The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Romelu's 20th goal of the season.
Original post by Stylo92
Romelu's 20th goal of the season.

Thoughts on Garbutt's omission? It's an odd one. He seems destined for the door.
Original post by Mackay
Thoughts on Garbutt's omission? It's an odd one. He seems destined for the door.

Should have sorted out a deal ages ago; it's Dan Gosling all over again.

Probably played Galloway as a way of seeing if we have an alternative to Garbutt. Who did alright, to be fair.
Original post by Stylo92
Should have sorted out a deal ages ago; it's Dan Gosling all over again.

Probably played Galloway as a way of seeing if we have an alternative to Garbutt. Who did alright, to be fair.

I've read online that Garbutt's agent is a bit of trouble-maker, though. Shame when you see young players badly advised.
Original post by Mackay
With Everton and West Ham both on course to qualify for the Europa League via the fair play table, it'll be interesting to see if there's a red card in the match this weekend.

I heard we got four yellow cards today.
Original post by IdeasForLife
I heard we got four yellow cards today.

No surprises Barry got one. McCarthy, Coleman and Galloway too.
Original post by Mackay
I've read online that Garbutt's agent is a bit of trouble-maker, though. Shame when you see young players badly advised.

Aren't they all.
So how you going to sort out the problem with your bunch of geriatrics with a bunch of kids?

There's not enough players between the 23-26 range so who would you look to sign and what positions are of utmost priority?
iirc Everton stole Garbutt from Leeds.

I like Everton, I hope they come back strong again.
Original post by TornadoGR4
iirc Everton stole Garbutt from Leeds.

I like Everton, I hope they come back strong again.

They'll come back a lot stronger for not having to play in the Europa League imo.

The tournament would start for them on July 2. That's ridiculously early, and would certainly affect their fitness levels in the PL. They can really have a go at the PL top six next year, if they were to focus entirely on the competition and Martinez rediscovers the form which they showed last year.
The Europa League is a lame excuse for poor results in my opinion.

Everton's worst spell in the season was in December/January time if I remember correctly, and during these two months there were no European games.

Trained athletes shouldn't get tired for playing two games a week in my opinion, and if they do then they aren't fit enough.
Original post by James1906

Trained athletes shouldn't get tired for playing two games a week in my opinion, and if they do then they aren't fit enough.

I think it's more the mental aspect of the Europa League. Having to travel to the arse end of Romania for a match on a Thursday night, it must be hard to travel back and get yourself geared up for a Sunday kick-off at Stoke or something.
Martinez overrated. Like Rodgers, he doesn't know how the defensive side of the game works.

Will get sacked after next season when they finish 9/10th again next season.
You desperately need to get Lennon to sign permanently. His career rejuvenation since heading to Goodison has been remarkable. Cleverley looks more and more likely to opt for you lot over Aston Villa, too, and his recent form is promising.
Original post by Zerforax
Martinez overrated. Like Rodgers, he doesn't know how the defensive side of the game works.

Will get sacked after next season when they finish 9/10th again next season.

It's funny how bitter the Liverpoolian gloryhunters get when their team loses. You aren't a big team any more and you don't belong anywhere near the Champions League. Get over and accept it.
Well Martinez has had one good season and one bad season now.

I don't know in which season we saw the REAL Martinez if you know what I'm saying.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
It's funny how bitter the Liverpoolian gloryhunters get when their team loses. You aren't a big team any more and you don't belong anywhere near the Champions League. Get over and accept it.

So bitter that I go off on a tangent..?
Media are focusing a lot on how bad Chelsea were, and not enough focus on how good Everton were yesterday, imo.

Naismith scored a hat-trick against the champions and there's barely a mention on motd. Oh well.
Extremely happy after yesterday

Quick Reply

Latest