The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FluorescentM
Idm making a whatsapp group if people want to pm me their numbers?

I can delete the group tomorrow after we discuss the exam :smile:

I dont have kik or skype though

Okay we'll do that then! I'll pm you in like 10 mins :smile:
Original post by yasx_
I'm down! But how would we do it? On tinychat or something?

Pm FluorescentM :smile:
Original post by lucy112233
Yes you can! And you can talk about locus of control:biggrin:

Life saver :biggrin:
What are the predictions for the 12 markers please??
is the psycho dynamic approach to psychopathology or anything to do with freud likely to come up? is so, what should i revise in the area?
Original post by FluorescentM
So Holmes and Rahe devised the SRRS (social readjustment rating scale) which is a list of 43 life events from a scale of 0-100 depending on how much readjustment they require. They asked 400 ppts to numerically rate life events such as death of spouse, marriage, fired from work etc. They used these to calculate a life change unit (LCU) for each event between 0-100. 100 being death of spouse for example.
The scale suggests that people with a LCU of 200-300 (when adding up all their life events) have a 50% chance of becoming ill (stress related illness) and those with a LCU of 300+ have an 80% chance of becoming ill :smile:

omg thank you! any a02 points with that?
Original post by Micxael
Life saver :biggrin:

No problem!:laugh:
Original post by undine_monty
Freud was associated with the psychodynamic model which perceives abnormalities to be caused by unconscious, unresolved childhood traumas.

Freud saw personality as consisting of three parts: the ego, id and super-ego. The ego attempts to balance the id's desire for immefiate gratification and the super ego's need for constant morality. When this balance is not achieved, anxiety occurs.

The ego uses defence mechanisms to deal with anxiety such as represion, displacement, projection, denial and regression

Thanks I understand that but I don't understand how psychosexual stages are relevant? And the fixation term im throwing about in the right places but how does fixation actually occur?
I've made the whatsapp group if anyone else wants to join pm me numbers :smile:
Original post by Troytheboy
Can someone explain the freudian approach - I still don't understand it.

How does fixation occur?
What relationship do the psychosexual stages have to the ID ego and superego

Psychodynamic Approach

- There's internal conflict between the Id,Ego and Superego
- If we have too much or too little of the psychosexual stages fixation occurs e.g. if your mother doesnt breastfeed you enough in the future Freud thought that you would have become Fixated and start sucking stuff(something like that I think)

Thats all i really know...
Do they ever ask anything on stress related illness (CHD)? I've never seen them do it
Classical conditioning is learning through association so operant conditioning is learning through...? :smile:
Can anyone summarise REBT and its evaluations for me please would be greatly appreciated
Original post by Troytheboy
Thanks I understand that but I don't understand how psychosexual stages are relevant? And the fixation term im throwing about in the right places but how does fixation actually occur?

I didn't answer those questions because I don't know what they are :tongue:

My revision guide doesn't have anything on that. Could you have meant with 'psychosexual stages' the way sexual fetishes occur?
Is anyone actually ready for Unit 2? I know im not
Original post by studentwiz
omg thank you! any a02 points with that?

The SRRS is a questionnaire so you can state weaknesses/strengths of a questionnaire - ethical way, no researcher needs to be present etc.

Individual differences - on how events are interpreted e.g. Some events on the SRRS can be positive for some people but negative for others such as divorce.

From the 400ppts there is likely to be sampling bias due to the likely respondents of questionnaires within the population.

Hope this helps! :smile:
do we need to know about the behavoural approach in detail?
Original post by Micxael
Classical conditioning is learning through association so operant conditioning is learning through...? :smile:

reinforcement but thats unit 1 not unit 2 (which is tomorrow)
Original post by Micxael

Positive reinforcement (rewards) or punishment :biggrin:
What's the likelihood that social influence/independent behaviour will be a 12 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending