The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody know which studies we need to know for abnormality.
Omg lol so stressed
I can only do stress
Social influence and abnormality are 👎

Posted from TSR Mobile
what are the implications for social change of research into social influence?
Dont understand mark scheme or the question really :frown:

Mark scheme says:
Social influence research has suggested that it is minorities and independent behaviour thatbrings about social change (conformity maintains the status quo). For example, a minority canchallenge the beliefs and values of the majority causing them to re-think/re-evaluate theirbeliefs. However, this change can be slow and sometimes the majority does not even knowwhere the ideas originated (eg social crypto-amnesia). It is also possible to show how a singleindividual can bring about considerable social change and candidates could illustrate this byconsidering figures in history. Sometimes it is the personality of the individual, other times it isthe particular aspects of the situation, or it is a combination of these two.NB: There are various routes that candidates may choose in answering this question. Forexample, candidates may have explained how research has brought about socialchange through the use of examples from history to illustrate the underlying theory/explanation or have offered an explanation of how social change has occurred throughusing research (theories and/or studies) only.
Original post by kacheek
Omg lol so stressed
I can only do stress
Social influence and abnormality are ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about you teach me stress...i try and teach you the rest of it? :wink:
Reply 2264
Hi there guys,

Does anyone have any idea what specific topics may come up?! Ive got a feeling that why people obey may come up because it hasnt been a 12 marker before,

Can anyone help?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anybody have evaluation points for REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy) within cognitive treatment?
Original post by yasx_
Can someone explain the explanations of obedience? So gradual commitment, role of buffers, agentic shift and justifying obedience?

BLAG A is the mnemonic here:

B-Buffers
L-Legitimate Authority
A-Agentic Shift
G-Gradual Commitment

A-Allies

All are quite self explanatory reasons for obeying orders I guess, and with a couple of them perhaps understand the effect it had on Milgrams experiment and perhaps it's respective effect on the variations.
Does anyone know loopas question predictions?
Original post by Chembiopsych
Does anyone know loopas question predictions?

Here they are:

www.facebook.com/aqapsychology
(edited 8 years ago)
I only copied it, they're not my predictions:colondollar:
Still very helpful :biggrin:
HELP

12 Mark questions:
on theory/method of something e.g methids of stress management
Is 'Discuss' the same as 'Outline and Evaluate'?????

Like could i outline it and then say for AO2 'supporting evidence blah blah'
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MW-19--
HELP

12 Mark questions:

Is 'Discuss' the same as 'Outline and Evaluate'?????

Like could i outline it and then say for AO2 'supporting evidence blah blah'

Yes:wink:
Anyone feel like making a group chat to revise? I can't revise on my own :frown:
Original post by Animalist
Anyone feel like making a group chat to revise? I can't revise on my own :frown:

On whatsapp?
Original post by lucy112233
Yes:wink:

thank god, i think i read a M/S wrong and wwas like whaaaaat so thought i'd double check
Original post by MW-19--
thank god, i think i read a M/S wrong and wwas like whaaaaat so thought i'd double check

Haha that's ok:colondollar:
Original post by FluorescentM
On whatsapp?

Why not on here ? :biggrin:
Can someone explain the freudian approach - I still don't understand it.

How does fixation occur?
What relationship do the psychosexual stages have to the ID ego and superego

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending