Scroll to see replies

Exam: English Lit
Exam Board: AQA
Feeling: :smile:
Subject: AQA ENGLISH LITERATURE UNIT 1
:frown: (Didn't finish)
English Literature
Edexcel igcse
Feeling: :s-smilie: I put the points I wanted but my time allocation was a bit iffy and who cares about Charlotte.... Still did that question though lel. Oh and with English being a subjective thing for marking, I'm not sure how I did - my answering style was terrible - could have been so much bettter- and who knows what the examiner thinks of my points.
So we'll see.
Original post by turn-to-page394
English Literature
Edexcel igcse
Feeling: :s-smilie: I put the points I wanted but my time allocation was a bit iffy and who cares about Charlotte.... Still did that question though lel. Oh and with English being a subjective thing for marking, I'm not sure how I did - my answering style was terrible - could have been so much bettter- and who knows what the examiner thinks of my points.
So we'll see.

That's exactly how I felt when I saw that question! I chose the other one instead and made Charlotte's role into a point in that essay rather than writing a whole essay about her as I wasn't confident about the number of quotes I had for her.

I feel the same about answering style as well, I'm very worried that I rambled on far too much and was too repetitive! Hopefully it went okay-ish though - I'm aiming for a total of 45-50ish out of the 60 on this paper...
English lit
Aqa
:biggrin:
Woooohoo Birling and Curley's wife !
Posted from TSR Mobile
Subject: English Literature
Exam board: Edexcel
Feeling:

I thought it went pretty well, but I spent way to long on part A and B for Animal Farm. I thought my To Kill A Mockingbird essay was quite good but I only spent 10 minutes on part C for Animal Farm. I rambled.
Subject: RS unit 1 & 2 (out of 4)
Exam board: OCR
Level: Higher
Feeling: happy :smile:

Subject: Biology (papers 1 & 2 of 3)
Exam board: IGCSE Edexcel
Feeling: happy ish :smile: :/ (not my best subject)

Subject: Chemsitry (paper 1 of 2)
Exam board: AQA
Feeling: :frown: (really not my best subject)

Subject: Spanish (all 3)
Exam board: Pearson Edexcel
Feeling: 😭😭😭 (WTH WAS THAT PAPER!)

Subject: English Lit papers 1 & 2 (out of 3)
Exam board: WJEC
Feeling: happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cazza_kay

Loved the Of mice and men question, hoping for near full marks. Animal farm a little less especially question C, might have waffled to expand my points more. Other than that, a decent paper.

Sounds good. What were the OMAM questions?
Original post by cazza_kay

Loved the Of mice and men question, hoping for near full marks. Animal farm a little less especially question C, might have waffled to expand my points more. Other than that, a decent paper.

Which extract did you chose for question 1 C?
Reply 109
Subject: english lit unit 1
Poetry was really good but found the extract a bit hard and may have not been detailed enough for the theme mice and men question... Anyone else do WJEC?
Subject: English lit unit 1
Feeling: :ashamed:

The part b for OMAM confused me so badly! I talked about sexism, racism, marxism, dust bowl and american dream but when I finished the essay I re-read the question and it specified to talk about the ranch :'( I don't know if I messed up or not..
Reply 111
Original post by jasminekyra
Subject: English lit unit 1
Feeling: :ashamed:

The part b for OMAM confused me so badly! I talked about sexism, racism, marxism, dust bowl and american dream but when I finished the essay I re-read the question and it specified to talk about the ranch :'( I don't know if I messed up or not..

That sounds a lot like our exam question but I did wjec... As long as you explained how those topics are represented on the ranch e.g crooks and candy representing prejudice you should be fine :smile:
Reply 112
Exam: English Literature
Board: AQA
Exam: English Lit. Unit 1
Exam Board: WJEC
Feeling: :s-smilie:
I spent too much time on section A because that mood and atmosphere question threw me (the one thing I didn't prepare for!) so I didn't have anywhere near enough time to complete the poems.
However, I managed to do a somewhat 'decent' essay so I'm hoping that saved me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Exam: English Literature Unit 1

I think I did well today, found the question on the 'darkness of mans heart' for LOTF easy and part A OMAM, but I think I could have made more points and links to context in part B, especially links to the ranch specifically at the time :/
Original post by May_
Subject: english lit unit 1
Poetry was really good but found the extract a bit hard and may have not been detailed enough for the theme mice and men question... Anyone else do WJEC?

Feeling: :s-smilie:

Yah, I also did the horrible Welsh board :smile:
Yeah, that extract was horrible! Had no idea what to write so was winging it a bit!
I chose the candy essay question, I think I made enough points but I'm not certain... The poetry was horrible. I wrote loads about the 1st one and hardly anything on the 2nd, and I think I missed some key metaphors/language devices...
Exam: English Literature (Unit 1)
Feeling :frown:
Subject: English Lit
Exam Board: Aqa
Feeling: :s-smilie: - it was better than my mock exam which I got an a in but I really want an a* and I'm not sure I did enough. At least I've still got the poetry to do which is a lot easier
Ocr English literature

That of mice and men extract was so hard
Reply 119
Wish I'd done the candy essay! I think I wrote enough points for mine but I'm not sure how detailed they were! Yeh the second poem was a lot harder than the first... Did you say that they were very different or similar?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest