The Student Room Group

WJEC GCE Business Studies Unit 1 (18th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Henna_24
I think I got 0 on the question! :frown:

I'm sure you've done really well so don't worry :smile:
Original post by GianluigiBuffon
I'm sure you've done really well so don't worry :smile:

Thank you!!!!
Thank you!!!!

Are you in year 12 or 13? I've got 2 more resits this week :frown: I've got Biology unit 1 and chemistry unit 1. I haven't even started doing any work for them so I'm gonna start in a bit lmao
Are you in year 12 or 13? I've got 2 more resits this week :frown: I've got Biology unit 1 and chemistry unit 1. I haven't even started doing any work for them so I'm gonna start in a bit lmao

I'm meant to be in year 13 but I'm retaking my whole year because I didn't do so well last year :frown: yeah I have 3 exams this week so I'm going to crack on! :frown:
I'm meant to be in year 13 but I'm retaking my whole year because I didn't do so well last year :frown: yeah I have 3 exams this week so I'm going to crack on! :frown:

Okay good luck, let me know how you get on :smile:
Okay good luck, let me know how you get on :smile:

Thank you! Yeah I will post back on here in the week! Good luck with your exams too!
Yeah I've got no clue what I'll get

Im hoping the grade boundaries will stay the same from last year, i really dont want them to raise it. But the paper was easier than last year so it is likely they will :/
Yeah I don't want them to raise it either! We will be fine :smile:
Yeah I don't want them to raise it either! We will be fine :smile:

Hopefully 👍🏼😏
what did you guys put for the integration question??
[QUOTE=bbffbgirl;55922103]what did you guys put for the integration question??

They Didnt Save alot of space for that question, but i wrote that the benefits are that they have security of supplies and control over supply chain
Original post by ahmed7991
They Didnt Save alot of space for that question, but i wrote that the benefits are that they have security of supplies and control over supply chain

Yeah I know!!, I couldn't remember which integration it was, so it was definitely vertical then??
Original post by bbffbgirl
Yeah I know!!, I couldn't remember which integration it was, so it was definitely vertical then??

It is backwArds as iceland acquired their suPpliers. I didnt notice that until my friends told ne after the exam :/ it woulve have been relevant to explain the benefits of being backwards
Original post by bbffbgirl
what did you guys put for the integration question??

I put that vertical integration is where 1 business takes over another business at the previous stage of production or the next stage of production. An oil company taking over a petrol station company is an example of forward vertical integration and an example of backward vertical integration is an ice cream factory taking over a dairy farm.
I used both examples because I wasn't too sure. It's better to be safe than sorry lmao

For the benefits of vertical integration I just put that they have take over their suppliers so they can consistently produce high quality supplies that are guaranteed as and when they are needed, also they can take control over their distribution so they won't have to pay retailers to sell their products.
It was 6 marks but I think I only wrote enough for maybe 4 marks :/
[QUOTE=GianluigiBuffon;55923067]I put that vertical integration is where 1 business takes over another business at the previous stage of production or the next stage of production. An oil company taking over a petrol station company is an example of forward vertical integration and an example of backward vertical integration is an ice cream factory taking over a dairy farm.
I used both examples because I wasn't too sure. It's better to be safe than sorry lmao

For the benefits of vertical integration I just put that they have take over their suppliers so they can consistently produce high quality supplies that are guaranteed as and when they are needed, also they can take control over their distribution so they won't have to pay retailers to sell their products.
It was 6 marks but I think I only wrote enough for maybe 4 marks :/

I think your definition for vertical integration is incorrect. Isnt it when both businesses are in the stage of production?
I think your definition for vertical integration is incorrect. Isnt it when both businesses are in the stage of production?

I thought it was businesses in the same industry are at different stages of the production process
I thought it was businesses in the same industry are at different stages of the production process

Yup! Thats what i put and used an example to demstrate it.
Yup! Thats what i put and used an example to demstrate it.

Ok yeah I put an example in, I nearly forgot but I re read the question and added one in! Phew!
Ok yeah I put an example in, I nearly forgot but I re read the question and added one in! Phew!

Haha! I felt like they didnt leave a lot of space for writing, i had to borrow spare paper :/
Haha! I felt like they didnt leave a lot of space for writing, i had to borrow spare paper :/

Yeah for the 9 marker I wrote 3 pages! 🙈 and still had time at the end! That's slightly worrying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending