The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oh-my-diddy
GGG gonna spark him out sooner or later. what a mismatch this is. Don't know if its worth staying up for
No, just watch a re-run. Tbh that is how I watch most of my fights.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Tyson Fury tweeting out his phone number so his fans can have a word with him. This is why he's my favourite British boxer.
You can't accuse him of not being entertaining.
I like how California has adopted a khazakstan boxer as their own lol
Oh laaaawd it's over already

Edit. Nah Monroe survives despite getting knocked down twice in the second round
(edited 8 years ago)
20 in a row.

Munro was actually doing decent for a few rounds as well.

Then golovkin goes and emasculates him, claiming he sometimes lets his opponents back into the fight so its more entertaining. For 'big show '
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zander01
20 in a row.

Then golovkin goes and emasculates him, claiming he sometimes lets his opponents back into the fight so its more entertaining. For 'big show '

Floyd. Are you taking notes?
Reply 6205
Golovkin is a monster. I really can't see Cotto going in there with him. I also think Canelo is waiting for him to get old.

Erislandy Lara wants to fight him though, I guess it would be a lot more interesting than his fight with Canelo since Golovkin can cut off the ring. Other than that the other big fights he can get are above 160. I'm not sure if Ward beats him.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6206
Original post by Zander01
20 in a row.

I genuinely believe he does give them opportunities. Hopefully lemieux by the end of the year and then canelo and cotto next year.
Two great performances, Gonzalez and GGG both as impressive as usual.
Mayweather would take GGG

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frozo123
Mayweather would take GGG

My theory on this is that GGG would quite likely knock him out over the course of 12 rounds, because it seems that one punch from GGG and oh dear. Can Floyd really avoid that much?

However, I think it would be quite a few rounds before Floyd went down, and you would see GGG with considerable facial damage due to death by a thousand right hand pot shots from Floyd. Reason I say this is GGG is too slow to avoid Floyd's punches, I see him taking right hand after right hand, that lead right that Floyd does where he widens his stance and shoots it with 100% commitment then immediately either pulls back or ducks under. GGG ain't fast enough to avoid that. And I don't think he'd be having a particularly enjoyable time in there.

But GGG has the chin, so after all that eventually cuts Floyd off and catches him with the shot.

GGG = the modern day ''Hands of stone'' is my opinion. And a true humble warrior and gentleman. He's acheiving the ''loaded hand wraps'' effect without having loaded hand wraps.
Original post by frankieboy
My theory on this is that GGG would quite likely knock him out over the course of 12 rounds, because it seems that one punch from GGG and oh dear. Can Floyd really avoid that much?

However, I think it would be quite a few rounds before Floyd went down, and you would see GGG with considerable facial damage due to death by a thousand right hand pot shots from Floyd. Reason I say this is GGG is too slow to avoid Floyd's punches, I see him taking right hand after right hand, that lead right that Floyd does where he widens his stance and shoots it with 100% commitment then immediately either pulls back or ducks under. GGG ain't fast enough to avoid that. And I don't think he'd be having a particularly enjoyable time in there.

But GGG has the chin, so after all that eventually cuts Floyd off and catches him with the shot.

GGG = the modern day ''Hands of stone'' is my opinion. And a true humble warrior and gentleman. He's acheiving the ''loaded hand wraps'' effect without having loaded hand wraps.

Shame we will never see what would happen :frown: who do you think golovkin is fighting next?
Original post by umzz
I genuinely believe he does give them opportunities. Hopefully lemieux by the end of the year and then canelo and cotto next year.

It would make sense if he was. By doing that he's increasing the entertainment value and pleasing the fans/HBO while at the same time showing other prime time boxers that he may vulnerable and can be beaten.
Hopefully GGG does get Lemieux next, that'll be a fun fight while it lasts.

If Canelo beats Cotto. I think he'll have his voluntary, and then we can see Canelo-GGG, some time next year.

Also want to see Inoue-Gonzalez.
Matter of time before GGG has all the belts. GGG will take Canelo.
Shame Mayweather vs Golovkin aint gonna happen. As Floyd Snr said "he aint fighting no giant":biggrin:
It's true, why the **** should a fight between Floyd and GGG even happen ? It's too far fetched. I understand he's been avoided doesn't mean you start throwing him with guys he shouldn't be, just to see what would happen.

Same thing with Manny really, the guys not a true welterweight. Just made a name for himself fighting weight drained welterweights and light middleweight fighters. There's a reason there are weight categories.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by frozo123
Shame we will never see what would happen :frown: who do you think golovkin is fighting next?

I don't know about ''next'' but I think I speak for most of us when I say Canelo is the one we're waiting for. That'll definitely be a good fight.

uer23
t's true, why the **** should a fight between Floyd and GGG even happen ? It's too far fetched. I understand he's been avoided doesn't mean you start throwing him with guys he shouldn't be, just to see what would happen.

You mean you're not in favour of Butterbean coming out of retirement and fighting Floyd? I mean come one, he'd only have to lose 150lbs. Shouldn't be too difficult, surely? :tongue:
Original post by frankieboy
You mean you're not in favour of Butterbean coming out of retirement and fighting Floyd? I mean come one, he'd only have to lose 150lbs. Shouldn't be too difficult, surely? :tongue:

Willie got it pretty much spot on here. What next Klitschko ? lol

[video="youtube;_ngg_CiGHBQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ngg_CiGHBQ[/video]
Reply 6217
Carl Froch vs Gennady Golovkin is being talked about. Golovkin would beat him pretty handily imo, probably making an emphatic statement by being the first man to knockout Carl Froch.
Original post by trrr
Carl Froch vs Gennady Golovkin is being talked about. Golovkin would beat him pretty handily imo, probably making an emphatic statement by being the first man to knockout Carl Froch.

Yeah no doubt. I really want Froch knocked out.

Groves eyeing a spot on the next Mayweather undercard, according to Ringside. What do you all reckon to DeGale-Dirrell?
Probably just Fastcar talking hype - doubt they are serious negotiations - just sounds like they're having a vague chat. Great if it did happen though. Golovkin doing a number on Froch would be a thing of beauty.

Latest