The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

For the points you have made for part a use the same but apply them to the whole novel and historical context

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a_hussain15
can someone please tell me if candy has come up before?

Yeah- it came up jan 2011
How was everyone's exam today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by examswhizz
How was everyone's exam today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AIC- pretty damn easy, did the Mr Birling question as I had done a similar question for practice.

OMAM- passage was quite difficult, never been asked about the death of Curley's Wife before.
Part B was a bit easier, but still not great
How did everyone find it? I don't the Crucible, and I answered the question on Parris, but I hadn't revised him because he CAME UP IN 2012 aqa can be so mean sometimes. OMAM was ok, although the passage was quite difficult, for section b I talked about the treatment of black people, crooks, as well as the treatment of women, Curleys wife.
Did not enjoy this exam. OMAM was a fairly good question, as was vague enough to explore freely. AIC I did not like, I avoided the question on Mr Birling as I've found him one of the most insignificant characters (personally) and felt that the inequality question was awkward to answer. I don't think I quoted enough on AIC as really didn't know how to use quotes to back up the points of inequlity. I'll be putting in A LOT of revision for the poetry exam to pick up on lost marks
so happy with An Inspector Calls question about Arthur Birling
OMAM was good
overall it was a good exam and nice questions
Original post by GCSE student 1
How did everyone find it? I don't the Crucible, and I answered the question on Parris, but I hadn't revised him because he CAME UP IN 2012 aqa can be so mean sometimes. OMAM was ok, although the passage was quite difficult, for section b I talked about the treatment of black people, crooks, as well as the treatment of women, Curleys wife.

for brutality of life context question I talked about lonliness and isolation Candy's dog as well as ranch workers.
Loved the AIC question
Hated the OMAM question

Hopeful for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GCSE student 1

I did the Parris question for the Crucible, I thought that one was ok (better than the betrayal question anyway). I did purple hibiscus for the second part, which went OK, although I didn't like the passage and I had to rush because I spent too long on section A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was happy to see Arthur Birling as he was the only character I looked at in detail for revision!

To kill a mocking bird was umm... eh.
Didn't see any good literary devices in the given passage which annoyed me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
was kinda ehhh. The AIC was okayish on Mr b but that OMOM was quite horrible as literally had no idea what to write about for the text and also it was difficult to link the text to part b
I did the Mr Birling question for AIC, which I thought was predictable as he hadn't come up for years - probably used too little quotation. I did to kill a mockingbird too, and thought that question was pretty good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Littleonezz
Was happy to see Arthur Birling as he was the only character I looked at in detail for revision!

To kill a mocking bird was umm... eh.
Didn't see any good literary devices in the given passage which annoyed me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither did I on the TKAM question. All I got about literary devices was varied sentence length!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For Mr Birling, I wrote a sample essay beforehand and just copied that in the exam and just analysed the quote they asked you to include.

For Of Mice and Men part a), I went into a tangent on whether George is to blame for Lennie's killing of Curley's wife... and I linked Lennie to the theme of fate- the present tense in 'I don't want ta hurt you. But George'll get mad'- how these deaths are not exclusive to Steinbeck's fictional ranch.

For part b), it was excellent- you could talk about anything so I talked about the final quote by Carlson and analysed that, and talked about Crooks' name and analysed 'gold-rimmed spectacles hung from an iron nail above his bed'...

I think grade boundaries will be higher since everybody predicted Mr Birling.
I know right! The only thing I managed to explain more detail was the fact she lists the qualities that scouts classmates fathers do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For TKAM part b) - I wrote about Tom Robinson...I'm now worrying about whether we were allowed to pick him as the mockingbird since he had already been named???
Reply 537
I found the An Inspector calls question on Mr Birling easy though the OMAM question was kind of weird...

By the way on the OMAM question part b) was it ok to have talked about violence this I believe that too relates to the brutality of life???
did anyone do the woman I black and mister pip?
I found them so hard!!!
It was a mit

Quick Reply

Latest