The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2015

Does anyone have any predictions for the essay questions or topics that may come up in this year's writing section of the Spanish exam.

I'm dreading this part of doing a language A-Level so much :s-smilie:

Thanks x

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE
I've been looking at all of the past papers (June 2010 - June 2014) and the essay questions that have come up and made a list.

I've realised that Advertising will be likely coming up as it is the topic that we haven't had since June 2010 and also Friendships because that hasn't come up at all during that period of time.

What do you guys think??
maybe sports/healthy lifestyle?
I'm also dreading this part of the exam, what are your tips? :smile:
Original post by henriettakate

Yeah I noticed that so probably something about extreme sports or health issues eg. smoking or obesity

Also what I think is important is to PLAN!!!!!
Structure your essay so that it is related to the question and so you don't go off topic

Eg Positives vs Negatives, Advantages vs. Disadvantages, For vs. Against is usually what we have to include in our essays

Also try to sneak in as many grammar techniques as you can especially subjunctive, eg. have certain phrases before the exam that you know you can use for whatever topic comes up eg. set phrases like digan lo que digan.

My personal struggle is to avoid repetition so I need to make sure that when I plan I avoid the use of certain phrases and ideas over and over again - make a list of what you're going to include in each section/paragraph.My teacher also said to leave the writing section until the end as sometimes the listening and reading my help you with what to write in your essay.GOOD LUCK TO ALL PEEPS DOING SPANISH :smile:
I think Holidays may come up as well?
Original post by Hol_Victoria
I think Holidays may come up as well?

Yeah holidays haven't come up since June 2011
Reply 6
Original post by henriettakate

I did the exam last year and I'm resitting this year. The essays are easy once you get your head round them, although grammar and language structure is important as long as you constantly refer back to the question and show the examiner why every point you make is relevant they have to score you in the top band. Structure your essay, intro, for, against and a conclusion. Try and throw a subjunctive in there and you should do fab whatever the essay title. Good luck!!!
Reply 7
Original post by madnessismything
Yeah I noticed that so probably something about extreme sports or health issues eg. smoking or obesity

Also what I think is important is to PLAN!!!!!
Structure your essay so that it is related to the question and so you don't go off topic

Eg Positives vs Negatives, Advantages vs. Disadvantages, For vs. Against is usually what we have to include in our essays

Also try to sneak in as many grammar techniques as you can especially subjunctive, eg. have certain phrases before the exam that you know you can use for whatever topic comes up eg. set phrases like digan lo que digan.

My personal struggle is to avoid repetition so I need to make sure that when I plan I avoid the use of certain phrases and ideas over and over again - make a list of what you're going to include in each section/paragraph.My teacher also said to leave the writing section until the end as sometimes the listening and reading my help you with what to write in your essay.GOOD LUCK TO ALL PEEPS DOING SPANISH :smile:

is digan que lo digan not a bit too informal?
Reply 8
So we think: advertising, holidays and friendship will come up??
What kind of question do you guys think could be asked about Friendship? :smile:

LOL imagine if it was 'for and against friendships' - 'bros over hoes' :tongue:
Original post by calebwm
is digan que lo digan not a bit too informal?

I've used it previous essay practice with my teachers and they have not mentioned it to be informal. Here are some other set phrases though:
sea como sea - be that as it may
pase lo que pase - whatever may happen

Also good way sneak in subjunctive is just to make the sentence negative eg. instead of creo que es... use no creo que sea...
Original post by SSD07
So we think: advertising, holidays and friendship will come up??

Yeah I reckon but imagine if none of those turned up :frown::frown:

Original post by JustHolly
What kind of question do you guys think could be asked about Friendship? :smile:

LOL imagine if it was 'for and against friendships' - 'bros over hoes' :tongue:

Hahaha can you imagine :toofunny:
Original post by polly145
I did the exam last year and I'm resitting this year. The essays are easy once you get your head round them, although grammar and language structure is important as long as you constantly refer back to the question and show the examiner why every point you make is relevant they have to score you in the top band. Structure your essay, intro, for, against and a conclusion. Try and throw a subjunctive in there and you should do fab whatever the essay title. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the advice :smile:
I was having a discussion with my teacher earlier and apparently there are certain topics that examiners are likely to avoid because they are a bit 'dry' - She said that one of these might be holidays but it is definitely worth revising anyway! Cinema or TV havent come up that recently either but I'm really hoping for a publicity question! Also as someone who is re-sitting the exam this year, just to boost up my mark a bit, I would say that it is so so important to put personal experience and opinion in there. Excite the examiners and make them remember your essay!!
Reply 14
Do we have to take earphones into the exam for the listening part?
Original post by kborge
Do we have to take earphones into the exam for the listening part?

The school usually gives the candidates headphones to use
Yeah, your school should give them to you but last year there was a problem with all of the headphones in my school so our exam was 45 minutes late! So perhaps it is best to take your own just in case!!!
Original post by madnessismything
The school usually gives the candidates headphones to use
Reply 17
does anyone have the june 2011 mark scheme? pleaseeee?
What grammar structures could you use for the topic of advertising
I don't think tv is likely to come up as it has come up quite a few times already. I agree with the predictions on advertising, sport and holiday (maybe tourism?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending