The Student Room Group

GCSE psych aqa - any1 doing it?

Is anyone doing these exams? What studies do you think will come up?
Original post by stepin2thelight
Is anyone doing these exams? What studies do you think will come up?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the psychology forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=211
Yes I'm doing it.
There is going to be a higher chance of me failing if I don't put the work in, until June the 1st (which is when Unit 1 is) and June the 4th (when Unit 2 is).
I'm figuring I should put in at least 2 hours everyday? Do you think that's enough?
How's the revision going? Could do with some help! I'm trying to get an A*
How's the revision going? Could do with some help! I'm trying to get an A*

You're on the verge of getting an A*!
I'm trying to scrape a B, I need that B.
It's so hard to revise, since I'm doing a subject that I have no interest in.
Just keeping working at it, and you'll get there.

Not sure if there is any hope for me :frown:
You think I could learn all of unit 2, until Monday (when the AQA Psych exam will be ;( )
I'm literally going to have to revise unit 2 Wed night, I prefer unit 2 but know that's a lot to cover! It's just making sure I know the right studies. I'm hating that sometimes my aims and conclusions are too similar and that is bad apparently, but when I read the textbooks (the ONLY resources available really!) they often have aims and conclusions that are also very similar... And there is VERY LITTLE about on practical implications/evaluation. Is it good enough to just talk about not being generalised//lacking ecological validity etc,,,?
I'm literally going to have to revise unit 2 Wed night, I prefer unit 2 but know that's a lot to cover! It's just making sure I know the right studies. I'm hating that sometimes my aims and conclusions are too similar and that is bad apparently, but when I read the textbooks (the ONLY resources available really!) they often have aims and conclusions that are also very similar... And there is VERY LITTLE about on practical implications/evaluation. Is it good enough to just talk about not being generalised//lacking ecological validity etc,,,?

For me that's going to be hard considering, that we have Maths on that day as well as Psychology Unit 2 (If you do edexcel for maths that is). I am going to be so draineeeddd, although maths is my favourite subject.

I heard psychology unit 2 has a higher grade boundary but it;'s a lot easier then unit 1 apparently. I think otherwise, but i guess that's because i've been revising unit 1 a lot.
And I'm not sure, but if you can state advantages and disadvantages and anything that can evaulate it then you should be fine. I'm not relaly good at the evalutating part tbh.
You two seem to be doing revision really well, do you have any tips to learn case studies quick? I think i'm ready for the uni 2 exam but for unit 1 I hardly know any. PLEASE HELP:frown:
Original post by psychologybore
You two seem to be doing revision really well, do you have any tips to learn case studies quick? I think i'm ready for the uni 2 exam but for unit 1 I hardly know any. PLEASE HELP:frown:

As a psychology student, you should know that we all have our different ways of learning.
I'm a flexible learner (kinaesthetic, visual, auditory), but you got to find out how you memorise the best.
The way I do it, is I keep writing down the study and say it out loud to myself, whilst doing so.
Unit 2 I don't think I'm ready for, but if you do really well on unit 1 and do bad or okay on unit 2, then you've most likely got a low C or low B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending