The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by Tow
At least you revised xD

I've gotta get my shiz sorted :P

Exams are approaching way too fast.

They are approaching!

Mine are on:
5th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 18th, 22nd and 23rd.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
They are approaching!

Mine are on:
5th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 18th, 22nd and 23rd.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine are on:
8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, 17th, 22nd

I've done my first exam so I'm left with 6.

If you notice, they're all on 'even' days except the 17th... which is my RE synoptic exam - bear in mind that this exam is often compared to second/third year uni level. I know it's stupid, but for some reason... I believe there is a reason that exam breaks the pattern.

Perhaps it will be the exam of all exams. The one exam, to rule them all. (If you didn't understand that reference, :facepalm:)
Reply 742
Original post by Tow
Mine are on:
8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, 17th, 22nd

I've done my first exam so I'm left with 6.

If you notice, they're all on 'even' days except the 17th... which is my RE synoptic exam - bear in mind that this exam is often compared to second/third year uni level. I know it's stupid, but for some reason... I believe there is a reason that exam breaks the pattern.

Perhaps it will be the exam of all exams. The one exam, to rule them all. (If you didn't understand that reference, :facepalm:)

Hahahaha. The hardest exam I've ever done is this one :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hahahaha. The hardest exam I've ever done is this one :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't mean an admission test xD

Oxford/Cambridge admission tests are fun - but unfortunately aren't that relevant to exams ^^

What about like the hardest past paper AQA exam you've done? Because AQA and Edexcel are rather similar in terms of its specification for Maths.
Reply 744
Original post by Tow
I didn't mean an admission test xD

Oxford/Cambridge admission tests are fun - but unfortunately aren't that relevant to exams ^^

What about like the hardest past paper AQA exam you've done? Because AQA and Edexcel are rather similar in terms of its specification for Maths.

Hardest AQA exam is definitely last year's physics EMPA.

Maths I haven't found a paper as difficult as their physics exams haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hardest AQA exam is definitely last year's physics EMPA.

Maths I haven't found a paper as difficult as their physics exams haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant Maths ^^ I don't do Physics.

I was asking because it would be good revision to help each other by referring one another to past papers in our own exam boards. Often you find that Edexcel 'steals' questions used in AQA Maths papers (apparently) and vice versa.

This is however inappropriate for this thread, shall we take it to PM?
Reply 746
Original post by Tow
I meant Maths ^^ I don't do Physics.

I was asking because it would be good revision to help each other by referring one another to past papers in our own exam boards. Often you find that Edexcel 'steals' questions used in AQA Maths papers (apparently) and vice versa.

This is however inappropriate for this thread, shall we take it to PM?

Yeah I've sent a message :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got a full list of all the exam questions that have been asked on this topic, for both controversies and the inital essay question??
Original post by sarahnicholala
Has anyone got a full list of all the exam questions that have been asked on this topic, for both controversies and the inital essay question??

Just seen a list of what seems part A questions attached to the first post called 'revision questions - Germany Kaiser to fuhrer pdf' - not sure if that's all of the part A questions... Ask OP he'll know
Reply 749
How are people planning this question 'to what extent did WW1 heighten existing tensions within the second reich?'
Reply 750
Original post by pearl_rose
Just seen a list of what seems part A questions attached to the first post called 'revision questions - Germany Kaiser to fuhrer pdf' - not sure if that's all of the part A questions... Ask OP he'll know

Original post by sarahnicholala

That PDF is a document with possible questions, some have been used and some haven't but it's not exhaustive. I'll make a PDF and post it tonight. Keep at eye on out the thread :smile:
Reply 751
Original post by dstunr
How are people planning this question 'to what extent did WW1 heighten existing tensions within the second reich?'

I've made a plan for this essay briefly - I'll post it on a PDF later today :smile:
Reply 752
Original post by CD223
I've made a plan for this essay briefly - I'll post it on a PDF later today :smile:

Cheers mate
Reply 753
History teacher finally marked out part B question we gave him..... Just after Easter. Got exactly 80%, so 32/40. Pretty good! Would be nice to get that in an exam too, although very unlikely hahah
Hey all,

So I've made quite a significant discovery, for those of you who don't already know of course.

Now I don't aim to unnecessarily raise your hopes, but the grade boundaries are in general quite low. The highest I've ever seen is 61 for an A* (87%). Last year was 60 marks for an A*!

For those who got full marks in the coursework, that means we need around 55/56 marks to get an A* overall.

For those who didn't, if you can't work it out yourself, I'll do it for you, either post your UMS here or PM me :smile:

Pretty damn awesome :smile:
Original post by cuppa
History teacher finally marked out part B question we gave him..... Just after Easter. Got exactly 80%, so 32/40. Pretty good! Would be nice to get that in an exam too, although very unlikely hahah

Aw well done :smile: Thats GREAT!!! Wish i was getting those marks :frown: x
Reply 756
Original post by Tow
Hey all,

So I've made quite a significant discovery, for those of you who don't already know of course.

Now I don't aim to unnecessarily raise your hopes, but the grade boundaries are in general quite low. The highest I've ever seen is 61 for an A* (87%). Last year was 60 marks for an A*!

For those who got full marks in the coursework, that means we need around 55/56 marks to get an A* overall.

For those who didn't, if you can't work it out yourself, I'll do it for you, either post your UMS here or PM me :smile:

Pretty damn awesome :smile:

That sounds too good to be true...:L
Reply 757
Original post by dstunr
Cheers mate

No worries.
Original post by CD223
No worries.

That PDF is so useful! Thank you so much x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 759
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
That PDF is so useful! Thank you so much x

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries. Figured it might help others so I knocked it up the other day :smile:

How's your revision going? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest