The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 AS Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Also for the deman question i defined demand then i was linking it to the text which was about the pop up marketing on.ho. He uses that to increase demand and then used quotes from the text. And then the question in section B about the leader style i said he is using democratic leader because he works closely with reena and then also talked about the benefit which was that it motivates employe to strive for the sucess..

However i belive grade boundaries will be lower because this was a hard paper!!!!!
Original post by JoelAndarakis
For that question i defined operating profit

And defined operating profit margin

Then i did the 304 / 1.06 = 290.56

Dont know exactly if this is the correct answer but it seems like veryone got 290.56

ohh okay :smile: thanks! I ran out of time to answer it properly because I had no idea what to put so I left it until last! yeah if that's what everyone else has put then i'd guess it was right!
Original post by rohan taneja
Also for the deman question i defined demand then i was linking it to the text which was about the pop up marketing on.ho. He uses that to increase demand and then used quotes from the text. And then the question in section B about the leader style i said he is using democratic leader because he works closely with reena and then also talked about the benefit which was that it motivates employe to strive for the sucess..

However i belive grade boundaries will be lower because this was a hard paper!!!!!

I put exactly what you put for the leader style, some people put laissez-faire but i think it was demo - leads to higher motvation and higher productivity due to him having better relations with the workers

For the 6 marker fashion/trends is correct so i think you got marks for that, + the definition, im not really sure about the income one but someone else might agree with u
Reply 163
Ohh i think i lost about 15-20 marks but yeah income can change the demand factor and hopefully i think out of 70 i think i got between 42-50 fingers crossed

Hey! I hope they will be to! Harder then last year!

I think The one about leadership was lassiez faire leadership because she got to do small choices independently and democratic leadership means still Matt would make the overall choices when it comes to the stock and social media she did :smile:

Also I wrote about the demand questions guys- about how it was different from other high street that could increase demand?

And also about the reena and social media about how other ppl could see the brand provide and then could increase demand???

What do you think guys ????
The paper was okay some of the multiple queations blew me away as in Q2 that surely cant be right because ethical stance is defined as making a right agaisnt something you belive is socially and morally wrong also for business plan surely its not retained profit because plan includes all the finance sources....

With the retained profit answer, it is because in a business plan it's almost impossible for a new business to know what retained profit they will have as they don't know how many sales they will make in the first place.

I was also quite confused but the other answers all relating to each other decided it for me
Original post by JoelAndarakis
I put exactly what you put for the leader style, some people put laissez-faire but i think it was demo - leads to higher motvation and higher productivity due to him having better relations with the workers

For the 6 marker fashion/trends is correct so i think you got marks for that, + the definition, im not really sure about the income one but someone else might agree with u

Also put the same, can't be laissez-faire as it stated that they work very closely together and although Matthew allows his employee to make small decisions as a Laissez-faire leader would, he works closely with her which is the opposite of what a lassez-faire leader would do.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 167
Something to do with unemployment in the UK I put that because if consumer wants were met then the gap between the UK and international would be minimalised, also note how the question focussed on the UK as well but that's my fivepence

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't put retained profits as wel - as they are profit and loss accounts in the business

Also it was exactly the same answer for me on the leadership - it was democratic as they said they're closely related .

In demand questions - I put changes in income and advertising -

My freind got retained profits , Luiz Ferr and same demand factors as me
Reply 169
Yeah the business plan got me but i defined it and wnat it is used for, also i said why the others were incorrect so i think i got 3 marks for that also for the leadership style question i think it could be either democratic or laisez faire hopefully the examiners are leiniant
Reply 170
for demand i just related it to the text and used my own points i was rushed for the last two questions though
Reply 171
how many marks do u think you have dropped
Original post by Sosa
Something to do with unemployment in the UK I put that because if consumer wants were met then the gap between the UK and international would be minimalised, also note how the question focussed on the UK as well but that's my fivepence

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I thought because if there's rising unemployment in the UK then the business would've had to rely on sales abroad from where there was less unemployment. Don't know how so many people are saying B when if this was the case the sales percentages would roughly be the same in or outside of the UK.
Is changes in income a non price factor of demand?
Reply 174
Original post by annahale
Is changes in income a non price factor of demand?

yes :smile:
Reply 175
IN this paper i think i got between 42 and 50 out of 70 which i hope is a B what do you guys reckon...?
Original post by 16161616
Not sure on the question numbers but: MOST OF CREDIT GOES TO FinStone
1) Market Orientation
2) An Ethical Stance
3)Retained Profit
4)More UK Vistors To India
5)Operating Profit in the previous three months was 290.56million Euros
6)Margin of Safety (0)
7)Guaranteed Operating Profit
8)Consumer Wants Met

I think you got 8 wrong... wasn't it D?
Reply 177
How is question 2 Ethical stance I dont get it :frown:
Reply 178
Original post by Supreme G
Yeah that's what I thought because if there's rising unemployment in the UK then the business would've had to rely on sales abroad from where there was less unemployment. Don't know how so many people are saying B when if this was the case the sales percentages would roughly be the same in or outside of the UK.

The question said that sales figure rose by 21%, meaning that more people are buying the products. If there was more unemployment, wouldn't it mean that the sales figure in the UK would decrease, not increase?
Reply 179
How is question 2 Ethical stance I dont get it :frown:

Ethical Stance is doing what's morally right. Since the business owners donated 10% of their profit to charity, that means that they're doing something that benefits other people (aka doing what's morally right)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending