The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aky786UK
You think Sociedad will be competing for fourth next year? Moyes' reign there seems to be satisfactory, maybe unrealistic to expect him to galvanise them high but doubt they will compete for fourth. Maybe a top ten finish but if he doesn't make good signings and they struggle, wouldn't be a surprise if he got the boot.

Doubt he'll get fourth, but I think Real Sociedad are struggling for goals. They have 40 goals in 36 games, in comparison to them getting 70 goals in 38 games in the 12/13 season.

I think Valencia and Sevilla are too strong at this moment in time for Sociedad to get 4th, but they can definitely make the europa and make a semi challenge for the 4th spot.
Original post by jam277
Doubt he'll get fourth, but I think Real Sociedad are struggling for goals. They have 40 goals in 36 games, in comparison to them getting 70 goals in 38 games in the 12/13 season.

Moyes' solution for their scoring woes, back in January, seemed to be Danny Ings...

Intrigued by what signings he brings in considering he didn't stamp his mark in terms of incomings in January.
Original post by jam277
Emery is dat *****

Always liked him and felt Valencia messed up with getting rid of him.

Apparently there's a lot of talk in Italy about him being Inzaghi's successor.
Why is this thread not active?!?!

Thrilling game wrt Espanyol and RM, Barca still one up though, few minutes away from the title.
Messi with the league winning goal

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Why is this thread not active?!?!

Thrilling game wrt Espanyol and RM, Barca still one up though, few minutes away from the title.

The forum is filled with BPL elitists
Ronaldo:cool:
Nice of CR7 to turn up after that utter dross performance in midweek.
There we have it. Barcelona deservedly win. Well done Luis Enrique. It was all getting a bit heated at the end there - but it always will with Godin on the pitch!
Barca could go on to win the treble :eek: Man like Enrique :cool:
Ronaldo's a pro at scoring when it doesn't matter. Got to give it to him.

I honestly think, providing they win the CL this year... that this Barca team could be the first to win back to back CL trophies. They'll only be stronger next season with MSN being even more familiar with each other and Barca will be able to buy some players again next season.
Visca barca!! Champions of Spain once again!!
2 more finals left!

Barcelona + Berlin = TREBLE!

Visca Barca!
from losing La Liga to Atletico at home, to winning La Liga from Atletico away. ironic?
You fancy Barcelona to easily beat Athletic Bilbao in the CDR.

I think they did the double over them in the league?
Original post by shawn_o1
ironic?

Like raaaaaaain on your wedding day.

Anyway, I reckon today marks the first chapter of a treble-winning season for Barca. The CDR will end in a Barcelona win, I'm sure, given today's result and the way that they are playing and will want to go into the CL final in Berlin firing on all cylinders.
Original post by Zander01

I honestly think, providing they win the CL this year... that this Barca team could be the first to win back to back CL trophies. They'll only be stronger next season with MSN being even more familiar with each other and Barca will be able to buy some players again next season.

Much harder to maintain success than to achieve success. Enrique might not even be around.

I think Enrique, Iniesta, or Alves could all dip in form next season, and injuries could also thrust a few players like Adriano, Rafinha, Xavi, Vermaelen (lol) into playing in the latter stages of competitions when they're not really cut out for it. That being said, MSN are one of the best ever, so yeah I'd have them as hot favourites to retain the trophy.
Ronaldo's hattrick was the greatest hattrick I've ever seen.

Greatest poacher I've seen.
(edited 8 years ago)
#salty
Original post by Zander01

Bit early to call it when they haven't played this years final:tongue:. I know what you mean, Suarez has no Copa America so should be fresh for next season.

Original post by shawn_o1
from losing La Liga to Atletico at home, to winning La Liga from Atletico away. ironic?

Last year lost the league to Atleti, KOed from the CL by them and didn't beat them in SIX matches.

This season 4/4 - Lucho effect.

Original post by jam277
Ronaldo's hattrick was the greatest hattrick I've ever seen.

Greatest poacher I've seen.

Ronaldo got his goals and I'm sure he enjoys winning the individual awards more than team trophies.

300+ goals and has only won the league once in seven years.

I'm sure he enjoyed the media adulation for donating money to Nepal, which seemed to come "media reports" until the charity came out and denied receiving any money. It was good that be posted to his vast number of followers on Facebook to donate but I'm surprised no one from his camp came out earlier to set the record straight.

I'm sure Florentino and co have more "reports" to big up Ronaldo and try to play down Messi before the voting Balon D'or.

Latest