The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by 110v3G1
Finally got an offer!!!!!! :-) :-D

Yayy! Fingers crossed you get it! Good luck for the next couple of weeks!
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Thankyou so much :-) :-D
Reply 582
Original post by pawad96
Are there any A Level students and/or prospective MechEng students here? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me, L6 now so hopefully applying in winter
Reply 583
Original post by Nels98
Me, L6 now so hopefully applying in winter

Good luck :smile:
Original post by 110v3G1
Finally got an offer!!!!!! :-) :-D

Hi 110v3G1

Fantastic news! Massive thumbs up :thumbsup: and apologies it took us a little longer than normal... but you know what they say... good things come to those who wait. Good luck with your exams and we hope we see you in September.

Re. conditional offers we would look for you to get the conditions we set, in the unfortunate scenario that you might miss the conditions by a grade or 1% we would have to wait and see if we still had places on the course before making any decisions. This normally happens at the beginning of August when we get everyone's exam results. Lets hope it doesn't come to that an you get 3 A's. Good Luck!

And as always folks if you have any questions for me just ping me a message on here.

Cheers,
Keir
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pawad96
Yeah, a conditional one - seeing everyone get their accommodation offers is painful 😂

Hi Pawad96,

I know it is frustrating when you have a conditional and can't apply to halls. We do hold back a proportion of each halls so you will have the same chance as everyone else to get your first choice. The accommodation guarantee also runs till the 21st of August midday so after your exam results you will still have time to apply for halls.

If you apply before the deadline we will guarantee you halls*. My advice is as soon as you receive your exam results (hopefully all positive!) get on to our website and apply for halls.

Hope to see you in September.
Cheers,
Keir :smile:

*Accommodation guarantee does not include studetns coming from the City of Edinburgh.
Reply 586
Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Hi Pawad96,

I know it is frustrating when you have a conditional and can't apply to halls. We do hold back a proportion of each halls so you will have the same chance as everyone else to get your first choice. The accommodation guarantee also runs till the 21st of August midday so after your exam results you will still have time to apply for halls.

If you apply before the deadline we will guarantee you halls*. My advice is as soon as you receive your exam results (hopefully all positive!) get on to our website and apply for halls.

Hope to see you in September.
Cheers,
Keir :smile:

*Accommodation guarantee does not include studetns coming from the City of Edinburgh.

Do you hold back some of all the halls? Particularly, do you hold back the Christina Miller flats? (The ones with ~5 rooms)
Reply 587
Original post by pawad96
Do you hold back some of all the halls? Particularly, do you hold back the Christina Miller flats? (The ones with ~5 rooms)

I wouldn't hold your breath on it, mate. They may hold a small number of them, but with them being so popular you have to expect that you might not get there :/
Original post by pawad96

Hi Pawad96,

We do our best to hold back a good proportion from each hall. We can't unfortunately guarantee what type you will get but we do our best.

Deci, it's a bit of a myth that Christina Miller is the most popular. Some students go for the cheaper halls, although they aren't of the same standard it does cut down your living costs. Each to their own I suppose.

Cheers,
Keir
Reply 589
Still waiting for an answer for MSc PetEng. Has anyone heard back from that?
Reply 590
Deci, it's a bit of a myth that Christina Miller is the most popular. Some students go for the cheaper halls, although they aren't of the same standard it does cut down your living costs.

That's fair. I was only basing my opinion from this thread, where nearly 100% of applicants had said they had chosen Christina Miller.
So looking forward to meeting you all, birthday drinks on the 9th? :tongue:
Reply 592
Hi 110v3G1

Fantastic news! Massive thumbs up :thumbsup: and apologies it took us a little longer than normal... but you know what they say... good things come to those who wait. Good luck with your exams and we hope we see you in September.

Re. conditional offers we would look for you to get the conditions we set, in the unfortunate scenario that you might miss the conditions by a grade or 1% we would have to wait and see if we still had places on the course before making any decisions. This normally happens at the beginning of August when we get everyone's exam results. Lets hope it doesn't come to that an you get 3 A's. Good Luck!

And as always folks if you have any questions for me just ping me a message on here.

Cheers,
Keir

Hey, do you know if there are certain blocks for postgrads or older students, I'm stating in Christina Miller East block A and the only people so far I've seen also in there are older students but I've yet to find someone from my floor

Thanks
Hi Dunno 97

We try to allocate studentsaround the same age or year of course together. There are specific areas of theaccommodation reserved for PG students. As we do hold back rooms for Alevel/Highers students, some rooms might not be allocated until August. I'm sure you will find plenty of folk your age on your floor to hang out with :grouphugs:

Cheers

Sophie
Reply 594
That's pretty cool. I thought it'd be random.
Reply 595
Hi Dunno 97

We try to allocate studentsaround the same age or year of course together. There are specific areas of theaccommodation reserved for PG students. As we do hold back rooms for Alevel/Highers students, some rooms might not be allocated until August. I'm sure you will find plenty of folk your age on your floor to hang out with :grouphugs:

Cheers

Sophie

Great thanks
Hi 110v3G1

Cheers,
Keir

Thank you so much :-D
If I placed Heriot Watt as my insurance choice, how does applying for accomodation work? Am i guaranteed the accomodation if i get the grades?
Reply 597
Original post by 110v3G1
Thank you so much :-D
If I placed Heriot Watt as my insurance choice, how does applying for accomodation work? Am i guaranteed the accomodation if i get the grades?

Like me, you're A Level, so if you get in, whether it's firm or insurance, you then have an unconditional, so applying should be the same as anyone else, and you'd be guaranteed if you apply by the 21st :smile:
Original post by pawad96
Like me, you're A Level, so if you get in, whether it's firm or insurance, you then have an unconditional, so applying should be the same as anyone else, and you'd be guaranteed if you apply by the 21st :smile:

So what if my offer is conditional?
Reply 599
Original post by 110v3G1
So what if my offer is conditional?

When you get your results on the 13th of August, assuming all goes well, your conditional offer will become unconditional.

Quick Reply

Latest