The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Animalist
Anyone feel like making a group chat to revise? I can't revise on my own :frown:

I would on here. That will be awesome
Anyone feel like making a group chat to revise? I can't revise on my own :frown:

Im down aha. 😂😂😭😭📚📔📓📒
dentify IV and DV [2] D,A

Outline multi-store model [6] Duration, capacity, encoding of STM +LTM

Two limitations of multi store model [4] patient K.F verbal stm impaired, visual stm ok

Baddley dual task proves msm is not unitary

Outline research into anxiety on EWT (including what participants did and findings) [6] weapon focus effect loftus >> man with blood vs man with grease on his hands

Limitation of anxiety on EWT [2] ethical>> causes distress

Cognitive interview (knife attack) [4] context reinstatement, recall everything, reverse order, alternative view

Directional hypothesis [2] the group which is taught the memory improvement strategy will recall more correct items from the list of 10 than the group which is not taught the memory improvement strategy

Outline memory improvement strategy [2] method of loci

Strengths/limitations for case studies [4] non reoresentative>> cant generalise

Influentialich qualitative data

Pilot study [4]

Standaridisenstrctuins, timing, if photos are suitabke, if memory strategy is approproate

ATTACHMENT

Define secure attachment [2]parent ia used as safe base to explore, high seperation protest, stranger anxiety and happy at reuinon

Strength of the strange situation [2] lab study >controlled> replicate

Difference between insecure-avoidant and insecure-resistant in SS [4] avoidant doesnt care no stranger anxiety no sepration protest resistant =ambivalent high stranger anxiety and seoeration protest

Findings into cultural variations of attachment [4] van ijzendoorn kroonwnberg more variation within than between, japan=high resiatnce moatky secure all over the world, etc

How to conduct a random sample [2] names>paper>hat>pick 10 or random number generator

Why random sample is better than volunteer sample [2] is kess biased/subjective as volunteers may have motive for wanting to participate

Explain how mother would show demand characteristics in SS [2] social desirabikity bias, more care

BPS guidelines - ethical issues of strange situation [6]debrief= tell them resukts,aims od study and what it all means

Condidentitality keep ppts private deception, dont dexieve, withdrawal ket them withdraw if its too distressing

Outline and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment [12. SoMAGIC Ao2 lorenz, hazan shaver love quiz, schaffer and emmerson, hodges and tixard, lamb, ][/QUOTE

there u go unofficial MS for Psych 1
Original post by lucy112233
Why not on here ? :biggrin:

Well they said group chat so I was just asking if they meant whatsapp :smile:

I guess it's quicker to message on a messaging app but I'm not the one who wants to make one :biggrin:
I mean on another platform since I don't know how to work that out on here. Someone could arrange it? :smile:
someone help me with Holmes and Rahe SRRS what is it about and how is it linked to sources of stress?
I mean on another platform since I don't know how to work that out on here. Someone could arrange it? :smile:

What do you mean on another platform? :smile:
What would one write to recieve 12 marks on a question relating to stress related illness and the immune system?
Can I talk about resisting conformity and disobeying using Milgram and Asch for independent behavior essay?
pls help :frown:
Original post by yasx_
Can someone explain the explanations of obedience? So gradual commitment, role of buffers, agentic shift and justifying obedience?

role of buffers - when participants couldn't see the person getting shocked(the person was in another room) in milgram's experiement they were more inclined to step up the voltage compared to when they were in the room and they were reluctuant to step up the voltage so obedience fell....

justifying obedience - participants were more likely to increase the voltage/continue the experiement when the experiementer said "the experiement requires you to continue" this made participants feel like they were serving some sort of "greater good" and this made them obey.

Agentic Shift is easy as pie - people are normally in an autonumous state(we are mostly independent,we make our own choices etc.) however when in the presence of an authority figure we shift to an agentic state due to the fact that we believe the person is a legitamate authority.

Gradual commitment - the participants in milgrams experiement started off small and gradually increased voltage so they thought it wasn't that bad for the person getting shocked.This caused them to obey compared to if they were asked to start at 450vs(the highest voltage i think) this would have caused alot of people to instantly say no...

Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by FluorescentM
What do you mean on another platform? :smile:

For example kik, whatsapp, Skype etc :smile:
Original post by Micxael
Can I talk about resisting conformity and disobeying using Milgram and Asch for independent behavior essay?

Yes you can! And you can talk about locus of control:biggrin:
Original post by studentwiz
someone help me with Holmes and Rahe SRRS what is it about and how is it linked to sources of stress?

So Holmes and Rahe devised the SRRS (social readjustment rating scale) which is a list of 43 life events from a scale of 0-100 depending on how much readjustment they require. They asked 400 ppts to numerically rate life events such as death of spouse, marriage, fired from work etc. They used these to calculate a life change unit (LCU) for each event between 0-100. 100 being death of spouse for example.
The scale suggests that people with a LCU of 200-300 (when adding up all their life events) have a 50% chance of becoming ill (stress related illness) and those with a LCU of 300+ have an 80% chance of becoming ill :smile:
Reply 2293

I'm down! But how would we do it? On tinychat or something?
Original post by Chembiopsych
What would one write to recieve 12 marks on a question relating to stress related illness and the immune system?

Kiecolt glaser study and Cohen study and then evaluate :biggrin:
Original post by Micxael

yeeeeeep. You can say the people who resisted most likely had high locus of control and then you can use other explanations toooo
Original post by Micxael

yeah you also have to outline the features of an independent person e.g. internal locus of controlbut you use diff variations e.g.

Asch - when they were in the presence of allies conformity went down
Milgram - run down office -conformity went down

for supporting research use Oliner and Oliner....which basically found that germans who hid jews instead of turning them in had a high level of social responsibilty which caused them to have independent behaviour.
For example kik, whatsapp, Skype etc :smile:

Idm making a whatsapp group if people want to pm me their numbers?

I can delete the group tomorrow after we discuss the exam :smile:

I dont have kik or skype though
Let's just all revise here together!!:grouphugs::grouphugs:
Original post by Troytheboy
Can someone explain the freudian approach - I still don't understand it.

How does fixation occur?
What relationship do the psychosexual stages have to the ID ego and superego

Freud was associated with the psychodynamic model which perceives abnormalities to be caused by unconscious, unresolved childhood traumas.

Freud saw personality as consisting of three parts: the ego, id and super-ego. The ego attempts to balance the id's desire for immefiate gratification and the super ego's need for constant morality. When this balance is not achieved, anxiety occurs.

The ego uses defence mechanisms to deal with anxiety such as represion, displacement, projection, denial and regression

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending