The Student Room Group

OCR G542 Psychology Monday 18th May *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Good lucky everyone for tomorrow. I know I'm gonna need it 😂
I do 5 a levels and know every study inside out, all I did for studies I couldn't remember, is write them all down, and cut them up so you've got bits of paper with some with results on and some with aims etc. Then I just did a match game where I line them all up together in the right study.
This works because not only do you have to read the study to write it, you write it out, which further encodes the information and then you test your knowledge and you do it all without realising! Hope it helps, good luck!
Reply 222
Predictions for tomorrow? Section B and C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
Really hoping Piliavin with the right type of questions comes up & also psychodynamic !!!! PLEASE JESUS
Original post by cathrinobrown
anyone know any possible improvements for milgram and bandura?

For Milgram you could rip off his future study where he set the same sort of study in a less influential environment - for example a block of flats - this was so prestige did not influence participants whilst the experimenter was also not as authoritative and participants were faced with the victim instead of being protected by a buffer... just a suggestion obviously you need to then expand on that :smile:
For Bandura I dunno....use a field instead of lab - e.g. playground instead
use videos so they are more standardised? - so that every child in that condition is influenced equally! Etc... :smile:
Reply 225
Original post by Rstlss
Really hoping Piliavin with the right type of questions comes up & also fpsychodynamic !!!! PLEASE JESUS

Pilliavin confuses me so much, just a hard study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Milgram for section B pleaseeeeeeeeee. Section C individual psychology Development social any of them
Cramming in results for Piliavin, Rosenhan and Dement and Kleitman.
Guys, how many improvements do we need to state in section B?????
Original post by Ashdaw21
Guys, how many improvements do we need to state in section B?????

2 improvements in details
2/3 implications - 2 detailed or 3 briefly described
Reply 230
Original post by shannolivia
I'd definitely agree with your points here. However, do you think you would be able to mention that the when Mulika and Kanzi pressed the symbols on the lexigrams they were sent straight to the computer, whereas this was not possible outside as they had to record them by hand and then enter them onto the computer later, therefore recording inside was a strength? Not sure though, just an idea?

I know its only like 4 hours till the exam but yes you're on the right tracks:
it's good indoors because the use of an electronic, computerised machine to record symbol usage is an objective measure which removes any researcher bias.· The electronic, computerised machine was a piece of precise technology which provides objective scientific data so researcher errors/omissions in recording symbol usage are removed.
· Use of an electronic computerised machine (to record symbol usage) gave quantitative data which allowed comparisons to be made between the pygmy chimpanzees.

That's from the mark scheme - also sorry if someone's already answered this and GOOD LUCK
Good luck later everyone
Really wish I had an insider at OCR right now. I think I might just be okay, it's just section C thats the problem. I just can't seem to remember all the stuff I have revised for it, but the studies are pretty fine! The only ones I haven't done in a lot of detail is Savage, Freud and Sperry because I hate them. But I still know quite a few things about them.

3 and a half hours to go! D:
Best of luck. I'll be around until about half ten if anybody needs last minute advice.
Can you give me the studies for psycho dynamic, physiological, social and developmental?
what is the aim of the reicher and haslam study?

what is the assupmtion of the psychodynamic approach and the pros and cons

also, could they ask about both the psychodynamic and behaviourist approaches in section c?

THANKSS
Original post by AyeshaAK
2 improvements in details
2/3 implications - 2 detailed or 3 briefly described

Thank you and good luck for the exam!!
Original post by gdowning11
Can you give me the studies for psycho dynamic, physiological, social and developmental?

psychodynamic: Freud and Thigpen and Cleckley
physiological: Magire, Sperry and Dement and Kleitman
social; Piliavin, Milgram, Reicher and Haslam
developmental: Freud, Bandura and Samual and Bryant
Reply 238
Good luck everyone :smile:
Remember for section A, if the question is 4 marks and asks for 2 reasons etc then even if you only really remember one, think logically about the study and then guess the other one, and you may still get it correct :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending