The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
Isn't it gonna be a love story between him and the blond chick or whoever gave him the necklace?

Nah it just ends up as a harem comedy. If it's romance you want then look elsewhere.
Original post by Red Fox
Nah it just ends up as a harem comedy. If it's romance you want then look elsewhere.

So there's no ending :nothing:

His brown haired chick is his childhood friend so I assumed he'd go out with the blond chick for awhile then realise who the brown haired chick is and end up with her.
(edited 8 years ago)
So there's no ending :nothing:

His brown haired chick is his childhood friend so I assumed he'd go out with the blond chick for awhile then realise who the brown haired chick is and end up with her.

Yeah there's no ending, the manga is still going on much further than the anime.

Like I said, if you want romantic progression or an actual plot then you're much better off watching something else.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah there's no ending, the manga is still going on much further than the anime.

Like I said, if you want romantic progression or an actual plot then you're much better off watching something else.

There are two romance animes that I'd like to watch.

In one of them, he goes out with everyone in the school and the girls all find out and kill him.

In the other, I believe in the finale the main char's ex decapitates him and his gf kills her and rips out her organs then takes his head with her into the sunset or something.

Friends have mentioned the anime to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have never seen this thread before. I am pretty interested tbh and currently I have started JoJo's bizarre adventure and watching fate stay night unlimited blade works season 2. I have watched some great anime in the form of:
Gurren Lagann
Danganronpa
Cowboy bebop
Fairytail
Baccano
Deathnote
Naruto (unfortunately)
DBZ
Soul eater
Fate zero
FMAB
Code geass
Madoka magica (surprisingly manly)

Cant think of more. So yeah thats me anime wise

In one of them, he goes out with everyone in the school and the girls all find out and kill him.

In the other, I believe in the finale. The main char's ex decapitates him and his gf kills her and rips out her organs then takes his head with her into the sunset or something.

3edgy5me:lol:. You might like School Days.
Oh yeah kill la kill too
Original post by Red Fox
I would be interested in a list for movies so please post it here if you do ever get around to making it.

I've only seen about 15 of the series in your list but I agree with most of what you said about them, especially Gintama. I personally think Second Season is the best part of Monogatari though.

Have you seen Nana? If yes, what are your opinions on the show? (Anyone else feel free to answer)

I really should make the movies list my next project....maybe after I get the Summer preview done.

Gintama is awesome - so impressive how it can keep being so fun even after so many episodes. Second Season of the Monogatari series has excellent character development, but I think I still prefer Bakemonogatari over all.

Yes I've seen NANA - stunning shoujo series. It's sitting down in the 50s-60s for me, simply because of the frustrating ending. Still highly recommended though.

Original post by EdwardElric
Glad to see you put Bebop so high up in the list. One of the few shows that really lived up to the hype and managed to make every episode interesting. A truly outstanding anime.

A lot of titles in your list are on my to watch list. I'm especially interested in Eureka Seven and Escaflowne, since I love a good mecha but the Gundam series is a little too daunting for me right now given the huge list of titles. I also need to check out End of Evangelion soon.

I actually put off watching Cowboy Bebop for years because I was sure it wouldn't live up to the hype (same with Samurai Champloo), but it definitely is regarded as an anime classic for very good reasons.

I'd definitely recommend Eureka Seven - it looks beautiful and the central love story is really engaging. I'm due a rewatch of that. Escaflowne is also heavy on the romance aspect - my love for that series is heavily steeped in nostalgia (it was one of my gateway shows). I'd also heartily recommend RahXephon if you liked Evangelion.

In the other, I believe in the finale the main char's ex decapitates him and his gf kills her and rips out her organs then takes his head with her into the sunset or something.

That's definitely School Days. A show I haven't actually watched, but still know more than I really wanted to know about.

Original post by hamza_ahmad
I have never seen this thread before. I am pretty interested tbh and currently I have started JoJo's bizarre adventure and watching fate stay night unlimited blade works season 2. I have watched some great anime in the form of:
Gurren Lagann
Danganronpa
Cowboy bebop
Fairytail
Baccano
Deathnote
Naruto (unfortunately)
DBZ
Soul eater
Fate zero
FMAB
Code geass

That's a pretty cool list - take it you're a fan of shounen action shows!
The full OP theme for Owari no Seraph is out. :coma: Definitely my favourite theme of the season, and probably the only thing this slow-paced, generic series has going for it at this point, though I have decided to keep it on - should be entertaining once the action finally starts, I hope.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the other Spring shows I asked for about a week ago - I did end up watching a couple more episodes of Denpa Kyoushi, but it did nothing for me. Just too similar to Ansatsu Kyoushítsu, while nowhere near as good. Yamada-kun was alright, but not much better than anything else I was already watching. And I gave Punch Line a second shot at the recommendation of a friend on Facebook... nope, still bad.

In the end, sorry to say I ignored everyone and picked up Etotama, which is just completely my kind of series. :tongue: I was much too hasty dropping it just because of its similarity to Show By Rock!!

Original post by hamza_ahmad
Gurren Lagann
Danganronpa
Cowboy bebop
Fairytail
Baccano
Deathnote
Naruto (unfortunately)
DBZ
Soul eater
Fate zero
FMAB
Code geass

Oh yeah kill la kill too

Welcome to the society! That is an amazing list. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
I need recommendations. I have pretty varied tastes I've watched Naruto (my favourite, although I know it isn't good anymore, it has a special place in my heart) Bleach, Another, DEATH NOTE <3, a LOT of shojo anime, etc. Some names please??
Original post by fandom-queen
I need recommendations. I have pretty varied tastes I've watched Naruto (my favourite, although I know it isn't good anymore, it has a special place in my heart) Bleach, Another, DEATH NOTE <3, a LOT of shojo anime, etc. Some names please??

Cowboy Bebop and Baccano! for sure. Also, I think you'd like Code Geass since it's similar to Death Note. Oh, and the Fullmetal Alchemist series is also worth watching.
Not specifically but yeah, I just like shows with good character development and an interesting plot- as they are the fundamental basics really.
Original post by caraniel
I really should make the movies list my next project....maybe after I get the Summer preview done.

Gintama is awesome - so impressive how it can keep being so fun even after so many episodes. Second Season of the Monogatari series has excellent character development, but I think I still prefer Bakemonogatari over all.

Yes I've seen NANA - stunning shoujo series. It's sitting down in the 50s-60s for me, simply because of the frustrating ending. Still highly recommended though.

I actually put off watching Cowboy Bebop for years because I was sure it wouldn't live up to the hype (same with Samurai Champloo), but it definitely is regarded as an anime classic for very good reasons.

I'd definitely recommend Eureka Seven - it looks beautiful and the central love story is really engaging. I'm due a rewatch of that. Escaflowne is also heavy on the romance aspect - my love for that series is heavily steeped in nostalgia (it was one of my gateway shows). I'd also heartily recommend RahXephon if you liked Evangelion.

That's definitely School Days. A show I haven't actually watched, but still know more than I really wanted to know about.

That's a pretty cool list - take it you're a fan of shounen action shows!

A few shounen action series:

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

One Piece

Magi

Soul Eater

D.Gray-man

Shows similar to Death Note with mind games and clever characters:

Code Geass

Zetsuen no Tempest

Monster

Kaiji

Spiral

And finally, some shoujo:

Lovely Complex

The Rose of Versailles

Skip Beat!

Escaflowne

Or this season's Ore Monogatari!!, if you don't mind the weekly wait for new episodes.

I hope that something there is of interest to you! :biggrin:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
A few shounen action series:

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

One Piece

Magi

Soul Eater

D.Gray-man

Shows similar to Death Note with mind games and clever characters:

Code Geass

Zetsuen no Tempest

Monster

Kaiji

Spiral

And finally, some shoujo:

Lovely Complex

The Rose of Versailles

Skip Beat!

Escaflowne

Or this season's Ore Monogatari!!, if you don't mind the weekly wait for new episodes.

I hope that something there is of interest to you! :biggrin:

Original post by EdwardElric
Cowboy Bebop and Baccano! for sure. Also, I think you'd like Code Geass since it's similar to Death Note. Oh, and the Fullmetal Alchemist series is also worth watching.

Yeah, I guess I'll watch FMA next. Which would you recommend, brotherhood or the other one first??
Fandom queen you should watch brotherhood just alchemist is bad
Yeah, I guess I'll watch FMA next. Which would you recommend, brotherhood or the other one first??

Difficult one, as I was discussing with another member on here a week ago. The first anime has better pacing at the start, and a completely anime original (but not bad, considering) conclusion; Brotherhood sticks to the manga and is the better of the two series in my opinion, but it has a very rushed beginning because it assumes people will have already seen the original. It slows down at the point where the first series deviated from the manga, and is great from then onwards.

If you don't mind fast pacing and lack of detail, you could probably jump right into Brotherhood. But if you're okay adding an extra 50 episodes, watching the first anime might add to your enjoyment of Brotherhood afterwards. :dontknow:
(edited 8 years ago)
The second half of Unlimited Blade Works feels like a different show to the first, and thank god it does.

I would recommend watching the first series before Brotherhood, not only is it a brilliant anime in itself, but it also has better pacing at the beginning and takes more time developing the relationship between Edward and Alphonse. Brotherhood does have a superior story, but it skips over or barely covers some important parts in the original because it's assumed that you've already watched the original. I watched the original first, and I think it helped me enjoy Brotherhood a lot more.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone here like nogame no life?
I've only seem FMA Brotherhood but have been told FMA is terrible.

Latest