The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Ugly people still have girlfriends :huff:

To be honest it's probably more to do with shyness and just generally **** social skills. Although I wouldn't rule out ugliness, my facial appearance is asymmetric what with my deformed ear :sad: That's objectively bad looking.

If it's any consolation, you make me feel better about my car crash life.
Original post by aaronlowe
Eye of the Beholder - sorry I play too many computer games lol

See chaotic? Even this weirdo has a gf, your time will come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viva Emptiness
So what you're admitting to is being both ugly AND with a terrible personality/bank balance?

Yes. I would like to think my personality is actually quote layed back, friendly and maybe even interesting if the person shares similar interests or outlook. It's just it takes ages for that part to ever get though the massive barrier of social ineptness. How I come across to most people is probbaly non existence quite guy at best or that guy you hate talking to because of how awkward it is. He cant even get his words out properly without fumbling.

Also you missed out my objectively ugly deformed ear.

Ye... even if I had a gazillion bucks I would pretend to be relatively poor or at most getting comfortably by.
I'm single but I probably wouldn't.

But I would be suspicious if I happened to hear an alert specific to a dating app or saw that someone had written a flirtatious message on their wall.
I used to be quite depressed about this kind of thing. Then one day I just said, "God, if you want me to be in a relationship then I'll leave that to you to figure out. You have infinitely more experience than me. Meanwhile I'm going to concentrate on enjoying my life so that I'm happy either way."

I've never looked back :smile:

If it was just one person it wouldnt bother me but the fact its every single girl I must be doing something wrong.

I think girls can probably tell i fancy them but the fact they dont even want to stay in touch is hurtful.
Its not like i was even flirting alot with them most of conversations where about everyday stuff.
Yes. I would like to think my personality is actually quote layed back, friendly and maybe even interesting if the person shares similar interests or outlook. It's just it takes ages for that part to ever get though the massive barrier of social ineptness. How I come across to most people is probbaly non existence quite guy at best or that guy you hate talking to because of how awkward it is. He cant even get his words out properly without fumbling.

Laid back, friend and interesting are rarely considered to be unattractive traits. If you do indeed posses those traits, then your social awkwardness will probably be seen as a quirk. I'd not worry.
Original post by Anonymous
If it was just one person it wouldnt bother me but the fact its every single girl I must be doing something wrong.

I think girls can probably tell i fancy them but the fact they dont even want to stay in touch is hurtful.
Its not like i was even flirting alot with them most of conversations where about everyday stuff.

You're going to be in a position at some point when you can't be bothered properly ending things with someone.
Original post by TornadoGR4
If it's any consolation, you make me feel better about my car crash life.

Well I'm goign to be hunting for sheep skulls to add to my collection tomorrow in the early hours. Like a proper emo :smile:
Reply 88
No, that is completely ****ed up.
Original post by keromedic
You're going to be in a position at some point when you can't be bothered properly ending things with someone.

But dont you think its rude if youve spoken to someone once or twice a week for a year to ignore a simple hello ?
Ugly people still have girlfriends :huff:

To be honest it's probably more to do with shyness and just generally **** social skills. Although I wouldn't rule out ugliness, my facial appearance is asymmetric what with my deformed ear :sad: That's objectively bad looking.

That ear of yours is a guardian angel in disguise. It'll filter out any superficial people who don't give a **** about you. When you love someone it's from the inside out - not outside in.
Laid back, friend and interesting are rarely considered to be unattractive traits. If you do indeed posses those traits, then your social awkwardness will probably be seen as a quirk. I'd not worry.

But what happens if I am really a bastard? I don't really think you can trust the opinion you have of yourself.

I'm obviously doing something wrong or there is something wrong with me since I have a zero success rate. Or I am just uber unlucky and the universe if ****ing me over.
If you feel the need to snoop on your partners phone or social media then the relationship is already half way down the drain. Not normal, and not good.
Original post by SiminaM
See chaotic? Even this weirdo has a gf, your time will come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can feel the luuuv in the room tonight :biggrin:
Yes. I would like to think my personality is actually quote layed back, friendly and maybe even interesting

:curious: You must have a particular disliking for me then, which I actually embrace :h:
That ear of yours is a guardian angel in disguise. It'll filter out any superficial people who don't give a **** about you. When you love someone it's from the inside out - not outside in.

But people are superficial. We are programed to be. My ear males me look potentially genetically weaker, therefore less desirable. Even though rationally it is just because I had my hand pressed against it when I was a baby inside my mum (nothing to do with genetics) which resulted in her needing a cesarean. I even messed up being born :tongue:

I can't seem to make up for it by showing how great I am at catching deer or something (or whatever the modern equivalent is).

Original post by Feline_Nymphet
:curious: You must have a particular disliking for me then, which I actually embrace

Why?

You seem too hardcore for me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
But dont you think its rude if youve spoken to someone once or twice a week for a year to ignore a simple hello ?

I don't know the situation. Perhaps they didn't see it. Perhaps they were busy and thought you'd understand.
Why? You seem too hardcore for me.

Hardcore? How? :laugh:

((And something tells me the marian girl and the friar boy are getting off to this :K:))
Original post by SiminaM
EOB?

Then what's the problem?
Saw your edit - idk you seem a nicer person than most tsr guys with gf are *cough* schrodingers cat *cough*
An ear? That can't be that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Such a rooky TSR error :sadnod:. Nice guys finish last and get cuckolded into oblivion. Have you not seen the academic output this forum produces? :rolleyes:

How I am on here is me without all the inhibitions.

No one disses schrocat :boxing:
I don't know the situation. Perhaps they didn't see it. Perhaps they were busy and thought you'd understand.

But as a rule of thumb generally ?

Latest

Trending

Trending