The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Exam predictions 19th May

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, The topics I'm doing are Restless Earth, Water On The Land and Challenge of weather and climate. Does anyone have notes on "The Challenge Of The Weather And Climate"?????????
Original post by Zulq
My topics are coastal zone, water on land and restless earth. Any tips on what to revise?

everything
Original post by 'Chris'
As said above, for Restless Earth it's almost certain it's either super volcanoes or tsunamis which will appear as the 6/8 markers (which is a shame because the volcanoes and earthquakes are easier xD).

I wouldn't really think there would be a 6/8 mark question on supervolcanoes as there isn;t really a lot to write about
I'm doing Rocks, Resources & Scenery; Coasts and Restless Earth.
I'm hoping quarries don't come up much! Which probably means they will...
Reply 24
Original post by aqua-rina
I'm doing Rocks, Resources & Scenery; Coasts and Restless Earth.
I'm hoping quarries don't come up much! Which probably means they will...

im doing the exact same i bloody hate rocks its the worst :frown:
I'm doing

- Restless Earth

- Coasts

- Water on Land
Coasts
Will rising sea levels come up in the exam do you think?
Reply 28
coasts will most probably have a 6/8 marker on the coastal habitat case study (Keyhaven Marshes)
Original post by rickky
coasts will most probably have a 6/8 marker on the coastal habitat case study (Keyhaven Marshes)

Yes most certainly... Keyhaven Salt Marshes is the best case study for this particular question
Original post by studentgooner
Will rising sea levels come up in the exam do you think?

no pun intended with the "come up" :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by studentgooner
Yes most certainly... Keyhaven Salt Marshes is the best case study for this particular question

Where is keyhaven again?
Original post by Kate34
Where is keyhaven again?

Hi

Hope the revision is going well for this exam. There are some great Geography GCSE resources on TSR - flashcards, mindmaps, notes - rated by stars and teacher recommendations.

Try this document about coasts which includes Keyhaven salt marshes.

keyhaven.JPG

Is it helpful?
Reply 33
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Hi

Hope the revision is going well for this exam. There are some great Geography GCSE resources on TSR - flashcards, mindmaps, notes - rated by stars and teacher recommendations.

Try this document about coasts which includes Keyhaven salt marshes.

keyhaven.JPG

Is it helpful?

Thanks so much :smile: Struggling to remember so many case studies lol
Reply 34
Im doing Restless Earth, Water on the Land and living world.

i think for Restless Earth - itll be volcano or tsunami.
water on the land- hard/soft river statergies and comparison between MEDC and LEDC floods
Living world - i have no ideas but dont think itll be on a MEDC desert
Think there definitely could be something on super volcanoes for Restles Earth. Something Like:
Give an example of apotential super volcanic eruption and its possible effects (8)

To which you might write about:

YellowStone, Wyoming, USA

Magma chamber is 40kmwide and 8km deep

Last eruption 63,000years ago

Hugepyroclastic flow would travel thousands kilometres from Yellowstone, destroyingeverything in its path 87,000people immediately killed

Huge amounts (1000km3)of rock, ash + lava would be released

Ash would blockout sunlight meaning less heatenergy gets to earth and can trigger a miniice age

Ash wouldcover fields of crops, meaning lessfood so people starve

Sulphur emissions cause a drop of 12o in the NH

My Predictions for 8 markers are: restless earth- comparing earthquakes, ice on land- effect of glacial retreat on alpine area and coasts - impact of sea level rise.
volcano impacts/responses is very likely
im not learning any case studies that have turend up in past papers for restless earth since 2012. They are unlikely to be asked again. what do you think
All I know is that I'm doing dynamic earth could someone tell me to the topics to revise on?

Cheers :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending