The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The.Joker
I'll have fun guessing in lectures then. :teehee:
Tbh I'll be rather easy to figure out, no need to call Sherlock Holmes. All one has to do is look at my interests and then there'll be a narrow category to choose from-kinda like playing guess who!

Tbh I'll just call out in the lecture hall, 'Who's the joker on the student room' - gets the job done haha
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Gazzaaa
Tbh I'll just call out in the lecture hall, 'Who's the joker on the student room' - gets the job done haha

I'll be acting inconspicuous then hehe.
Looks like every guy I see studying history I'll be like 'what's up gazzaaa'. :biggrin:
Original post by The.Joker
I'll be acting inconspicuous then hehe.
Looks like every guy I see studying history I'll be like 'what's up gazzaaa'. :biggrin:

And what a reputation you will gain for doing so haha
I applied from Hungary to SSEES History. The offer requirements were 2 Higher Levels over 65% and 5 (80%) in standard level final exam subjects(normally everyone has to do 5 subjects, I did 6, including 3 Highler Levels(History, Sociology, English) and 3 standard (Hungarian Literature and grammar, geography, mathematics), I've done the math exam today and I'm really afraid that I couldn't make it over 80% and it will be around 75-78%. What do you think, do I still have a chance to get in? (I couldn't sleep very well in the last few days, sorry for the grammar errors)
Reply 1504
Original post by ohitstia
Does anyone know what date freshers week begins? They say the 28th - is that when lectures start or is that the start of freshers week? Thanks!

Fresher's week is the week before term starts - aka 21st of september
Reply 1505
Original post by vinit.jadhav
Anyone for Business Analytics ?!

Hey, I am applying for MSc BA. Did you have an interview for it? If yes, Would you mind tell me what it is like? Is it a technical interview about quantitive and programming knowledge carried out by the programme lecturer?
Thank you very much!!
Reply 1506
Does anybody know why we need to attach a photograph of ourselves when applying for accommodation? seems kinda weird lol... also does it have to be a passport style photo?
Original post by zilk
Does anybody know why we need to attach a photograph of ourselves when applying for accommodation? seems kinda weird lol... also does it have to be a passport style photo?

I swear I didn't need to do this? Where was this?
Original post by zilk

Someone told me it's so housing can identify you when you go to pick up your keys. Mine wasn't passport style, I was on full on smiling.

Original post by Wahrheit
I swear I didn't need to do this? Where was this?

It's in one of the sections, you should have - it's mandatory, are you sure you didn't?
Original post by whymustidothis
I am, hopefully :smile:

Hogg niceee! What's your offer requirement??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Someone told me it's so housing can identify you when you go to pick up your keys. Mine wasn't passport style, I was on full on smiling.

It's in one of the sections, you should have - it's mandatory, are you sure you didn't?

Positive and double checked all the sections in the accommodation application I submitted, I have some vague memory of uploading a photo way before the accommodation app back when I first applied in October though? Might be getting confused with Cambridge SAQ though idk, which section was it in for you? There was definitely nothing in any of the sections about personal details or documentation or anything
Positive and double checked all the sections in the accommodation application I submitted, I have some vague memory of uploading a photo way before the accommodation app back when I first applied in October though? Might be getting confused with Cambridge SAQ though idk, which section was it in for you? There was definitely nothing in any of the sections about personal details or documentation or anything

I don't think accommodation was open till about February-ish, so you must be thinking about SAQ. When I uploaded my photo that section disappeared- I actually contacted accommodation to check it got through ok and they were like yeah, also confirmed with a couple of other people who were applying for UCL and similar happened for them. So it must have gone through otherwise the section would still be there, if you're really doubtful and concerned like I was contact accommodation they're the best form of reassurance.
I don't think accommodation was open till about February-ish, so you must be thinking about SAQ. When I uploaded my photo that section disappeared- I actually contacted accommodation to check it got through ok and they were like yeah, also confirmed with a couple of other people who were applying for UCL and similar happened for them. So it must have gone through otherwise the section would still be there, if you're really doubtful and concerned like I was contact accommodation they're the best form of reassurance.

Nonono I meant uploading a photo just as part of the regular application process not part of accommodation app, same time they asked for my a level maths unit grades. There definitely wasn't anything recently about a photo for me, so they're probably using that photo if they asked for one? Or maybe because I uploaded a picture a couple of years ago for accommodation application when I got an offer from them then?
Nonono I meant uploading a photo just as part of the regular application process not part of accommodation app, same time they asked for my a level maths unit grades. There definitely wasn't anything recently about a photo for me, so they're probably using that photo if they asked for one? Or maybe because I uploaded a picture a couple of years ago for accommodation application when I got an offer from them then?

Oh right, I didn't have to do that, but then again I didn't have to give them my maths unit grade for the course I was applying for. I'm surprised though because I thought accommodation was a separate thing, but they could be just using that. If I were you I would just contact them to clear doubts and be sure?
Oh right, I didn't have to do that, but then again I didn't have to give them my maths unit grade for the course I was applying for. I'm surprised though because I thought accommodation was a separate thing, but they could be just using that. If I were you I would just contact them to clear doubts and be sure?

Yeah you're right I think, it's worth doing just to alleviate my curiosity too tbh! :smile:
Yeah you're right I think, it's worth doing just to alleviate my curiosity too tbh! :smile:

Yeah best bet, let me know what happens, i'm pretty curious too! :tongue:
Can anyone help me choosing between UCL and Uni. of Toronto for computer science.
Reply 1517
I have an offer for Theoretical Physics for 2015 but I'm having second thoughts about Uni.
You pay £22,000 a year (inc. living cost, I'm British) for 3-4 years of hard work in a semi-irrelevant subject, although very interesting self taught, nothing with exams is interesting. I will have to leave all my friends (who aren't going to uni, we be poor northerners) to meet a bunch of nerds (I've never met physicists like me at these unis: a rock music loving, out-going (more than half of nights I'm out past 12) cheapskate who has never studied (I'm lucky I find A*s easy, when I can be arsed)) who I will hate, and to somehow keep my sanity? Or I can do a BTEC in engineering or music and stay in the ****hole called Wrexham but with my friends, but have to say "oh hi mum, yeah, I'm not going to Uni any more!". Exam period has began and I'm on course to fail my forth A Level 'cos I don't need it and CBA working.
Should I just pull out and get my plans straight, i don't know what I want to do other than I hate capitalism.
Original post by BKane
I have an offer for Theoretical Physics for 2015 but I'm having second thoughts about Uni.
You pay £22,000 a year (inc. living cost, I'm British) for 3-4 years of hard work in a semi-irrelevant subject, although very interesting self taught, nothing with exams is interesting. I will have to leave all my friends (who aren't going to uni, we be poor northerners) to meet a bunch of nerds (I've never met physicists like me at these unis: a rock music loving, out-going (more than half of nights I'm out past 12) cheapskate who has never studied (I'm lucky I find A*s easy, when I can be arsed)) who I will hate, and to somehow keep my sanity? Or I can do a BTEC in engineering or music and stay in the ****hole called Wrexham but with my friends, but have to say "oh hi mum, yeah, I'm not going to Uni any more!". Exam period has began and I'm on course to fail my forth A Level 'cos I don't need it and CBA working.
Should I just pull out and get my plans straight, i don't know what I want to do other than I hate capitalism.

Why not apply to Liverpool university? thats pretty close to wrexham and still a decent uni

I think University of Chester is closer but its not very good

or Glyndwr?
(edited 8 years ago)
sorry but does anyone got an offer of ucl architecture could tell me what the offer is normally like? like the grades you have to achieve..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending