The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
I swear Fabianski is taking the piss. WC against us, Conference level against our rivals.

he's one of those keepers that pisses you off like that.
he'll just have a random game out of nowhere where he decides to be God.

he did the same last season when you beat us in the FA Cup (still hurting) :frown:
Original post by Lúcio

Yeh pretty much every average keeper does that against us. GOAT against Manchester United but then they'll play FC Midtable the following week and have a shocker. Brad Friedel is probably the best example, or Myhill the other week.
Original post by sr90
Yeh pretty much every average keeper does that against us. GOAT against Manchester United but then they'll play FC Midtable the following week and have a shocker. Brad Friedel is probably the best example, or Myhill the other week.

i never forget it - i remember an FA Cup Merseyside derby where Tim Howard became world class for 90 minutes.
it's probably worse when it's a cup game because it's just one single random performance that can put you out of a trophy chance.

you feel like the world is against you when that happens.
similarly to when random players score a one in a million goal against you *cough* jagielka *cough*

P.S: i didn't get a quote notifcation from you there - been noticing things like that recently
is that a known issue?
Original post by Lúcio
i never forget it - i remember an FA Cup Merseyside derby where Tim Howard became world class for 90 minutes.
it's probably worse when it's a cup game because it's just one single random performance that can put you out of a trophy chance.

you feel like the world is against you when that happens.
similarly to when random players score a one in a million goal against you *cough* jagielka *cough*

P.S: i didn't get a quote notifcation from you there - been noticing things like that recently
is that a known issue?

Well I didn't get one from you either so I suppose it evens out...

**** knows man, i'll report it though.
Original post by sr90
Well I didn't get one from you either so I suppose it evens out...

**** knows man, i'll report it though.

yeah, again i didn't get notified; it's probably just a bug but it's odd because on the whole it seems to work.

that swansea loss is starting to look bad for arsenal's hopes of getting 2nd.
shame because i'd always prefer you to beat city to it.
Swansea back to 2-2 :biggrin:

Keep it up lads, dont mind you dicking on us, if you do it to our rivals as well
lol.. litterally 30s after I post that, fabiakski gets beaten at his near post...

3-2

Still time
Original post by Arkasia
I swear Fabianski is taking the piss. WC against us, Conference level against our rivals.

Another mistake to give City the lead and probably the win.
jeeze what a save from heart. keeping city in 2nd
Original post by fallen_acorns
lol.. litterally 30s after I post that, fabiakski gets beaten at his near post...

3-2

Still time

Kompany on for Fernandinho. City are shutting down and Aguero will probably nick one on the counter.
Reply 230
What a ****ing save by Hart
fabianski and hart are simultaneously trolling you guys :cool:
Reply 232
Original post by SA-1
What a ****ing save by Hart

And again ffs
and again.. another great save.

Tale of two keepers today.. and the end of the story is not good for us
jeeze what a save from heart. keeping city in 2nd

I have been very critical of Hart in the past but he's been absolutely outstanding today.
Original post by sr90
I have been very critical of Hart in the past but he's been absolutely outstanding today.

I dont think there has ever been any doubt that at his best hart is a really great keeper..

Its just that he has not really been able to ever find the consistancy and dependability that would really push him into the top top keepers in the world.

Top prone to having whole spells of games where he looks average at best
i do want arsenal to get 2nd but i gotta admit this is pretty funny :rolleyes:
We're going to lose today.

Original post by Lúcio

he did the same last season when you beat us in the FA Cup (still hurting) :frown:

Can confirm I have received no notifications about being quoted.
I dont think there has ever been any doubt that at his best hart is a really great keeper..

Its just that he has not really been able to ever find the consistancy and dependability that would really push him into the top top keepers in the world.

Top prone to having whole spells of games where he looks average at best

The game against Barca a while back was probably the best game of his career, but he does sometimes dip considerably.
Original post by Lúcio
i do want arsenal to get 2nd but i gotta admit this is pretty funny :rolleyes:

to be honest, even if they did draw, we still need to beat united for it to matter, which is a whole different ask.. so its not really the end of the world if swansea dont manage to get anything

Latest