Reply 9420
Original post by Bude8
HL Maths
HL Chem
HL Phys
SL Latin
SL English
SL Economics

My final exam is a calculus paper :smile: Nothing too exciting really, just chilling before uni :cool:

Oh right makes sense now. :yep: what will you be doing at uni? Broad range of subjects there so couldn't hazard s guess as to what it may be.
Original post by 8472
Oh right makes sense now. :yep: what will you be doing at uni? Broad range of subjects there so couldn't hazard s guess as to what it may be.

Chemical Engineering, what about you?
Original post by Bude8
HL Maths
HL Chem
HL Phys
SL Latin
SL English
SL Economics

My final exam is a calculus paper :smile: Nothing too exciting really, just chilling before uni :cool:

Not fair! I have AH Maths on Wednesday and AH French on Friday still.

Not looking forward to the 3 hour AH Maths exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm gonna fail FP2 sooooo hard
I reckon I'll get around 15-20 marks out of the 75 lmao
Original post by rachelc142
I'm gonna fail FP2 sooooo hard
I reckon I'll get around 15-20 marks out of the 75 lmao

You'll be fine! What do you find hard in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
You'll be fine! What do you find hard in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So basically
the only stuff I 100% understand:
first and second order DEs, method of differences, de moivre, Taylor expansion from DEs
stuff I kinda understand and can get most of the marks on on a question but a tricky question throws me off:
inequalities (idek why), solving complex equations/roots of unity, loci in the complex plane
stuff that baffles me: complex transformations, polar coordinates
Posted from TSR Mobile
So basically
first and second order DEs, method of differences, de moivre, Taylor expansion from DEs
stuff I kinda understand and can get most of the marks on on a question but a tricky question throws me off:
inequalities (idek why), solving complex equations/roots of unity, loci in the complex plane
Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here. My marks on past papers have been all over the place.
Ugh. Leaver's do last night. I drank too much, let it be said. It was fun and all, but I feel pretty ill now. I don't understand why alcohol is so popular - it's a poison and it feels like it. I felt very euphoric and laughed a lot, but the lack of control shows that it's not great for you. I think I'll stick to illegal, non-toxic drugs for now... :I
So basically
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, yeah complex numbers can be pretty tricky!

Loci aren't too bad if you just remember the formula to get that line and the gradient. Roots of unity you just cycle through k = 0,1,2,3 etc. until you get back to the beginning.

I'm sure you'll be great anyway, no need to fret too much.
So yesterday I completed my first exam (AS resit). I used three extra booklets (4 page each,) but at the end I wasn't sure what number to put concerning the number of booklets I had used (i.e. was it 3 (excl. My original 12 page booklet) or 4 (inc. My original 12 page booklet) or WHERE to put it there was a box on each page asking this.

But the invigilator collecting my paper said to 'Leave that' but I'm very sure she was confused looking and wasn't sure what she was doing as in my past, an invigilator has instructed me on where to write this number.

So now I'm worried that OCR won't see/know about those extra sheets (I tucked them all in in order inside my main answer booklet however)....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, yeah complex numbers can be pretty tricky!

Loci aren't too bad if you just remember the formula to get that line and the gradient. Roots of unity you just cycle through k = 0,1,2,3 etc. until you get back to the beginning.

I'm sure you'll be great anyway, no need to fret too much.

Thanks man just trying to basically teach a lot of it to myself cos my main fp2 teacher is pretty **** ;-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is further maths so difficult? T_T *cries for the rest of life*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_
Why is further maths so difficult? T_T *cries for the rest of life*

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you get it chopped into modules, we just have to remember EVERYTHING in a 3 hour exam.

But yeah, I feel your pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least you get it chopped into modules, we just have to remember EVERYTHING in a 3 hour exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same for CIE Further Maths A level :frown:
One 3 hour paper w/ all FP
Another 3 hour paper w/ all Applied Modules
I feel your pain

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah a 3 hour exam doesn't exactly seem nice. :/ The algebra gets ridiculous sometimes though
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Same for CIE Further Maths A level :frown:
One 3 hour paper w/ all FP
Another 3 hour paper w/ all Applied Modules
I feel your pain

In Scotland, we have a Pure Maths Advanced Higher and then the option to do either Applied Maths: Stats or Applied Maths: Mechanics (also 3 hours).

Life is a struggle, eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In Scotland, we have a Pure Maths Advanced Higher and then the option to do either Applied Maths: Stats or Applied Maths: Mechanics (also 3 hours).Life is a struggle, eh?Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally
Does anyone know how to do the last question in this paper? http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/144772-question-paper-unit-f334-01-chemistry-of-materials.pdf

Im so stuck :frown:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
¡Buena suerte! Yo tengo el mío mañana por la mañana.

¿Qué libro/película haces para el examen oral?

I've literally only just seen this I'm sorry! I studied La Lengua de Las Mariposas! I hope yours went well! :-)
Original post by radhikagulati
Does anyone know how to do the last question in this paper? http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/144772-question-paper-unit-f334-01-chemistry-of-materials.pdf

Im so stuck :frown:

Do you mean the last part or the entire 31 mark question?

Latest