The Student Room Group

OCR G542 Psychology Monday 18th May *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natashaellenx
You and me both, hahaha! Just get some revision in today when you can, just do anything, you never know what you could end up remembering when you're actually doing the exam

I've been doing 8 hours a day at the weekends for the past couple of weeks and Nopeee nothing is going in
What would be the answer to? Obviously Freud but I don't know how I would write this one?!

Describe how the developmental approach could explain phobias
Well who will be joining me in resitting this next year because I'm pretty sure it's what I'll have to do 😂
Original post by gemmax6x
What would be the answer to? Obviously Freud but I don't know how I would write this one?!

Describe how the developmental approach could explain phobias

You would say something along the lines of " The developmental approach can explain phobias in terms of a defense mechanism"
Then you would give the example in Freud by stating how he displaced his phobia on his father as he was afraid of castration. You also say that the blinkers and the black bits around the horses mouth represented his fathers glasses and moustach, An answer like this in more detail and referred back to the question should be enough to get the marks. Hope i helped!
They'd never put both psychodynamic and behaviourist in section c in the same paper would they? I cba to learn the perspectives:s-smilie:
Original post by lulumaca16
They'd never put both psychodynamic and behaviourist in section c in the same paper would they? I cba to learn the perspectives:s-smilie:

Doubtful, behaviourist came up in 2014 so I'm sure it won't come up again this time anyway. I'm focusing on psychodynamic out of them two
Original post by Nasir_98
You would say something along the lines of " The developmental approach can explain phobias in terms of a defense mechanism"
Then you would give the example in Freud by stating how he displaced his phobia on his father as he was afraid of castration. You also say that the blinkers and the black bits around the horses mouth represented his fathers glasses and moustach, An answer like this in more detail and referred back to the question should be enough to get the marks. Hope i helped!

This is really helpful thankyou!
Maguire's study has only come up once since January 2009...
If you sign up to memrise.com and search for OCR psychology core studies comes up an its like intensive 3 hours of revision and learning :smile:
first of all, how is thigpen and cleckley a self report ?? like in what ways do they use self report to collect data?????

and also i've got a paper asking "describe how observations was used in your chosen study {MILGRAM}?

HOW would i answer that bc i didn't know milgram was a observation :confused: . please help
oh and also i've got a copy of the 2014 paper if you wanted to ask me for any of the questions that came up last year, i could tell u :smile:
Original post by zinodoll
first of all, how is thigpen and cleckley a self report ?? like in what ways do they use self report to collect data?????

and also i've got a paper asking "describe how observations was used in your chosen study {MILGRAM}?

HOW would i answer that bc i didn't know milgram was a observation :confused: . please help

milgram is a controlled observation
the participants thought it was an experiment
but there was no IV changed therefore it was an observation
oh and also i've got a copy of the 2014 paper if you wanted to ask me for any of the questions that came up last year, i could tell u :smile:

Hey :smile: That would be great! Is there any chance you could post it to this thread? :smile: Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9rzA4Li0ig&index=3&list=PLB54CAC7BC1A0FB97

These videos may help for some people wanting to sum up the main parts of all the studies! Hope this helps. :smile:
[QUOTE=zinodoll;55889671]first of all, how is thigpen and cleckley a self report ?? like in what ways do they use self report to collect data?????

In thigpen and cleckley they conducted interviews with eve which is a self report and in milgram observation was used because the researcher was observing the person who was giving the electric shocks to the learner.

Thigpen is self report from the 100 hours of interviews with Eve, hypnosis and the projective tests (ink blots and human figures)

Observations were used in Milgram by Milgram observing the participants behaviours - emotional responses and he also interviewed participants after the study
What time is it tomorrow?
Can anyone give me a weakness of the developmental approach? I've already go that it lacks ethics because it studies children but I need one more.... :smile:
Reply 138
Original post by natashaellenx
Can anyone give me a weakness of the developmental approach? I've already go that it lacks ethics because it studies children but I need one more.... :smile:

It can be reductionist
Original post by Sebmartin66
It can be reductionist

I'm not allowed to use that one hahah, i'm under strict orders by my teacher to not use it! I have no idea why though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending