The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Balague reckons Zidane and Benitez are the only real possible options to replace Ancelotti.

He also suggests Mourinho turned down an approach.
Why did Neymar get a yellow card for this??

Inaki Williams becomes the first black player to ever score for Athletic in La Liga. It's 2015. Wow.
Original post by Mackay
Balague reckons Zidane and Benitez are the only real possible options to replace Ancelotti.

He suggested a few managers were sounded out and no one candidate had full backing. It is interesting that Perez wants Mourinho back, there simply aren't any top managers available to them then ones they already have had. He said Mourinho had been asked but he didn't know the repsonse but I'm sure he wouldn't go back.

Anybody have Brendan's number, it's for a friend...
Original post by Mackay
Inaki Williams becomes the first black player to ever score for Athletic in La Liga. It's 2015. Wow.

Isn't that like saying a white player's never scored for Ivory Coast? Can't find any stats on it but there can't be many black people in the Basque Country.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by difeo
Isn't that like saying a white players never scored for Ivory Coast? Can't find any stats on it but there can't be many black people in the Basque Country.

Still, you'd have thought they may have had a black goalscorer. They are still a top division Spanish side. Plenty of black players are around...
Original post by Mackay
Still, you'd have thought they may have had a black goalscorer. They are still a top division Spanish side. Plenty of black players are around...

They only recruit Basque players though
Original post by difeo
They only recruit Basque players though

Racism
Original post by Depleted
Racism

Wish United only recruited Manchester lads

brb league 1 team with Welbeck as star man
Original post by difeo
Wish United only recruited Manchester lads

All for Blackett being your captain if that was the case.
Original post by Icecream1
300+ goals and has only won the league once in seven years..

That's genuinely amazing, isn't it
Atletico fans were chanting 'Juve!' yesterday, which bodes well for a decent atmosphere when the sides meet in the CDR final.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
That's genuinely amazing, isn't it

made the wrong decision leaving United, footballing-wise
Original post by difeo
made the wrong decision leaving United, footballing-wise

Nah, not really. United wouldn't have won the CL with him around, and nor would they have built the team solely for him and allowed him to take 10 shots a game.
Nah, not really. United wouldn't have won the CL with him around, and nor would they have built the team solely for him and allowed him to take 10 shots a game.

Still, it's 2 titles and 1 cup at United vs 1 title, 2 cups and 1 CL at Real. Take him out of it and we'd have won more than them.
Original post by difeo
Still, it's 2 titles and 1 cup at United vs 1 title, 2 cups and 1 CL at Real. Take him out of it and we'd have won more than them.

It's tricky to say, but I don't think you'd have won much more with him. Not on the European front, and meh maybe a title more. Whereas Madrid could have kept Robben, and made Kaka, then Bale their star.

All hypothetical of course and there's no point going into it deeply, but he's won more trophies at Madrid, and of course the CL, so he'll say that's justification enough.
It's tricky to say, but I don't think you'd have won much more with him. Not on the European front, and meh maybe a title more. Whereas Madrid could have kept Robben, and made Kaka, then Bale their star.

All hypothetical of course and there's no point going into it deeply, but he's won more trophies at Madrid, and of course the CL, so he'll say that's justification enough.

He won the CL with Man Utd as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay

Think the mourinho stuff is bull**** tbf.
Original post by Mackay
Atletico fans were chanting 'Juve!' yesterday, which bodes well for a decent atmosphere when the sides meet in the CDR final.

Barca are facing Athletic Bilboa in the final not Atletico Madrid. :s-smilie:
Benitez is waiting for a call I bet. Wouldn't surprise me if he delays the expected West Ham move in the hope Real go for him when they realise He's their only option. Zidane managing the first team won't end well I reckon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest