The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Higher Tier- 18th May 2015

Who has got the lit exam tomorrow?

Which character do you expect it to be?

How do I revise for it and remember the quotes?

How do you structure the intro, PDEAs and conclusion? (For example what do I need to include in each of these)

Thanks very much! Any responses would be greatly appreciated!
The play we're doing is 'A View From The Bridge'.
Reply 2
I'm doing OMAM and AIC. You don't need an intro and get no marks. Also, you don't want to make a long intro that will make the marker think you don't know what you get marks for.

I would just refer to the question quickly if anything e.g. Steinbeck uses various methods when presenting the theme of isolation.

Then I would dive into my first point e.g. Steinbeck uses dialogue to present the idea of isolation...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chrmndr
I'm doing OMAM and AIC. You don't need an intro and get no marks. Also, you don't want to make a long intro that will make the marker think you don't know what you get marks for.

I would just refer to the question quickly if anything e.g. Steinbeck uses various methods when presenting the theme of isolation.

Then I would dive into my first point e.g. Steinbeck uses dialogue to present the idea of isolation...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much! Do you have any ideas/tips for the unseen poetry question?
Anyone doing the crucible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watch Mr Bruff on YouTube. He has analysed all of OMAM and AIC in detail. Very useful
Original post by StressedGuy
Watch Mr Bruff on YouTube. He has analysed all of OMAM and AIC in detail. Very useful

Sorry, what is OMAM and AIC?
I have heard from several sources that it is likely the character for tomorrow in OMAM could be Curley. This is because he has never come up before in any exams (after looking through the AQA past papers myself).

If it does so happen to him I will be referring to the social historical context as white men being very dominant during the time where prejudice was very common.

Hope this helps!
Does anyone know if I am allowed to take my own AVFTB book into school? If so, can I fold pages?
Bump
Reply 10
Original post by TheBusinessMan
Who has got the lit exam tomorrow?

Which character do you expect it to be?

How do I revise for it and remember the quotes?

How do you structure the intro, PDEAs and conclusion? (For example what do I need to include in each of these)

Thanks very much! Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Which texts are you doing? :biggrin:
I'd highly recommend helpmemrdavies for AIC and LOtF. The only revision I did for my English Lit GCSE was watching his videos the night before, and I ended up with an A*. He's very good :smile:
I'm doing TKAM and AIC and have no clue what to expect!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Phenula
Which texts are you doing? :biggrin:

A view from the bridge and an unseen poem :smile:
Original post by StarvingAutist
I'd highly recommend helpmemrdavies for AIC and LOtF. The only revision I did for my English Lit GCSE was watching his videos the night before, and I ended up with an A*. He's very good :smile:

Thanks for the suggestion!
Can I bring it into exams??? PLEASE HELP!!
i have go it tomorrow as-wel, and ether Slim or Curley i don't think it will be crooks because it was last year, i am going over them in my head. I wouldn't spend too much time on the intro just get straight onto explaining the quotes
Original post by TheBusinessMan
Thanks very much! Do you have any ideas/tips for the unseen poetry question?

Named poets for Unit 2 Section B:

William Blake

John Keats

Thomas Hardy

Christina Rossetti

W. H. Auden

Robert Frost

Wilfred Owen

Dorothy Parker

Maya Angelou

Wendy Cope

Tony Harrison

Jo Shapcott

Sophie Hannah

Owen Sheers

Brian Patten

AO1 respond to texts critically and imaginatively; select and evaluate relevant textual detail to illustrate and support interpretations. AO2 explain how language, structure and form contribute to writers’ presentation of ideas, themes and settings.
Just wondering, when answering section B should I answer both part A and B in the same essay or write two separate ones for each individual question?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MrZombieHugz
Just wondering, when answering section B should I answer both part A and B in the same essay or write two separate ones for each individual question?

I would answer part a and b separately.

But you don't have to apparently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending