The Student Room Group

Your opinion

.. ... .....
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
The answer is no. It's not possible, just because you did it at GCSE doesn't mean it'll work at A-Level. I'm not going to sugar coat things and hide the truth, but A-Levels is pretty hard, especially a subjects like the ones you chose. But, it all depends on how much work you've done during the year, if you've done nothing then just call it quits. It's not happening, if you've constantly put in work then you'd got a chance to pass atleast.

I knew many students that had that same attitude, when they got into A2 with grades like Es and Ds, they said "I thought it would work because it worked for me at GCSE".

Don't get upset with my response, ask anybody, they'll confirm what I'm saying to be true.
Reply 2
Original post by nisachola
I think it actually depends on the person and I'm not saying I have done anything the whole year. I have attended every class and I got lots of notes and I think if I put solid work for the exams it could work out.. I also have done all my practicals in biology and chemistry and got A's and one B and for the second units of biology and chemistry I got an extra week as they are in June.

Ahh I see, you'll do fine then. GET OF TSR. Go revise :u:
Reply 3
Are you being sarcastic or serious tho? And thanks btw because I was hoping that people will tell me that I could do it and I thought that would make me stay motivated and do well but the fact that you have said that I can't do it made me even more dedicated as I wanted to prove you wrong! Not in an offensive way 😅

That's how I passed my GCSEs, everybody thought I was stupid. That motivated me to learn the hard way, ended up getting better results than them.

The thing is, I have a different style of approaching things. I wasn't being sarcastic, good luck though.
What did you get in your mocks?
I'd say it's near impossible to get a high grade (A-B) in those subjects with NO revision.
Hope you are motivated to do some revision, you still have time! :biggrin:
For Maths you'll be alright, do loads of past papers, see what you know but most importantly see what you don't know and learn from it
Reply 6
It depends if you already know all the content well and just need revise it or if you're unsure about a lot of it still, all my friends who got A*'s at GCSE from last minute revision got cocky and thought it would work in the mocks but came out with D/E's
The content for things like biology and psychology is just too much to learn last minute, even if you're extremely smart - you also need to of got exam practice in because knowing exactly what they're looking for is half the difficulty
Good luck though!
Hey people! Please before you think anything I have to tell you that because of various reasons and also some laziness and stupidity I have not revised for any of my exams. I am currently doing AS Maths, Psychology, Chemistry and Biology. ( I know these are the ones you cant afford to not revise but im at this situation right now..) The good side is that I am actually good at learning last minute as I did 6 GCSE's (each test revised for it the night before from scratch) and i got A*,A,A,B,B,C . this means that if I had revised better and months ago I actually could get better grades but thats not what I am asking you. My question is that if I did from tomorrow (saturday) on from 4 am till 12 and sunday revision for biology chemistry and maths and also revise for at monday and tuesday the same amount could I archive AABB where biology is a b and chemistry or even AAAB?
please be honest and I am just hoping for motivating replies!
Thanks <3

maths-absolutely
chemistry -yes I think so
biology-i dont do it, but if it is like chemistry whre you literally just learn stuff, you will be fine, you have while.

I am a last minute person too, I have chemistry on friday and will probably start revising on wednesday since i hav 2 exams to revise for that are on weds
Let's put some perspective on this:

Last year in my AS levels, I had 24 students in my class doing mathematics.

This year, in my A2 levels, I have 12 students in my class doing mathematics.

Half of my class failed last year, and all of them didn't revise.

REVISE FOR YOU EXAMS, UNTIL YOU ACE 3 PAST PAPERS YOU MIGHT AS WELL NO TURN UP

Quick Reply

Latest