The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature To Kill A Mockingbird Predictions 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by FlakeFace
Yes thats no a character is it. Its relating to the theme of prejudice and innocence, yes its related to the character - but its a wider question mainly to do with the themes.

Yes that's why I said 'link'. You can learn quotations about themes until the cows come home but if you don't gave quotations specifically relating to the named character then you have nothing. That's why everyone is talking about it. You revise what you think is best and I'll do what I think is best.
oh ok thanks RJG123
How does one STRUCTURE - Part A and Part B?

E.G. paragraphs to write, intro, etc... Thanks!
Hope everyones english lit exams this week go really well
Reply 44
Original post by TheKevinFang
How does one STRUCTURE - Part A and Part B?

E.G. paragraphs to write, intro, etc... Thanks!

I would say part (a) intro, 2/3 paragraphs and maybe a little conclusion then for part (b) another mini introduction and then 2/3 contextual points and then an other summary
I was given this structure -
Intro: authors viewpoint on theme, whether or not theme was accepted at time
Beginning: How we come across theme, pivotal moments in plot
Middle: How presentation progresses.
End: What is learnt from/about the theme, current response to theme in modern society i.e. racism still present; police brutality in america etc.
HOPE THAT HELPS
Does anyone have short(ish) Jem quotes that can be incorporated into supporting arguments in essay
Reply 47
Education hasn't come up I don't think

Easy for aqa to get a passage for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by lovelyqueen
do you talk about the context for section 2 part a

Only if it specifically asks you to. Part b is where they want you to look at context. Part a is more about analysing the language and just do what they ask you to; the question is quite specific.
are u guys talking about edexcel papers or wjec papers
ohhhh this is for aqa
Reply 51
Original post by coldbluehorse
ohhhh this is for aqa

Yes..... hate them to be honest!
For part b, what context should you refer to? Is it historical context from places at the time, or context within the fiction of the novel. I always struggle more with part b. Any help is much appreciated. :smile:
What kind of things could you write about Jem if he came up?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lastminuterush
What kind of things could you write about Jem if he came up?

You could write about the stages of growth he goes through and how this is a much more sudden transition than Scout. He is thrown by the fact his father does not win the case and becomes very mature by the end of the novel. Scout feels like she has lost him as a friend and that they grew further apart and yet closer in a different way. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by OverSoon
You could write about the stages of growth he goes through and how this is a much more sudden transition than Scout. He is thrown by the fact his father does not win the case and becomes very mature by the end of the novel. Scout feels like she has lost him as a friend and that they grew further apart and yet closer in a different way. Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much! I'm hoping Mrs Dubose comes up!
Reply 56
Original post by lastminuterush
Thank you so much! I'm hoping Mrs Dubose comes up!

Mrs dubose/aunt alexandra/the ewells would be a god send
What points or quotes can i make for Aunt Alexandra, as i have no clue what to say other than missionary circle.
Very worried about exam tomorrow. Best of luck! Hope Mrs Dubose comes up!!

Thanks in advance!
Guys is it bad if I basically continued question B from question A? Like "In the novel as a whole, we find many examples of [topic] like in the passage" (only better than that)
Reply 59
Original post by Hot_Kebab
What points or quotes can i make for Aunt Alexandra, as i have no clue what to say other than missionary circle.
Very worried about exam tomorrow. Best of luck! Hope Mrs Dubose comes up!!

Thanks in advance!

Look at chapter 9 'she was fanatical about the subject of (Scout's) attire'

Then chapter 23 her attitudes towards walter cunningham. She is very classist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending