The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology Modules 1,2,3 20th May 15

Is anyone else doing this exam on Wednesday? I feel like I know all the content but then I do a past paper and then I struggle... The questions ask you to apply your knowledge which I find difficult😥 I really would like an A or A* so if anyone has an revision tips or tips for answering the q to help me achieve the high grades I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
Reply 1
Hiim doing that exam aswel and im alal scared aswell but we will do fine just rwvise the information, also make yourself familar with the markscheme to see what the examinars want, For example Whats does the hypothalumus do, it mointors blood temperature, the markscheme says
Reply 2
Thank you! I'm sure you will do really well too The hypothalamus gland is in the brain which monitors temperature and then adapts the body's temp = vasoconstriction or vasodilation. Also does anyone know what the grade boundaries are for an a/a* if you got 47/48 in coursework?
Reply 3
I'm doing c1 p1 n b1 on Wednesday... Chemistry I'm the worst at atm so revising a lot of that
And isn't the coursework out of 48? Cuz that's how ours was so def a*
Good luck everyone
Reply 4
Original post by veganavb
I'm doing c1 p1 n b1 on Wednesday... Chemistry I'm the worst at atm so revising a lot of that
And isn't the coursework out of 48? Cuz that's how ours was so def a*
Good luck everyone

Good luck! I did chemistry and physics last year as doing triple sci and i hated chem too! Im sure you will do really well!
Reply 5
Thanks its my first science and then i have the 2s on the fifth grrr haha good luck
Reply 6
i'm so nervous, I hate the 6 mark quality of written response questions!
Original post by sashbash
Thank you! I'm sure you will do really well too������ The hypothalamus gland is in the brain which monitors temperature and then adapts the body's temp = vasoconstriction or vasodilation. Also does anyone know what the grade boundaries are for an a/a* if you got 47/48 in coursework?

I received the same mark (Missed a mark for doing my graph scaling slightly incorrect- still annoyed) it is an A* as I think 42 onwards is an a*
Reply 8
Yeah same i just go on and on bout random stuff but i need to learn to think before i write !
Reply 9
How did you find it😄 i thought it was pretty good and the 6 markers were good yet im not sure what we were meant to write?
Yeah i know ! Like the physics n chemistry 6markers n a few other qs i messed up on but b1 was a breeze.. Cant really cange anything now though!
I checked in my revision guide afterwards and they just missed out whole pages like synapses which i revised a lot
Reply 11
I think the exam was pretty easy, and I'm one to struggle with biology. I hated the last page though when it asked about ATP and the DNA. Overall I think I got a B hopefully, but I'm dreading B4, B5 and B6 'cus my teacher still hasn't taught us B6 and we've already broken up for study leave. >_<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending