The Student Room Group

How many quotes do we have to learn for each character?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by undine_monty
If you're doing WJEC, they don't give you books in the exam. We all got told this literally as we were waiting to go into the exam. You didn't have to actually use set quotes, you could also explain what was said.

So you kinda did have to know a vague outline of some of the quotes.

That's so harsh! :eek: my teacher was telling us about from some point in the future all texts are going to be closed text, no books and no extracts, I couldn't imagine it! I'd probably cry and drop out haha
Original post by Ash Kay
Oh my gosh thank you so muchh!!!! This is so sweet of you!!!! Thanks alot!!!!! This is just....... so sweet!!! :d :smile:

It's okay!:smile: My teacher has shared so many resources with us and we're the only class in my year (29/130) to get them, it's so unfair!
Reply 22
:smile: Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by JessThomas6
It's okay!:smile: My teacher has shared so many resources with us and we're the only class in my year (29/130) to get them, it's so unfair!
Reply 23
Original post by MahirahKhan
Can you guys help me? Any predictions for OMAM

CURLEY
Original post by MahirahKhan
Can you guys help me? Any predictions for OMAM

Curley or hopefully Curley's wife
Hopefully something about shocking/surpisring etc. for the choice question.
its omam, im doing wjec board btw
Original post by NomadPrincess
its omam, im doing wjec board btw

I put notes up :smile: I'm on OCR so can't say, but good luck!:biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by Samuel2599
I've got lots of quote analysis for AIC if that is any help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, please? It'd be very much appreciated.
is nobody doing the crucible?:ashamed2::ashamed2:
That's so harsh! :eek: my teacher was telling us about from some point in the future all texts are going to be closed text, no books and no extracts, I couldn't imagine it! I'd probably cry and drop out haha

You know, that wouldn't be a bad idea. When we got told we couldn't have books, you should've seen the outcry. We were all so dependent on the book when we already had the knowledge of the quotes as well as the pieces of text in the test paper. I still came out with a good grade.

We got dropped in the deep end and all adapted.

Also with the books, people spend a lot of time flicking though the pages looking for specific quotes and it wastes time in the exam.
For anyone doing AIC it's most likely going to be Mrs Birling as she's never came up before :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know, that wouldn't be a bad idea. When we got told we couldn't have books, you should've seen the outcry. We were all so dependent on the book when we already had the knowledge of the quotes as well as the pieces of text in the test paper. I still came out with a good grade.

We got dropped in the deep end and all adapted.

Also with the books, people spend a lot of time flicking though the pages looking for specific quotes and it wastes time in the exam.

Yeah I think I'd have an idea, but I just like having the book there so i can see how it's laid out on the page (lame I know) and just to back up so i can get concrete quotes to back up my point
I'am doing edexel this year, is 5 quotes for each character enough, What is the most priority question I should prepare and can maybe someone grade a quick essay I made please. I really want to get an A and my teacher has been ignoring me for the last week :frown:(
Original post by AlphaWolfZ
I'am doing edexel this year, is 5 quotes for each character enough, What is the most priority question I should prepare and can maybe someone grade a quick essay I made please. I really want to get an A and my teacher has been ignoring me for the last week :frown:(

I'm not on Edexcel but I'll have a read if you want?
I focus on key scenes, characters and quotes, not learning them by heart but knowing what to use if they come up
I'd look through past papers and see what comes up commonly and then least common and go from there
Is your exam tomorrow?
Yeah I think I'd have an idea, but I just like having the book there so i can see how it's laid out on the page (lame I know) and just to back up so i can get concrete quotes to back up my point

Thats a good point, Good luck on your exam :smile:
I'm not on Edexcel but I'll have a read if you want?
I focus on key scenes, characters and quotes, not learning them by heart but knowing what to use if they come up
I'd look through past papers and see what comes up commonly and then least common and go from there
Is your exam tomorrow?

Unfortunately yes ;(
Thats a good point, Good luck on your exam :smile:

You too :smile:(if you're doing one? I'm on so amny threads for English i've lost track:biggrin:)
You too :smile:(if you're doing one? I'm on so amny threads for English i've lost track:biggrin:)

Not in English. When I came out of my last english exam last year, I was almost crying tears of joy because I didnt have to do english anymore :giggle:
Not in English. When I came out of my last english exam last year, I was almost crying tears of joy because I didnt have to do english anymore :giggle:

Oh God when I get rid of this bloody OMAM book I'm going to have a party I swear
We've been covering it on and off from year 10, watched the film three times, I can't wait to be rid of it
Here is my 1st PP!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending