The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirgilis
:rave:

Pretty much writing my dissertation with that on repeat :lol:

Won't let me rep you again :frown:
Awesome opening though, it definitely ranks among my favourites.
I need a fun show that's easy to binge watch. Any genre is fine but preferably not romance. Comedy is a bonus but not necessary.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
I need a fun show that's easy to binge watch. Any genre is fine but preferably not romance. Comedy is a bonus but not necessary.

I can't remember what you've watched or what I've recommended you before, so apologies in advance if you've already seen these!

Moyashimon - Entertaining, and educational too!

Nichijou - Because I can't leave this out of any list where comedy is a bonus.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis - The characters make this show.

Cuticle Tantei Inaba - Underrated. I liked it, anyway. :p:

Maria+Holic - Absolutely no romance here, despite the protagonist's best efforts. :giggle:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I have a Top 50 list, which includes Code Geass. :yes: Baccano! is currently my number 1 favourite, though. :smile:

Code Geass was good, but didn't it seem as though it was longer than necessary?

With his powers, he could've done it in 4 episodes lol
Original post by Red Fox

I binged on the Toaru series (4 seasons) which was pretty enjoyable - not too stressful, has it's moments and decent plot/characters.

Or if you're into action stuff, the first season of Darker than Black is a good watch!
Original post by killa78
Code Geass was good, but didn't it seem as though it was longer than necessary?

With his powers, he could've done it in 4 episodes lol

I'm not sure he could have overthrown an entire empire that easily, but if he could, it wouldn't have been a very fun series. :p: I'm happy with its length, though IMO it could have done without some of the crazier developments in the second series, hence why that isn't in my list.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not sure he could have overthrown an entire empire that easily, but if he could, it wouldn't have been a very fun series. :p: I'm happy with its length, though IMO it could have done without some of the crazier developments in the second series, hence why that isn't in my list.

Yeah, I agree. The second season did feel more convoluted with the added (and somewhat unnecessary) plot elements, as well as some of the battles feeling contrived in how Lelouch won each time. Despite the amazing ending, I'd probably rate the second season below the first.
I can't remember what you've watched or what I've recommended you before, so apologies in advance if you've already seen these!

Moyashimon - Entertaining, and educational too!

Nichijou - Because I can't leave this out of any list where comedy is a bonus.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis - The characters make this show.

Cuticle Tantei Inaba - Underrated. I liked it, anyway. :p:

Maria+Holic - Absolutely no romance here, despite the protagonist's best efforts. :giggle:

I watched the first few episodes of Nichijou a while back and it was very funny so I'll pick that back up then.
Original post by caraniel
:wavey: Hi AJ :giggle:

I also have a Top 50, Fullmetal Alchemist is currently my no.1, but Geass is in my top 10 (just finished a rewatch last week - still fecking awesome). Think my top 50 is due another revamp at some stage this year.

Nice list, I like how you added some notes about each show. Fullmetal Alchemist is my number one too, although I haven't seen nearly enough shows for a top 50. I'd like to compile a similar list when I've seen enough anime to do so.
Original post by EdwardElric
Nice list, I like how you added some notes about each show. Fullmetal Alchemist is my number one too, although I haven't seen nearly enough shows for a top 50. I'd like to compile a similar list when I've seen enough anime to do so.

Thanks! I complied that list primarily because visitors to my blog repeatedly asked for a top whatever list. It's a handy thing to have since it allows people to get an idea of my taste in anime (which is absolutely flawless!), so adding a brief rundown of why I liked a show helps a lot.

I've watched so much anime it was ridiculously difficult to even narrow things down to 50, but I flat refuse to expand to a top 100 because that would be hell to keep updated! (Keep meaning to do a list for movies/OVAs but lack the motivation/energy to do so).
Thanks! I complied that list primarily because visitors to my blog repeatedly asked for a top whatever list. It's a handy thing to have since it allows people to get an idea of my taste in anime (which is absolutely flawless!), so adding a brief rundown of why I liked a show helps a lot.

I've watched so much anime it was ridiculously difficult to even narrow things down to 50, but I flat refuse to expand to a top 100 because that would be hell to keep updated! (Keep meaning to do a list for movies/OVAs but lack the motivation/energy to do so).

I would be interested in a list for movies so please post it here if you do ever get around to making it.

I've only seen about 15 of the series in your list but I agree with most of what you said about them, especially Gintama. I personally think Second Season is the best part of Monogatari though.

Have you seen Nana? If yes, what are your opinions on the show? (Anyone else feel free to answer)
Original post by Red Fox

I've now seen 6 episodes of Fate/Zer.
Original post by keromedic
I've now seen 6 episodes of Fate/Zer.

Enjoying it?

Glad to see you put Bebop so high up in the list. One of the few shows that really lived up to the hype and managed to make every episode interesting. A truly outstanding anime.

A lot of titles in your list are on my to watch list. I'm especially interested in Eureka Seven and Escaflowne, since I love a good mecha but the Gundam series is a little too daunting for me right now given the huge list of titles. I also need to check out End of Evangelion soon.
Original post by Red Fox
Enjoying it?

Yea. Though I need a bit of a break :tongue:. That creepy murdery guy -_-.
Yea. Though I need a bit of a break :tongue:. That creepy murdery guy -_-.

It's 2 seasons in case you didn't know:tongue:.
Original post by Red Fox
It's 2 seasons in case you didn't know:tongue:.

I'm now watching nisekoi fandubbed while I clean.
All about NARUTO ,ONE PIECE, DEATH NOTE AND HAJIME NO IPPO !!
I'm now watching nisekoi fandubbed while I clean.

Just don't expect any plot progression from it:lol:.
Original post by Red Fox
Just don't expect any plot progression from it:lol:.

Isn't it gonna be a love story between him and the blond chick or whoever gave him the necklace?

Latest