The Student Room Group

US schools to teach kids there is no such things as boys or girls...

Delusional era we live in.
Reply 2
Is this serious? I think some people just need to understand that boys and girls are different physically and mentally and that stereotypes do exist because quite often they are true :redface:
"The plan calls for teaching seventh graders about transgenderism and tenth graders about the concept that sexuality is a broader spectrum --- but it sure smells like unadulterated sex indoctrination."

Fox news's reporters and base are Republican voting, gun toting, hyper Christian crazy people. Frequently they just lie (see the 'Birmingham is a Muslim area' scandal), but even when they don't, they are absolutely terrified of anything varying from 'the roles God made us in'.

Whatever the schools are teaching, I'm willing to bet it's not that 'there is no such thing as boys or girls'.
The Girl Scouts of America (GSA) is the latest organization to cave to pressure from the LGBTIQA lobby, adapting its policies to extend membership to boys who identify as girls.

Penny Nance from Concerned Women for America called the decision “just one more slap in the face to Christian parents.”
On the GSA website, the association states: “If the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.”
Girls participating in the scouts will now be obliged to recognize transgenderism as a normal lifestyle, critics say.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/15/girl-scouts-welcome-cross-dressing-boys-into-their-ranks/
Original post by minor bun engine
...only 'gender fluidity' I think we're well overdue an alien invasion
On reading the topic I was like WTH.

On reading the details I am like What the complete F.

This is screwed up.
Original post by thesabbath
The Girl Scouts of America (GSA) is the latest organization to cave to pressure from the LGBTIQA lobby...
That was probably only a matter of time after the Boy Scouts changed their policies a while ago.
For God's sake people, Fox and Breitbart? I hate identity politics as much as anyone but come on.
Just chop off / sew up everyone's genitals, remove reproduction organs and give everyone robotic hormone controlling stuff so we can all be equal.
Right so there is no X and Y chromosomes in genes. This is the same thing like people who say that race does not exist when it exists firmly in genes. It's wishing away reality due to political desire.

Don't worry, eventually these nations will be so far removed from reality that they will not be able to maintain their own infrastructure and budgets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Schools do need to teach that SOME people do not strongly identify to a gender, and that SOME people don't feel like they don't fit with the gender they've been assigned. But to say that it doesn't exist is just stupid because anatomically at least, it definitely does exist!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilyelisabeth
Schools do need to teach that SOME people do not strongly identify to a gender, and that SOME people don't feel like they don't fit with the gender they've been assigned. But to say that it doesn't exist is just stupid because anatomically at least, it definitely does exist!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're not going to say it doesn't exist: 'Individual identity will also be described as having four parts biological gender, gender identity (includes transgender), gender role, and sexual orientation'. Evidently, biological gender and gender identity are two separate things, so they're quite clear on the differences between anatomy and identification.

The title of this thread is a complete misrepresentation, and the article linked is scaremongering about what seems like quite a reasonable stance to take.
Original post by Actaeon
They're not going to say it doesn't exist: 'Individual identity will also be described as having four parts biological gender, gender identity (includes transgender), gender role, and sexual orientation'. Evidently, biological gender and gender identity are two separate things, so they're quite clear on the differences between anatomy and identification.

The title of this thread is a complete misrepresentation, and the article linked is scaremongering about what seems like quite a reasonable stance to take.

Fair enough - reading the article it actually seems pretty good, title is very misleading!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fox News....
(edited 8 years ago)
Great move.

Funny how people don't bat an eyelid when girls wear trousers or get a pixie cut but if a boy wears a skirt and grows his hair long he's most likely to get bullied. How does having a penis or a vagina dictate whether it's socially acceptable for you to wear a certain design/type of clothing or what length your hair should be? Why did trousers used to be 'male only' and why now are skirts/dresses 'female only'? The sooner people start opening their minds up the better.

How many of you who are female have worn trousers? How many of you who are male have worn something with pink on it or grown your hair longer than a short back and sides? Why do we have unspoken boundaries for both genders beyond such subtle gender 'cross-overs'? 'Oh, you can wear trainers with a strip of pink on it if you're a male, but don't wear pink leggings'. 'Oh you can wear skinny jeans in you're a girl, but don't shave your head and wear a suit'.

To all of you who are so horrified by this: what's with the invisible 'gender rules' that you've all created for yourselves? Why do you let your genitalia and society to dictate what clothes you're ''allowed to wear'' and how you express yourselves? It so uptight and stinks of fear. Every child should be taught that they can express themselves however they like regardless of their birth sex.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CycleofSpin
Right so there is no X and Y chromosomes in genes.

Except some men have two, three or even 4 Xs as well of a Y (sometimes men have more than one Y too, and sometimes women have more than two Xs, but these generally don't cause sexual amibiguities). Sometimes some cells have XX while others have XY.

In fact, technically the actual chromosome shapes are irrelevant, the important thing is that a Y chromosome almost always has an SRY gene which initiates the development of male sexual characteristics. Though sometimes the SRY is either faulty or is inhibited by other factors, and so babies with XY chromosomes are nevertheless born "biologically female".

Not particularly being an expert and realising this is getting long anyway, I won't give any more examples. But the point is that the appeal to "biological sex" really isn't as clear-cut as people think. 1-2% of newborn babies exhibit some level of sexual ambiguity; may not sound like much, but that would mean about a million people in the UK as a whole were born with it.
Original post by LivyP
Is this serious? I think some people just need to understand that boys and girls are different physically and mentally and that stereotypes do exist because quite often they are true :redface:

Male and female are different but you HAVE to accept that much of what it is to be a boy/girl is a social construction.

Things like boys liking blue and girls pink, boys liking violence and girls not, boys being strong and girls emotional is a construction of wider society that is drilled into everyone from an early age.

That pressure to prescribe to the pre-conceived ideas of society can cause distress and pain to those who do not fit in to those roles as well as limiting the freedom of expression of everybody.
Original post by mojojojo101
Male and female are different but you HAVE to accept that much of what it is to be a boy/girl is a social construction.

Things like boys liking blue and girls pink, boys liking violence and girls not, boys being strong and girls emotional is a construction of wider society that is drilled into everyone from an early age.

Not all these are comparable. Women lack the same levels of testosterone, therefore the violence point isn't really socially constructed. Blue/pink is a social construction, as are the words we use to describe boys and girls. Men being stronger than women is not a social construction. Are you saying that men being better than women are tennis is a social construction as well?
Reply 17
I wish I could have identified as female when I was a kid, there was a really good girls school near where I lived that I could have gone to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending