The Student Room Group

Am I ugly? Tips on how to improve (be nice but constructive)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Lool if you're ugly....

Work on your confidence and get over your self because you're not ugly at all. It's all in your head :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a guy and I've never cared about looks as much as personality.

Seeing those pictures, I have good news and bad news.

The good news: You are beautiful, literally stunning, in my opinion, you have lovely eyes.

The bad news: That means the problem may lie elsewhere...
Reply 102
You're pretty with and without make up x
Original post by Anonymous

Do these links work any better?

Not ugly

Tips on how to improve, you don't need to, just accept who you are and do whatever you enjoy doing.
Reply 104
How old are you btw?

Oh please, you are definitely NOT ugly. I think you're actually quite pretty, and you don't need to worry about looks anyway. If the guys all around you are "confident and good looking" and you don't feel like you can talk to them, maybe that's just not your type. There are other kinds of guys out there too haha :-P.
I know the quote "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is really cliche and over used, but I genuinely think its true. You'll find that some guys think you're really pretty whereas some may think you're below average. Don't rely on other people to make you feel good about yourself!
Sorry haha, easier said than done, I know.
You don't have to be stunning to be noticed... and who knows, maybe you're just surrounded by the wrong people.
I'm probably really late to this post but had to say something !
Hope you feel better, and about the confidence... It's a mind thing. Fake it till you make it :-)
Keep smiling!
Original post by media10000
She looks better with makeup, all girls do. Obviously you can overdo it but I don't think OP enters that territory.

two words: not trueeeeeeeeeeee.

That is purely your opinion, my dear. do not impose it on others.

have a great day! :-)

p.s I think she looks WAAAY better in the pic where she's smiling. It's the smile that makes the different, in the least cliche way possible.
well, i would tell you what i thought, but i fear im going to get banned for a second time this month.

good luck with your career. whether its in modelling or not.
I've always had low confidence and self esteem. I've never been able to talk to people in general as I'm really shy and quiet. The thing is people (guys included) don't pay attention to me either. I just want to know is it the way I look and how can I improve it? I've always thought I'm ugly and no one has ever told me any different. My dad has told me I have to accept I am. I've got depression so please be nice, I just want advice on how to improve and be like other girls. I've put up two pics, one with makeup and one without./QUOTE]

Getting people to notice you is about way more than attractiveness. A look lasts a second. You want people to be interested in you.
Feeling more confident and attractive will help you grab people's attention, but it won't be down to your physical appearance. And, anyway, you don't want to be surrounded by people who only talk to you to get in your knickers!
Accepting who you are is the first step, but also do things that make you feel confident. Try wearing a lip gloss or go shopping for new clothes (do you wear big or loose clothes? this is a signal to the world that you're hiding in them!). It's not about your outer looks; it's about faking it til you make it. So, yes, if make-up makes you feel more confident then by all means wear it, millions of women do it for this reason.
It doesn't stop there though. You can't be a pretty little wallflower! Try talking more in social situations, going out more, trying new things - all of this will slowly help you!

Also, I looked at both photos you look lovely in both. Make-up is down to personal choice.
(edited 8 years ago)

Damn your hot
Reply 110
Confidence is attractive, the key to being confident is to be able to relax in any given situation. Learn 2 do dat innit.
Thank you, I didn't expect anyone to say without makeup is better. Everyone else wears lots of makeup and it seems standard for girls to wear to look good right now

You shouldn't go by what everyone else does just to fit in. I sometimes go bared faced to college, sometimes i may add a bit of mascara on. If you feel better with makeup then far enough, but if you feel you need to put on makeup to please other people you shouldn't. Btw your beautiful :smile:
You're not ugly.
I don't know what you're worrying about, you're gorgeous 😮 You should have more confidence in your appearance, don't let other people get you down :smile: Also, what brand is that lipstick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've always had low confidence and self esteem. I've never been able to talk to people in general as I'm really shy and quiet. The thing is people (guys included) don't pay attention to me either. I just want to know is it the way I look and how can I improve it? I've always thought I'm ugly and no one has ever told me any different. My dad has told me I have to accept I am. I've got depression so please be nice, I just want advice on how to improve and be like other girls. I've put up two pics, one with makeup and one without.

Ugh. An Asian. Assuming you are bound or restricted by customs and religion, what do you care? :facepalm2:
Reply 115
All the pretty girls think their ugly....YOU'RE BEAUTZ!!!!
Reply 116
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Ugh. An Asian. Assuming you are bound or restricted by customs and religion, what do you care? :facepalm2:

How racist are you? Bloody hell if I said black girls are chavvy (which btw you are proving by your dp, what is that an out of date doughnut on your head?) you would consider that racist right?

Not that I believe black girls are chavvy....just you LOOOLL
#disgrace to women and the black community....disgrace to yourself (that goes without saying tho)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tj789
How racist are you? Bloody hell if I said black girls are chavvy (which btw you are proving by your dp, what is that an out of date doughnut on your head?) you would consider that racist right?

Not that I believe black girls are chavvy....just you LOOOLL
#disgrace to women and the black community....disgrace to yourself (that goes without saying tho)

Thank you for saying something I was about to say :smile:
Original post by Tj789
How racist are you?

What was racist about that? And the fact that your post says it was edited confirms for me that you're trying waaaaay too hard :yawn:

No need to respond: you're going on block. Though I can ignore you perfectly well without it. Just don't wanna see your name pop up :h:

Original post by marsbar3007
Thank you for saying something I was about to say :smile:

:talkhand: look at you guys shoving reps and thumbs up each other's asses :teehee:
Reply 119
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
What was racist about that? And the fact that your post says it was edited confirms for me that you're trying waaaaay too hard :yawn:

No need to respond: you're going on block. Though I can ignore you perfectly well without it. Just don't wanna see your name pop up :h:

:talkhand: look at you guys shoving reps and thumbs up each other's asses :teehee:

Lol I edited? Who looks a little details like that....someones insecure (dont blame you)

Oh and you really where successful in ignoring me this time

Shoving reps in each others arses....because no one will shove something in yours. And I dont think you know quite how this rep system works. Its quite simple even for patheics foolish scum,what it is is that when someone sees a very true comment that they regard as holding value they rep me. I know Britains education is on the downhill but this is just shocking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending