The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chembiopsych
Is anyone else retaking unit 2 and is therefore also doing units 3 and 4?

I am!! feel very unprepared for unit 2 as i do for unit 3 and 4. but we still have time for 3 and 4
Original post by JaivfromONM
Guys could Asch's study be used to talk about minority influence? and would Moscovici et al be considered a variation of Asch's study?

No Asch was majority influence because there were more confederates than participants, Moscovici is not a variation of Asch's study - to be a variation Asch has to carry it out for example he carried out the experience,net in a run down building and found less people conformed
Hope this helps not sure if I am right:biggrin:
What do you think the 12 mark questions is likely to be on this time??
Original post by SunDun111
The cognitive approach assumes that our irrational thoughts are the reason for abnormality. It was later looked upon by Ellis who developed the ABC model. The A is the activating process. The B is the belief that is either rational or irrational and the C is the consequence which is rational or irrational. For example the A could be a dog. The B could be to be rational and think it's cute or be irrational and think it will kill you. The C is to actually run away which is irrational or to go over and strike the dog. Beck de keeps the cognitive triad which he suggested is what people who are depressed think. The first part is negative thoughts about yourself e.g. You hate yourself, negative thoughts about everyone e.g. Everyone hates me and negative thoughts about the world e.g. The world hates me. The cognitive approach assumes that this is all a way of thinking and that it is possible to simply cure abnormality by not thinking in a certain way and being rational... Correct me if I'm wrong just learned it today

That sounds good, I compared it to the text book. Is cognitive only just Beck's negative triad and Ellis ABC model?
Original post by undine_monty
Pfff me, not really. I only started cramming today. I've had 2 days and a half off with no exams and I started properly revising today. Im unbelievable :frown:

I had a week..vaguely started on Friday..cramming today:s-smilie:
Original post by thatblackguy
Oh thank you:smile:, do you know anything about the procedure for A01?

Whoa er
1) developing a good relationship - it is important they have mutual trust and respect as later the psychologist will end up having arguments with the clients to challenge their thoughts lol

2) Identifying negative thoughts - client encouraged to keep a diary and record all the bad, bad thoughts in their heads :angry:.

3) Reviewing the diary, monitoring and challenging the thoughts - (arguing time) therapist now challenges the results. The argument is strong so it is heated. They argue until the client loses (literally) and they admit they're thinking wrong so they change.
someone please remind me of the social learning theory plz :smile:
Luckily we also have the tommorow morning to revise as well as tonight. Im just gonna learn everything as fully as I can tonight then in the morning, test my recall

Ive got an Economics and Business exam tomorrow at 9 and psycho at 1.50..havn't even studied for eco and business 'cause Ive been focusing on psycho..considering pulling an all nighter..
and what do we think the 12 marker is going to be?
Minority influence essay plan

AO1:
Drawing attention to the issue
Augmentation principle
Consistency
Moscovici's study

AO2:
Suffragettes
Criticism of suffragettes AO2: child of its time? Different society in 1900s compared to today
Moscovici is a lab study
Moscovici's study is endrocentric

Really hope this comes up tomorrow :frown:
Original post by KeeKee-Original
Ive got an Economics and Business exam tomorrow at 9 and psycho at 1.50..havn't even studied for eco and business 'cause Ive been focusing on psycho..considering pulling an all nighter..

i have literally done the same thing i havent looked at my business book
Original post by KeeKee-Original

I forgot some people have exams in the morning. Don't pull an all nighter. You'll be falling asleep in your exam. Get at least 4 hours sleep.
Anyone else who wants to join the whatsapp group pm numbers :smile:
Original post by Micxael
Whoa er
1) developing a good relationship - it is important they have mutual trust and respect as later the psychologist will end up having arguments with the clients to challenge their thoughts lol

2) Identifying negative thoughts - client encouraged to keep a diary and record all the bad, bad thoughts in their heads :angry:.

3) Reviewing the diary, monitoring and challenging the thoughts - (arguing time) therapist now challenges the results. The argument is strong so it is heated. They argue until the client loses (literally) and they admit they're thinking wrong so they change.

Thank you kind sir!
Original post by studentwiz
That sounds good, I compared it to the text book. Is cognitive only just Beck's negative triad and Ellis ABC model?

This is what I found in my psychopathology booklet, I hope it's enuf to get six marks.
Original post by FluorescentM
Anyone else who wants to join the whatsapp group pm numbers :smile:

It does sound quite appealing haha..
Original post by SunDun111
This is what I found in my psychopathology booklet, I hope it's enuf to get six marks.

:smile: what types of CBT therapies are there??
Original post by Oiseaux
Minority influence essay plan

AO1:
Drawing attention to the issue
Augmentation principle
Consistency
Moscovici's study

AO2:
Suffragettes
Criticism of suffragettes AO2: child of its time? Different society in 1900s compared to today
Moscovici is a lab study
Moscovici's study is endrocentric

Really hope this comes up tomorrow :frown:

Would it be possible for you to outline it fully.. I haven't learned it
I forgot some people have exams in the morning. Don't pull an all nighter. You'll be falling asleep in your exam. Get at least 4 hours sleep.

:u::u: hahaha thanks for the advice..but I still think ima have to crash late
Original post by studentwiz

Could you return the favour and do one for the behavioural approaches it would be very appreciated haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending