The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 AS Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maccisha
yeah it was weird! I think I put the 290million one at the very last second but I didn't have time to work out if it was right so thanks!

For that question i defined operating profit

And defined operating profit margin

Then i did the 304 / 1.06 = 290.56

Dont know exactly if this is the correct answer but it seems like veryone got 290.56
1. Market orientation
the Indian rupees question was a
business plan question was retained profit
hawk-eye one was there was no guarantee of operating profit
equation one was operating profit was 290 mill before i think
Last one was consumer wants were met so sales were increased

Thats all i can remember atm (THESE ANSWERS ARE NOT 100% CORRECT)
Original post by Yousf
The last question literally made no sense , like LEGIT NO SENSE, did anybody do it?

you mean the government spending?
The question is weird, I said that they would not affect by decrease but an increase of government spending as the figures shown... And I linked it to taxation.
Reply 143
Is it possible to get 4marks, for simply stating the correct answer, giving a definition explaning why 2 other options are incorrect without explaning why your answer is right. Im pretty sure it wouldn't matter right?
Original post by Yousf
Is it possible to get 4marks, for simply stating the correct answer, giving a definition explaning why 2 other options are incorrect without explaning why your answer is right. Im pretty sure it wouldn't matter right?

For most questions this is fine i think
Reply 145
Original post by FinStone
Not sure on the question numbers but:
1) Market Orientation
2) An Ethical Stance
3)Retained Profit
4)More UK Vistors To India
5)Operating Profit in the previous three months was 290.56million Euros
6)Cant remember
7)Guaranteed Operating Profit
8)Consumer Wants Met

Same as me, however question 6 i think was the one relate to break even analysis etc. For that i put the the margin of safety would be 0, did you put the same? IT WAS DO DAM HARD TO EXPLAIN WHY IT WAS CORRECT
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JoelAndarakis
For that question i defined operating profit

And defined operating profit margin

Then i did the 304 / 1.06 = 290.56

Dont know exactly if this is the correct answer but it seems like veryone got 290.56

I think there is a rounding problem,if you do 308 x (1-0.06) it will be 289.52 but the answer is 290.56 so that really confuse me.
Reply 147
Wasn't a bad exam, I finished in an hour, the last question was easy for me, mainly because I do Economics aswell
What did you guys put for the demand 6 marker?

I said that there may be substitutes and population may increase

Hope thats right...
On question 6 was margin of safety 0?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 150
Original post by Yousf
Same as me, however question 6 i think was the one relate to break even analysis etc. For that i put the the margin of safety would be 0, did you put the same? IT WAS DO DAM HARD TO EXPLAIN WHY IT WAS CORRECT

I said that margin of safety = total output - break even output

So when margin of safety = 0, it is breaking even and I said why the other options were incorrect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yousf

Ahh yea i got that too:smile: Aha yea, i defined breakeven point, then defined margin of safety and then just said therefore a margin of safety is 0 then it means level of output is equal to breakeven point.....But it got reallt waffley!
population size is right but competition may be arguable as it said 'no price' depends how you extended it, i think it's probably right tho
Original post by JoelAndarakis
What did you guys put for the demand 6 marker?

I said that there may be substitutes and population may increase

Hope thats right...

Im not sure about substitutes for a clothing brand....and also youd have to say there was an increased price of substiutes or something as they question asked what factors would increase demand for Matthew's business not affect:smile:Populations a good one! Provided you explained them well and gave examples i think both should be fine!
So far:
1) D- market orientation
2)Business plan was retained profits (B)3)Rupee one was increase in people going to India (A)
4) The operating profit one was it used to be 290.54 (c)
5) The football league (hawk eye) was operatin profit isn't guaranteed (c)
6)The sales increases up to 21 percent and 54 percent- consumers got what they want (B)
7) There was also a question on break even which means the margin of safety is 0 (B)
8)ethical stance

This is NOT in order
Not sure on the question numbers but: MOST OF CREDIT GOES TO FinStone
1) Market Orientation
2) An Ethical Stance
3)Retained Profit
4)More UK Vistors To India
5)Operating Profit in the previous three months was 290.56million Euros
6)Margin of Safety (0)
7)Guaranteed Operating Profit
8)Consumer Wants Met
Section B, oddly, was better than section A today, what even were questions 1 and 8 omfg???? I didn't even mind question 13 haha! I managed to finish 13, and three quarters of questions 11 and 12, but seriously how do they expect you to complete that paper in 1 hour and 15 minutes? smh Edexcel
For Section B for 2 non price factors that increase demand I said -
1. Changes in taste and fashion
2. And decrease in their income because then they can spend less in expensive high street stores and more in pop up retailing

What do you think?
Anybody know what option D was for question 8??
Reply 159
The paper was okay some of the multiple queations blew me away as in Q2 that surely cant be right because ethical stance is defined as making a right agaisnt something you belive is socially and morally wrong also for business plan surely its not retained profit because plan includes all the finance sources....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending