The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Surah Luqman [31:16-19]

Sahih International
[And Luqman said], "O my son, indeed if wrong should be the weight of a mustard seed and should be within a rock or [anywhere] in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Indeed, Allah is Subtle and Acquainted.

Sahih International
O my son, establish prayer, enjoin what is right, forbid what is wrong, and be patient over what befalls you. Indeed, [all] that is of the matters [requiring] determination.

Sahih International
And do not turn your cheek [in contempt] toward people and do not walk through the earth exultantly. Indeed, Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful.

Sahih International
And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Law-Hopeful
The fact you even ask that is disturbing.

Would you respond in a similar vein when asked if you support black rights?

Why's that disturbing. They are two different things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;ciaEisQ6cdE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciaEisQ6cdE[/video]

:smile:
Reply 9803
Original post by Law-Hopeful
The fact you even ask that is disturbing.

Would you respond in a similar vein when asked if you support black rights?

No, it's a valid question - what are gay rights? The right to same sex marriage? The right to have homosexual sex? Etc. It needs to be clearly defined.
I guess after years of being killed by Buddhists and abused by human traffickers, the world couldn't go on looking the other way whilst Rohingya Muslims suffered. All the leaders of the Muslim countries who refused them are utter scum.

The Boat Of Starving Rohingya Refugees That No Country Will Take In

The emaciated faces of hundreds of refugees found adrift in Thai waters on Thursday spoke volumes about the scale of the humanitarian crisis unfolding in South Asia.

Reporters on Thursday found about 400 refugees from Myanmar's Muslim Rohingya minority crammed aboard a wooden fishing boat in the Andaman Sea, desperate for food and water.

The refugees said they had been at sea for almost three months and had fled persecution in their home country. They had hoped to reach Malaysia but were turned away by Malay authorities. Six days ago, smugglers abandoned their ship, and ten people had already perished onboard, refugees said.

Christophe Archambault, a photographer for Agence France Presse, captured the harrowing scenes onboard the ship, and the desperate scramble for supplies that were eventually dropped by the Thai military.

Aid groups say at least 6,000 refugees -- and perhaps many times that number -- have been drifting for days and months in the waters between Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia. They were abandoned with little food and water by human traffickers after a regional crackdown on smuggling networks. Most are Rohingya Muslims who are stateless in Myanmar and Bangladeshis trying to escape poverty.

Only a few boats have been able to reach safe shore. On Thursday, Thailand and Malaysia turned away boats crammed with starving refugees as officials washed their hands of the crisis. "We have to send the right message that they are not welcome here," Malaysian Deputy Home Minister Wan Junaidi Jafaar told The Associated Press, adding: "What do you expect us to do?" Thai Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha said it wasn't fair for his country to shoulder the burden of accepting refugees. "No one wants them," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/14/boat-people-photos_n_7283178.html?ir=Religion&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000051

(edited 8 years ago)
Why do we think people are losing their imaan? I mean many people don't care about religion and prayer.

Is anyone here like the only person in the household to prayer ? If I have like 10 people at my house ill be the only one to get up whilst everyone else just sits there.

Why do people not care ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
I guess after years of being killed by Buddhists and abused by human traffickers, the world couldn't go on looking the other way whilst Rohingya Muslims suffered. All the leaders of the Muslim countries who refused them are utter scum.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/14/boat-people-photos_n_7283178.html?ir=Religion&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000051

Very sad

I dont understand why malaysia and thailand dont take them in? Instead of welcoming them and offering them food, water and protection they say "we dont want you, go away"

Malaysia and thailand should learn a thing or two from italy

What are these people supposed to do now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Okay so i have a question:

1) how can an all loving god, all "just" god, give such a evil punishment? He loves us more than our own mothers but is ready to burn us for all eternity. How is this justified? I disobey my mother on a daily basis and i hurt her a lot, but she doesnt burn me up or beat me up to punish me... So how is it justifiable for god to do so?
Original post by Sammi_K?

1) how can an all loving god, all "just" god, give such a evil punishment? He loves us more than our own mothers but is ready to burn us for all eternity. How is this justified? I disobey my mother on a daily basis and i hurt her a lot, but she doesnt burn me up or beat me up to punish me... So how is it justifiable for god to do so?

Allah is not all loving. His love is not unconditional, it has to be earned. He states he does not like/love several groups of people in the Qur'an.

For example:

Qur'an 2:190

And fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress. Surely, Allah loves not the transgressors.

Allah gives people what they've earned. A mass murderer is not going to get the same end as some pious person. etc. etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Allah is not all loving. His love is not unconditional, it has to be earned. He states he does not like/love several groups of people in the Qur'an.

For example:

Qur'an 2:190

And fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress. Surely, Allah loves not the transgressors.

Allah gives people what they've earned. A mass murderer is not going to get the same end as some pious person. etc. etc.

Then how can His love be analogous to a mother's love X 70 ?
Original post by binarythoughts
Then how can His love be analogous to a mother's love X 70 ?

I don't think that is legit. I read up on it before on islamqa, they said Allah knows best regarding that. It should come up via Google.

The nearest thing to it I've read is a hadith about a mother and her child, it ended it with how Allah has more mercy for his believing slave than the mother to her child. Or something like that.

Anyway good night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyway good night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lolwut:

It's 7am bro

Are you telling me youre only just about to go to sleep now? :lolwut:

This is just messed up
Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think that is legit. I read up on it before on islamqa, they said Allah knows best regarding that. It should come up via Google.

The nearest thing to it I've read is a hadith about a mother and her child, it ended it with how Allah has more mercy for his believing slave than the mother to her child. Or something like that.

Anyway good night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab some Sabi (i.e. war prisoners, children and woman only) were brought before the Prophet and behold, a woman amongst them was milking her breasts to feed and whenever she found a child amongst the captives, she took it over her chest and nursed it (she had lost her child but later she found him) the Prophet said to us, "Do you think that this lady can throw her son in the fire?" We replied, "No, if she has the power not to throw it (in the fire)." The Prophet then said, "Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this lady to her son."

If this is the hadith you're referring to, it just says His slaves. There is no criteria mentioned for that slave to be worthy of His love and mercy..
Original post by Ruh
No, it's a valid question - what are gay rights? The right to same sex marriage? The right to have homosexual sex? Etc. It needs to be clearly defined.

Yes, the same rights that are afforded to heterosexuals seeing as human rights are fundamentally about fair and equal treatment in exactly the same way we advocate for other groups e.g. ethnic or religious minorities (Muslims included, in an age of increasing bigotry against them).
Reply 9814
'Human Rights' have a loophole anyway in that they may be curbed to protect society from disorder as a country sees fit e.g. men may walk around topless but women may not. Similarly, I don't believe in homosexual marriage or the 'right' to homosexual sex (though obviously I'm not too fussed what they do behind closed doors) in an Islamic state in order to protect society.
Mohammed Morsi is the legitimate president of Egypt. Him and his government were overthrown a few years ago by a military coup. He is a good Muslim, throughout his time in power, outside forces made it very hard for him to rule. The Saudi tyrants supported his overthrow

Its quite Ironic that Saudi Arabic started out with funding Muslim Brotherhood.
Original post by Ruh
'Human Rights' have a loophole anyway in that they may be curbed to protect society from disorder as a country sees fit e.g. men may walk around topless but women may not.

That is because the womens are beautiful creatures whereas the mens are not that much beautiful :yes:

And thus we must hide the womens beauty and magnificence
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9817
Original post by Sammi_K?

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Allah is All Loving. Only those who disbelieved in Him will burn for eternity (unless He chose to forgive them), and this is because a disbeliever is one who was given life by Him, sustained by Him, kept alive by Him, anything good in your life was due to Him, things that you don't even know of e.g. He could have saved your life or directed you away from a thing that could have harmed you, and He has overlooked their faults in the past (and not punished you so much in this life), and he gave the disbelievers the chance to learn about Islam, which was another mercy for their benefit, but the disbelievers reject His guidance, they sin, and they deny the existence of the one who gave them everything. We cannot even comprehend the number of good things that Allah has done for us; just because you can see what your mother does for you does not mean she is nicer to you that Allah. In reality, the mercy of a mother to her child is but a drop in the ocean to that of Allah to His creation
Allah forgives all sins but He is not inclined to forgive those who actively disbelieve but those who repent for disbelief in their lifetime; those who had limited knowledge about Islam or had limited opportunity to learn will not be unfairly punished, instead they will be given their own test on the Day of Judgement.
Original post by Biryani007
Ok I'm not sure if this was Imam Ahmad but..
I once heard that a scholar did not write salAllahu alaihi wasallam after the Prophet's name because he didn't want to abbreviate it but also didn't have the ink (or was it time?) to write it out in full each time...

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Shot in the dark.

Was it due to his poverty he couldn't afford the ink/paper to write it?

Good guesses but not quite.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Good guesses but not quite.

Was it that he said it out loud as opposed to writing it?

Latest

Trending

Trending