The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
Mine are pretty nice:
5th
8th
9th
11th
18th
22nd
23rd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decent! Lucky you!!
Reply 461
Original post by lionelmessi19
Decent! Lucky you!!

Hahah. Gotta start revising for some though :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hahah. Gotta start revising for some though :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha!! Exactly!! Stop doing maths lol!!!
How are the other subjects going?
Reply 463
Hahaha!! Exactly!! Stop doing maths lol!!!
How are the other subjects going?

History is the worst, so much to revise for such little knowledge to appear on the paper.

Computing is my last exam so I've been a little more relaxed towards that.

I'm gonna prioritise physics and history for the next couple of weeks :smile:

You?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
History is the worst, so much to revise for such little knowledge to appear on the paper.

Computing is my last exam so I've been a little more relaxed towards that.

I'm gonna prioritise physics and history for the next couple of weeks :smile:

You?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! Lots to do man!!
Economics is my worst! So much to learn. and my teacher doesn't really help either :frown:
Accounting is easy! lol! Apart from learning and practising the written questions is tough
Maths is decent! Just got to keep doing past papers :wink:
Reply 465
Wow! Lots to do man!!
Economics is my worst! So much to learn. and my teacher doesn't really help either :frown:
Accounting is easy! lol! Apart from learning and practising the written questions is tough
Maths is decent! Just got to keep doing past papers :wink:

Sounds like we both have our work cut out aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone recommend any good past paper questions to do that would be good practise for the new style of harder questions we saw in core 4 last year?
Reply 467
Original post by Mr_Cupcakes
Can anyone recommend any good past paper questions to do that would be good practise for the new style of harder questions we saw in core 4 last year?

The 2013 and 2014 papers are probably the best style AQA-wise. Otherwise Solomon papers recently are good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hey! I tend to do a maths paper of a single module daily, and alternate every three days. So C3 one day, C4 the next, M2 the next then back to C3.

How do you do it?

I'm up to June 2011 now for C3, C4 and M2 (although I've done all C3/C4 papers already, just doing them again).

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats really good, t. I had a c1 retake so i went off on a tangent on that.. but before that I tried doing something similar to you although I have 4 more maths exams left:redface:...
as well as my other subs
Reply 469
Original post by madmenace
thats really good, t. I had a c1 retake so i went off on a tangent on that.. but before that I tried doing something similar to you although I have 4 more maths exams left:redface:...
as well as my other subs

Oh nice! What subject(s) do you do besides Maths (and Further Maths?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
The 2013 and 2014 papers are probably the best style AQA-wise. Otherwise Solomon papers recently are good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool, which solomon papers would you reccomend, OCR or Edexcel as there aren't any AQA ones.

Found these Gold edexcel questions which people may want to do if they're running out of questions!
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c4-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/
Reply 471
Original post by Mr_Cupcakes
Ah cool, which solomon papers would you reccomend, OCR or Edexcel as there aren't any AQA ones.

Found these Gold edexcel questions which people may want to do if they're running out of questions!
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c4-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/

I tend to recommend Edexcel as they're closest to AQA in terms of board content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 472
Does anyone have the
Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII that wouldn't mind giving me a brief tutorial on the main functions it can carry out, relevant for C3 / C4 / M2? :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431967894.035824.jpg
Original post by CD223
Does anyone have the
Casio Graphics Calculator FX-9750GII that wouldn't mind giving me a brief tutorial on the main functions it can carry out, relevant for C3 / C4 / M2? :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431967894.035824.jpg

I was thinking of buying this earlier in the year but heard its a real mission to learn how to operate it, instead im getting the one that integrates for you as it should be straight forward to use with only 2 and a bit weeks till c3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 474
Original post by Waz96
I was thinking of buying this earlier in the year but heard its a real mission to learn how to operate it, instead im getting the one that integrates for you as it should be straight forward to use with only 2 and a bit weeks till c3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decent! Yeah I put yesterday evening aside to learn how to use it. Fairly confident with it now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah sorry of course yes.

The tangent at B is meant to read:

[br]3y4x+12=0[br][br]3y - 4x + 12 = 0[br]

This gives:

[br]P=(1,163)[br][br]P = \left(-1, -\dfrac{16}{3}\right)[br]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

sorry for late reply. I didn't revise c4 since then due to physics exam today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
can somebody explain how you get sinx=0 in 6a)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 477
Original post by the_googly
Thanks!

sorry for late reply. I didn't revise c4 since then due to physics exam today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! How was physics?

What topics do you find hardest on C3/4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 478
Original post by the_googly
can somebody explain how you get sinx=0 in 6a)

Posted from TSR Mobile

[br]10sinθcosθ8sinθ=0[br][br]10\sin\theta\cos\theta - 8\sin\theta = 0[br]

[br]sinθ(10cosθ8)=0[br][br]\sin\theta\left(10\cos\theta - 8\right) = 0[br]

[br]sinθ=0[br]OR[br][br]cosθ=45[br][br]\Rightarrow \sin\theta = 0[br]OR[br][br]\cos\theta=\dfrac{4}{5}[br]

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've literally done every single C3 and C4 exam questions so hopefully the examiners reuse certain questions to make the exam easier

Quick Reply

Latest