The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel English Literature

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chazer154
I got 38/40 for my coursework for literature and with edexcel igcse literature its around 80 for an A* (Average from past 3 years A* boundary) therefore 80-38= 42 so I need 42/60 for an A* which is 21 on each question! I did the significance of death in OMAM...am I the only on who did Henry V as well?!

You're lucky that you have coursework to fall back on! Sadly I don't, but on the other hand that means the exam-only boundaries are more like 75/100. I'm sure you will have scored at least 21!
Original post by thefoodieteen
I'm not doing coursework so I've got tomorrow's exam and then Friday's as well! I'm aiming for an A/A* - hoping to get around 25ish each for the questions tomorrow so that I'll be confident for Friday. I'm doing The Importance of Being Earnest for drama. I'm guessing that the character question will be on Wickham, Darcy, or Mr. Collins rather than any of the women just because the women have featured prominently over the past few years.

Why did I not get notified about this quote...?

I love The importance of being earnest - we don't do it though - it would probably ruin the play for me if we did. :biggrin:

Good luck for friday!! Hope it goes well :smile: I'd hate not to have coursework - it's what I'm hoping will bring my grade up. :/

Well... :biggrin: I guess that they just love to keep it the same.... (All those quotes tthat I couldn't use... God dammit. I had only 3 quotes for the character one - still did it. Oops, bit risky in hindsight....)
Original post by turn-to-page394
Why did I not get notified about this quote...?

I love The importance of being earnest - we don't do it though - it would probably ruin the play for me if we did. :biggrin:

Good luck for friday!! Hope it goes well :smile: I'd hate not to have coursework - it's what I'm hoping will bring my grade up. :/

Well... :biggrin: I guess that they just love to keep it the same.... (All those quotes tthat I couldn't use... God dammit. I had only 3 quotes for the character one - still did it. Oops, bit risky in hindsight....)

I loved it when we first started, but you're completely right.. it's ruined! Thank you - hopefully it won't be too bad as poetry is generally more interpretable. I would never have expected the character question, there's hardly anything you can say about her!

I chose the other one and included a (large!) paragraph about the character along with other points just because I didn't feel confident writing an entire essay on her..
I loved it when we first started, but you're completely right.. it's ruined! Thank you - hopefully it won't be too bad as poetry is generally more interpretable. I would never have expected the character question, there's hardly anything you can say about her!

I chose the other one and included a (large!) paragraph about the character along with other points just because I didn't feel confident writing an entire essay on her..

Haha, half the fun of reading is that you read it instead of thinking: 'Ooooh look, a nice quote I could use'.......

Poetry is awesome - so much to say! :O

Saw it and was like: ' bye last minute crammed quotes' :frown:
I chose her anyways cuz I spent way too long on the R and J question and was just like: I can't think of anything for the other one off the top of my head, argh, stress, argh, let's just write stuff go go go
and it was probably better than my Romeo and Juliet answer.... Because that question was just sheer gold (the choice was simple, what even was the other question) and I ended up rambling because too many points which I just crammed in. So it was a terrible essay in terms of development and 'style'. ...

Ah well. *sigh* time to move on and revise geography...
Original post by turn-to-page394
Haha, half the fun of reading is that you read it instead of thinking: 'Ooooh look, a nice quote I could use'.......

Poetry is awesome - so much to say! :O

Saw it and was like: ' bye last minute crammed quotes' :frown:
I chose her anyways cuz I spent way too long on the R and J question and was just like: I can't think of anything for the other one off the top of my head, argh, stress, argh, let's just write stuff go go go
and it was probably better than my Romeo and Juliet answer.... Because that question was just sheer gold (the choice was simple, what even was the other question) and I ended up rambling because too many points which I just crammed in. So it was a terrible essay in terms of development and 'style'. ...

Ah well. *sigh* time to move on and revise geography...

Exactly! And you can enjoy the humour instead of constantly thinking of it as Wilde's attempt to satirise/undermine/criticise Victorian morality and all that.

I love, love, love poetry because examiners will literally give you a mark for anything! Luckily it shouldn't be too hard to just lose a few points on that exam...

I didn't do R&J but I had a similar-ish problem with TIOBE - development was just nonexistant and I essentially just rambled on! All I'm thinking now is that I at least included some perceptive stuff, quotes, a bit of historical/social context and also some characterisation, so fingers crossed!

Best of luck with geography :smile:
Original post by chazer154
I got 38/40 for my coursework for literature and with edexcel igcse literature its around 80 for an A* (Average from past 3 years A* boundary) therefore 80-38= 42 so I need 42/60 for an A* which is 21 on each question! I did the significance of death in OMAM...am I the only on who did Henry V as well?!

I haven't got coursework, I have to do 2 lit papers
How did it go???
So you do poetry, right. You either do paper 1 and 2 (what you're doing), or paper 1 and 3, which is what I am doing: a 3,500 essay on 6 analysed poems.
Exactly! And you can enjoy the humour instead of constantly thinking of it as Wilde's attempt to satirise/undermine/criticise Victorian morality and all that.

I love, love, love poetry because examiners will literally give you a mark for anything! Luckily it shouldn't be too hard to just lose a few points on that exam...

I didn't do R&J but I had a similar-ish problem with TIOBE - development was just nonexistant and I essentially just rambled on! All I'm thinking now is that I at least included some perceptive stuff, quotes, a bit of historical/social context and also some characterisation, so fingers crossed!

Best of luck with geography :smile:

Yup. :biggrin: Oh the joys...

My coursework would have been a full on book if it wasn't for the word limit - just so much to say
:colondollar:
At least it's all over now! :biggrin: I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin: It went decently though there is always that slight niggle of 'why did I spend so much time on blah blah blah'....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending