The Student Room Group

WJEC GCE Business Studies Unit 1 (18th May 2015)

Hey Guys,

This forum is for people doing the exam in the title.

So just discuss general stuff about the exam, to start what do you think will most likely come up?

Scroll to see replies

I did this module last year, but i am resitting it to get a better grade overall. Last years BS1 paper was slightly difficult. Hoping it will be easier this year
Original post by ahmed7991
I did this module last year, but i am resitting it to get a better grade overall. Last years BS1 paper was slightly difficult. Hoping it will be easier this year

I'm resitting this module too! I just started revising for it on Friday and I don't think i'll do very well. I got a C last year but I need at least a B. I'm just going to learn the content till 9 and then do about 5 past papers. Just have to hope for the best to be honest :/
I am resitting this too. You guys ready?
Original post by GianluigiBuffon
I'm resitting this module too! I just started revising for it on Friday and I don't think i'll do very well. I got a C last year but I need at least a B. I'm just going to learn the content till 9 and then do about 5 past papers. Just have to hope for the best to be honest :/

I got a C overall but a D in BS1 alone. I need a B overall to get in to Uni. So to secure the B in resitting BS1. I found the paper quite hard last year compared to the past papers, i would say i am ready as i have revised the content better than i did last year
Original post by inspirationhitme
I am resitting this too. You guys ready?

Not really :frown: I've got to revise all of producing goods and services now which is going to take ages. Any predictions? I personally think that location and exogenous shocks will not come up this year. Hopefully stakeholders comes up
I got a C overall but a D in BS1 alone. I need a B overall to get in to Uni. So to secure the B in resitting BS1. I found the paper quite hard last year compared to the past papers, i would say i am ready as i have revised the content better than i did last year

Yeah me too I found BS1 quite difficult because I underestimated business. I was focusing on my other 2 A levels which are chemistry and biology. Hopefully I can somehow get an A in this exam. I'm resitting unit 2 as well because i also got a C in that.
Yeah me too I found BS1 quite difficult because I underestimated business. I was focusing on my other 2 A levels which are chemistry and biology. Hopefully I can somehow get an A in this exam. I'm resitting unit 2 as well because i also got a C in that.

I found Unit 2 easier and was one mark away from a B in BS2 alone :/ i've just got back from work as well so im gonna revise now. Its a good thinf i started revising for this in advance
Not really :frown: I've got to revise all of producing goods and services now which is going to take ages. Any predictions? I personally think that location and exogenous shocks will not come up this year. Hopefully stakeholders comes up

I also think Merit or Public goods may turn up as well. Also as the big marker it could ve Stakeholders, as location was in last years paper. I really hope supple and demand doesnt not turn up again
Anyone got a good definition for Public Goods and Merit Goods?
Also can anyone point out benefits of being vertically, horizontally or Backward intergrated???
Anyone got a good definition for Public Goods and Merit Goods?

Public good: A good or service that is non-excludable and non-rivalry.

Merit good: Goods that are better for people than they realise and they have effects on other people.
I also think Merit or Public goods may turn up as well. Also as the big marker it could ve Stakeholders, as location was in last years paper. I really hope supple and demand doesnt not turn up again

I reckon calculating the Market Share will come up and the big mark question will be why is the secondary sector the most important, or it could be stakeholders.

I got a D in BS1 but a B in BS2 last year :/ I also need a B to get into uni so I'm resitting today too!
Original post by inspirationhitme
I reckon calculating the Market Share will come up and the big mark question will be why is the secondary sector the most important, or it could be stakeholders.

I hope it's not about the secondary sector!! :/

My teacher thinks that anything's that's come up in the last two years won't be there :smile:
Also can anyone point out benefits of being vertically, horizontally or Backward intergrated???

This was in the mark scheme:

Candidates may refer to:• Security of supplies.• Control of suppliers’ prices.• Improves supply chain co-ordination.• Security of distribution outlets.• Control over quality.• Keeps all profit - no middlemen.• Candidates may make distinction between backward and forward verticalintegration.• Speed• Economies of scale–needs to be developed and refer to Zara for level 2/3
I have done so badly in that, I ran out of time. I thought this one the one subject that I had sorted!
Soooo, How did you guys find the exam? Personally i thought it was better than last year. Although the Flow production question put me down. I predicr atleasr a C/B in this paper
The question about decline in Secondary sector was good. Although the question about cuts in the public services had me thinking for a while :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending