldn't bring myself to seriously consider a relationship with someone who believes that a 'holy' book that mandates such horrific crimes is the work of a beneficent and omnipotent being that merits any form of worship whatsoever.

ok...was just askin...every1 has their own opinion and I am not going to disrespect u just because u think differently than sum1 else...
Original post by 13pamina13
well she wears a headscarf but her family don't cus theyre not religious(its her own choice) andi asked her out twice but she no but laughed it off. I have kissed her and she just smiled and walked off but I think she thinks I am abit of aplayer cus I been out with most the gals in my year group..so how do I let her know I genuinely like her? kiss her again? not like she backs off.. oh and I invited her round ma house 2mrw(.her knowing my intentions )and she sed yes...so wat does that mean....u see I hav nvr had problems with getting a girl be 4...so dunno wat do

We'll if its out of her own choice then she more likely to try to stay away from dating, don't take her no personally because as you said she just smiled and walked off so its possible she might like you but is trying to fight her own temptations which isn't surprising if she's a new convert, I don't think you should kiss her again as that would just tell her that you are a player so nothing serious could ever happen. She might be confused if she should or should not date, that might be the reason she accepted your invite so if I was you just be there for her, make her laugh and allow her to be the one to ask you out, as if you keep asking her or trying to kiss her all the time she might feel too pressured.
We'll if its out of her own choice then she more likely to try to stay away from dating, don't take her no personally because as you said she just smiled and walked off so its possible she might like you but is trying to fight her own temptations which isn't surprising if she's a new convert, I don't think you should kiss her again as that would just tell her that you are a player so nothing serious could ever happen. She might be confused if she should or should not date, that might be the reason she accepted your invite so if I was you just be there for her, make her laugh and allow her to be the one to ask you out, as if you keep asking her or trying to kiss her all the time she might feel too pressured.
ok cheers mate...wait nd see how it goes 2mrw
Unfortunately no.
ok...was just askin...every1 has their own opinion and I am not going to disrespect u just because u think differently than sum1 else...

ok thnx...m8...

Original post by TorpidPhil
I don't think much is at opposition actually. Of course, if it was a fundamental religious person then no! No way, they're immoral and vile.

Hmm, so you'd contemplate a relationship with a 'liberal' muslim, is what I think you're saying?

Most are not though and fundamentalist non-religious people tend to be as immoral and vile. I know many Muslims with liberal values that strive for equality. Many Muslims that have similar political beliefs to me (yeah, the educated ones; is it paradoxical for a Muslim female to be educated at a public university? Maybe so). What else is important? I find a greater intellectual discomfort with moral relativists than I do theists.

Wouldn't they still, in all likelihood, still believe in an afterlife; believe life on earth is merely a means to an end and not an end in itself (a 'test'); likely to be against equal marriage and gay adoption etc; want to raise their children is an 'islamic household' etc? Of course, these may not be deal breakers for you, but they would most certainly be deal breakers for me.

They would disagree and say that worshipping Allah is the key thing for a Muslim, not specifically how they do, just whatever way that makes Allah most happy and for them that is by promoting liberal ethics... Unfortunately even these Muslims often want to get married though and I really couldn't raise kids religiously and I want kids, so yeah, it wouldn't really work out in the long-run.

Not to mention that Muslims are prohibited from dating (afaik) and especially dating a non-muslim (let alone a 'kaffir' atheist :tongue:)...
Original post by Dilzo999
Unfortunately no.

oh...how come?
oh...how come?

Cause I'd imagine it would come with a lot of hassle, with their parents, my parents etc.
yh course I would...willing to try summit new everyday #YOLO and at the comments about it not working out in the long run...can I ask every time u ask girl out, do u think about the long run and if I marriage would happen and all that crazy stuff be4 u have even been on ur 1st date? if yh well then...no comment
Original post by Dilzo999
Cause I'd imagine it would come with a lot of hassle, with their parents, my parents etc.

why do you think so far ahead about parents approval be4 u have even been on a date? I don't mean sound rude or anything but wouldn't it make sense to at least try first or just go on one date for abit of fun? u think too much like my mum
Original post by Ruh
Good luck mate, we wouldn't touch you with a 12ft bargepole :rofl:

I love how you say "we" as if you represent the views of all muslims.
Yes, I would. But most religions claim homosexuality to be a sin, so I doubt she would date me.
Reply 33
I love how you say "we" as if you represent the views of all muslims.

Indeed I do :yy:
Original post by Ruh
Indeed I do :yy:

How pathetic and palpably laughable.

If you do, then I can only be pleased at how easy it will be to remove religion/harmful/crazy ideas from the public realm in the future. :smile:
Reply 35
yh course I would...willing to try summit new everyday #YOLO and at the comments about it not working out in the long run...can I ask every time u ask girl out, do u think about the long run and if I marriage would happen and all that crazy stuff be4 u have even been on ur 1st date? if yh well then...no comment

midnight trolling sessions eh, would not be surprised if you were muslim
:perv::perv:
you are a wasteman, leave her alone and show some respect to peoples beliefs.
Dem hijab girls doe!!!

Funnily enough they actually can have quite a "slutty" reputation in some social circles. Remember it being so in Leicester, the theory there was that most wear them to keep the pretence up of being religious to their parents.
their bodies look so ****in sexy...if I eva get with a muslim I cant wait rip them ****in clothes off and **** her hard

Man you are just crazy
think u mean *wear

I think under them headscarfs and dresses some of the girls where is one hell of sexy body...just sayin

I think the post title mate

Is you talkin to yaself? :hmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending