The Student Room Group

Wjec english literature omam & unseen poetry *official thread*

I have seen any officials yet so I thought why not make one??

Anyway you guys, how you feeling about Monday? Any predictions??

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing To Kill a Mockingbird... not really sure how to gauge how prepared I am. I've been looking at that today and going through themes and characters etc, tomorrow I go through poetry :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Steliata
I'm doing To Kill a Mockingbird... not really sure how to gauge how prepared I am. I've been looking at that today and going through themes and characters etc, tomorrow I go through poetry :frown:

I Hate poetry so much, I just can't seem to get the points.
Mixed feelings about this one. Have done loads of revision on OMAM and know the book quite well, but most of my practise answers haven't been up to standard (imo)
Reply 4
I get so fustrated with English Lit., all my marked work is of A* standard but I can never write a sufficient amount. Also I hate how we have to learn quotes - how does this test our ability to respond to literature in any way?
Did a lot of OMAM revision today and have all my quotes and essay plans, need to do RS and unseen poetry tomorrow as well (but I have geography and physics next week as well, not to mention the unit 2 exam so need to fit in some revision for those too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Did any of you lot do cambridge igcse language paper 0522?? I need to know something!!
Unseen poetry is great! there's no wrong or right answer as long as you can justify it. :smile:
Has anyone got any good tips for comparing unseen poetry? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CarrieLouise1
Has anyone got any good tips for comparing unseen poetry? :smile:

If you've analysed poem 1 and poem 2 then the comparison should hopefully come naturally. Talk about similarities and differences, be perceptive if you're aiming for the highest grades. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any predictions for omam??
I predict George, Candy or Curleys wife.
Original post by Deval

Curley's wife was last year, doubt they'll repeat it so close. I bet Candy or Lennie and then Loneliness,Racism or portyal of women.

Good Luck
Reply 12
Original post by Deval

same.
Reply 13
These are my predictions; characters - Curley's wife (or her relationship with Curley), Candy, could be a question about the minor characters and their significance? George as an individual could come up. Themes - Treatment of women could be asked about, or loneliness, power. Could they ask us about the settings?
Original post by shrl0
These are my predictions; characters - Curley's wife (or her relationship with Curley), Candy, could be a question about the minor characters and their significance? George as an individual could come up. Themes - Treatment of women could be asked about, or loneliness, power. Could they ask us about the settings?

I believe they can. Personally i would never pick the settings question. I've seen a settings quest on how the setting at the end of the novel ( lennies death) are good.
Guys I have an idea. How about we choose a character and then everyone posts a quote on them. This wwould be great. Anyone up for it?
Reply 16
Reply 17
In what ways is George significant could be asked because Candy came up in the specification and they may use treatment of women as a theme question
So you're saying that Candy or Curley wont come up because they were in the specimen paper???
You just don't know what will come up, it's best to just revise everything. Sometimes they do repeat questions but word it differently...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest