The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
But people are superficial. We are programed to be.

Surely if you're aware of that then you can change that? We aren't just robots.
Such a rooky TSR error :sadnod:. Nice guys finish last and get cuckolded into oblivion. Have you not seen the academic output this forum produces? :rolleyes:

How I am on here is me without all the inhibitions.

No one disses schrocat :boxing:

Please tell me this is sarcasm, or I'm going to get a train up to Manchester and slap you.
Yes that is a completely normal and rational thing to do.
But what happens if I am really a bastard? I don't really think you can trust the opinion you have of yourself.

I'm obviously doing something wrong or there is something wrong with me since I have a zero success rate. Or I am just uber unlucky and the universe if ****ing me over.

I've told you before, your problem is you live in bloody Macclesfield!

Plus the whole not actually doing anything that puts you in a position where you meet people....
Original post by SophieSmall
Please tell me this is sarcasm, or I'm going to get a train up to Manchester and slap you.

You do realize it isn't "up" to get to Manchester from Liverpool? Will have to brush up your geography skillz before you can clobber me. Although if getting a clobbering means I can meet you I'm fine with that, in a strictly platonic way of course :wink:

Yes, it was indeed sarcasm. I may be a virgin but I'm not stupid.

You do realize it isn't "up" to get to Manchester from Liverpool? Will have to brush up your geography skillz before you can clobber me. Although if getting a clobbering means I can meet you I'm fine with that, in a strictly platonic way of course :wink:

Just had a quick look at your pic and you look like a cross between Howard from the big bang theory and Jay from inbetweeners :laugh:
:wink:

NOW I get it lol.
Original post by redferry
I've told you before, your problem is you live in bloody Macclesfield!

Plus the whole not actually doing anything that puts you in a position where you meet people....

Macclesfield isn't inhabited by asexual mutants you know :hmmm:

Since I left uni I met Nottingham uni biology volunteering girl who I actually asked out with the usual result. Then there was polish wage slave girl which was a bit weird. Was sort of attracted but don't really think we had that much in common, but mainly she scared me and all my colleagues made it really weird by trying to get me to shag her. Was going to try and ask her out when I left but I chickened out. Then there is Danish au pair wannabe chemist volunteering girl who keeps hinting about me taking her rockclimbing but I don't have a car and I;m pretty sure I would end up killing both of us if I did that :s-smilie:

Plus she has a boyfriend back home :innocent:

So that's three potential women in about 10 months? Is that bad?

I knwo I need to do more things where I can meet people, but that's the problem, even when I do manage to do something new I still don;t make any friends or anything. I just sort of plod along. In my entirety at uni I made one friend, who I am actually really close with, that seems to be a recurring pattern in my life actually, I sort of just plod along but I will get randomly get close with certain individuals, I'm hoping the same will happen with a girlfriend at some point :frown: Worked for my dad anyway.

Original post by luvinit
Just had a quick look at your pic and you look like a cross between Howard from the big bang theory and Jay from inbetweeners :laugh:

I can't work out how to delete those ****ing pictures

God only knows why I put them on there. Was probably going through a phase where I thought I didn't look entirely stupid.

Howard still ended up with that small squeaky blonde girl. But that's TV.
(edited 8 years ago)
Macclesfield isn't inhabited by asexual mutants you know :hmmm:

Since I left uni I met Nottingham uni biology volunteering girl who I actually asked out with the usual result. Then there was polish wage slave girl which was a bit weird. Was sort of attracted but don't really think we had that much in common, but mainly she scared me and all my colleagues made it really weird by trying to get me to shag her. Was going to try and ask her out when I left but I chickened out. Then there is Danish au pair wannabe chemist volunteering girl who keeps hinting about me taking her rockclimbing but I don't have a car and I;m pretty sure I would end up killing both of us if I did that :s-smilie:

Plus she has a boyfriend back home :innocent:

So that's three potential women in about 10 months? Is that bad?

I knwo I need to do more things where I can meet people, but that's the problem, even when I do manage to do something new I still don;t make any friends or anything. I just sort of plod along. In my entirety at uni I made one friend, who I am actually really close with, that seems to be a recurring pattern in my life actually, I sort of just plod along but I will get randomly get close with certain individuals, I'm hoping the same will happen with a girlfriend at some point :frown: Worked for my dad anyway.

I can't work out how to delete those ****ing pictures :angry:

God only knows why I put them on there. Was probably going through a phase where I thought I didn't look entirely stupid.

I think it's time you got a new haircut. :afro:
no, you're going to be looking things in a complete different mindset. Checking her FB and you see a bit of flirting, you're going to get mad etc

not saying everybody flirts, but a lot of people do (just harmless flirts) and you're just going to cause problems for both if you start checking, or if she's just talking to a guy/guy talking to a girl

my ex went through my phone once and would be like "who's this girl" "why is she giving you this many kisses" etc when nothing went on
Original post by Anonymous
So im wondering, ive started going out with this girl and I was talking to a mate of myne who is in a long term realtionship. He told me he checks his girlfriends texts and facebook on a regular basis and he asks her about which guys shes been talking to at work, is this normal ?

It's normal if you are in a dysfunctional relationship

I thought it was up :'( but it's just to the left
No, I never ever controlled wife's facebook. :smile:

To the right*
So im wondering, ive started going out with this girl and I was talking to a mate of myne who is in a long term realtionship. He told me he checks his girlfriends texts and facebook on a regular basis and he asks her about which guys shes been talking to at work, is this normal ?

No trust is bad, but I've been in a 2 and a half year relationship with absolutely no trust and we've made it work. I don't think trust is a necessity in order to make a relationship work, you just have to be willing to make sacrifices for that person:smile:
You need to check. Im texting her
I do and especially it's important that he changes his relationship status so that other girls know he's taken. I don't have BF atm but that's what I did with my previous ones in fact checking their FBs when they're an exBF is the best lol you could see how much ****ter their lives have gotten also can compare with the new girl they have if they have one at all. lol

Original post by Mr Smurf
No, partly because I am not a control freak, but mostly because I don't have a girlfriend. :emo:

maybe if you got rid of that ridiculous sig and stop holding girls to such unattainable standards of beauty you'd have more luck. What sort of girls do you go for? 'cause I have a feeling you're punching way above your league.
I'd only ever justify checking someone's social media if they're feeling sad or something and you think they might have posted a reason as to why. Either that or if it's an emergency of personal safety.
Reply 118

Eew, that's disgusting.

:facepalm: Manchester is east of Liverpool ¬¬

Latest

Trending

Trending