The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Education and Research Methods Exam 21st May 2015

Anyone have any ideas which questions might come up?
Reply 1
How would you structure a question on social policies, I don't get it?
Original post by LouisaB2310
Anyone have any ideas which questions might come up?

My teacher predicted perspectives on education may come up for the first section

Original post by gemmax6x
How would you structure a question on social policies, I don't get it?

Isn't social policies unit 1?
Reply 3
Original post by emiloujess
My teacher predicted perspectives on education may come up for the first section

Isn't social policies unit 1?

she means educational policies...
Original post by Uw0tm8_
she means educational policies...

Oh right! Sorry :frown: you would take 4 of those policies, a paragraph for each one, describe what they are and then evaluate them.
Reply 5
Oh right! Sorry :frown: you would take 4 of those policies, a paragraph for each one, describe what they are and then evaluate them.

The worst part is that they can specify which year the policies should be since, which narrows it down which makes it more difficult
Reply 6
Just remember guys you can leave a whole 20 mark essay and still get an A given that your answers to tthe previous questions are really good. I believe its around 60something out of 90 for an A
Reply 7
I am SO nervous oh my god
:afraid:
Original post by Libbysf
I am SO nervous oh my god
:afraid:

Same im dreading it!!!!
Good Luck everyone tho
Reply 9
**** does anyone know key thinkers...
How was the exam guys?:wink:
Reply 11
How was the exam guys?:wink:

The exam was ok but didn't really expect official statistics to come up as it came last year also you know the 12mark question about the government policies on social groups, some of us misread it as social class and talked about social classes and sociologists on that, will we lose much marks not including other social factors? How about you, how did you find it?
Can someone help me...The answer paper which we were suppose to write on your suppose to write the question number then yiur answer..i wrote the wrong answer it was like 2 paragraphs (misread the question) so i crossed it out and crossed out the number to the question but instructions said if you write the wrong number fill in the box then write your answer in the box below it..I filled in the box with black ink and wrote my answer on the other page... with the correct question number this time. will this still scan my answer?
If I only wrote about social class on the 24 marker does this mean I won't get the marks? I'm really worried :frown:
Original post by nayana71
Can someone help me...The answer paper which we were suppose to write on your suppose to write the question number then yiur answer..i wrote the wrong answer it was like 2 paragraphs (misread the question) so i crossed it out and crossed out the number to the question but instructions said if you write the wrong number fill in the box then write your answer in the box below it..I filled in the box with black ink and wrote my answer on the other page... with the correct question number this time. will this still scan my answer?

Just emailed my teacher and she said we might lose a few marks for not mentioning ethnicity or gender but we won't have any taken away either x
Was the 12 markers definitely on Social Groups? Please say yes because everyone is saying it was social class but I spoke about ethnicity, stupidly :frown:
Original post by 98clarkel
Was the 12 markers definitely on Social Groups? Please say yes because everyone is saying it was social class but I spoke about ethnicity, stupidly :frown:

12 marker was social class 20 marker was social groups
12 marker was social class 20 marker was social groups

Oh damn it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending