The Student Room Group

Of mice and men predictions

likely questions to come up on the AQA English Lit of mice and men!!!!

Scroll to see replies

The most likely questions could be based around Curley and Candy as they haven't been done in the past couple of years. However AQA tend to like to go against what everyone is expecting so it could be on Crooks as that was only a few years ago or even themes?
I genuinely think there is going to be a question about the pond, because i'm sure they haven't given any questions about the pond in recent years.
Reply 3
Original post by CandyCrush27
I genuinely think there is going to be a question about the pond, because i'm sure they haven't given any questions about the pond in recent years.

Could you expand on what you mean by the pond?
Reply 4

Elaborate please and i cant recall any pond thats how lost i am this lit exam is gonna be a killer
Reply 5
Original post by noz01

I think they mean the brush which is contrasted in chapter 1 and chapter 6.
Reply 6
Original post by Synonym
Elaborate please and i cant recall any pond thats how lost i am this lit exam is gonna be a killer

the brush, where the novel starts and finishes. It could even be a metaphor for 1930s Depression where everything went round in a circle
I'm thinking Curley and them lonelyliness and isolation or violence as the B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noz01

The beginning of the play starts near a pond, and thats when we're first introduced to George and Lennie, and thats where we first discover that Lennie is mentally un-stable. However toward the end thats where Lennie dies, but you could compare Lennies death to Candy's dogs death, they were both shot in the same area (back of head) with the same same gun, this shows the relation between Lennie and animal being treated the same way. Please correct me if I'm wrong :smile:
Original post by Synonym

Basically this is where we are first introduced to Lennie and George (near the pond), and this is where Lennie is describe as an animal, for example he has paws like a bear, and drinks water from the pond as a horse. However it is also when we discover that Lennie is un-stable. Towards the end, Lennie is killed near the pond (the same place where the story had begun). I only think there may be a question on the pond because, there hasn't been one on it in recent years :smile: but its good if you re-read the book, to remember what the story is about.
It's going to be on the American Dream, or dreams in general. It could also be about Curley's wife yet again as I think that came up in 2012.
Original post by DancerGirlA*
It's going to be on the American Dream, or dreams in general. It could also be about Curley's wife yet again as I think that came up in 2012.

I doubt it, because most people are expecting something on the American Dream etc, but I do think there may be a question on misfits/outcasts or animals.

yeah I'm hoping so thing like Curley and then the be saying ' how is the theme of dreams shown in the rest of the novel, you can talk about anyone and don't really need any proper knowledge other than about 6 quotes

Posted from TSR Mobile
I doubt it, because most people are expecting something on the American Dream etc, but I do think there may be a question on misfits/outcasts or animals.

Could be. That's what our class thought but one of the English teachers is convinced, but I guess nobody knows. It'll be something big though as this is the second to last year that Mice and Men is on the curriculum
Could be. That's what our class thought but one of the English teachers is convinced, but I guess nobody knows. It'll be something big though as this is the second to last year that Mice and Men is on the curriculum

Or you may be right there may be one on the American Dream, but I don't know for sure, because it could come up on anything, definitely not coming up on Relationships, or Curley's Wife and attitudes to women back in the day, Crooks, or how life is presented in the bunk house, but there has not been a single question on the Pond in recent years.

you clapted yute suck my dick
Or you may be right there may be one on the American Dream, but I don't know for sure, because it could come up on anything, definitely not coming up on Relationships, or Curley's Wife and attitudes to women back in the day, Crooks, or how life is presented in the bunk house, but there has not been a single question on the Pond in recent years.

I just wouldn't think that it would be on the Pond as what would the part B question be? As theres been a George and Lennie question recently
I just wouldn't think that it would be on the Pond as what would the part B question be? As theres been a George and Lennie question recently

Ahhh true, and I do Of Mice and Men which is probably section B on AQA , and an inspector calls which is probably section A on AQA.
Ahhh true, and I do Of Mice and Men which is probably section B on AQA , and an inspector calls which is probably section A on AQA.

Yes I know. I meant the second part of the Mice and Men question after the extract aha
Yes I know. I meant the second part of the Mice and Men question after the extract aha

OH LOL, oops ._. uhm I don't know to be honest haven't really thought about it, what do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending