The Student Room Group

AS Ancient History OCR 2015 Predictions - Sparta and Cicero!?!?

Anyone got any idea on potential topics which are likely to come up for Sparta and then also Cicero and Roman Republic for the 2015 Ancient History paper.
I know we can't 'predict' because it still could be anything but what are your thoughts?
We have been told Education is likely to come up for Sparta as maybe an essay?
Original post by yazdro
Cicero and Roman Republic for the 2015 Ancient History paper.

Hopefully Cicero's early achievements will come up for he's my favorite. Additionally, I would like to see either electioneering (which we constantly did in class) or the Catiline Conspiracy. It would, however, be unfortunate if there were questions on Clodius, Caesar (detest these two), factions or the Senate.

I am praying that I will be able to answer all the questions this time; the timing on the Greece paper really boiled me. Ideally, I need an A on this one :/ (probably got a C or even a D on the other :s)
Reply 2
Original post by ancienthistory
Hopefully Cicero's early achievements will come up for he's my favorite. Additionally, I would like to see either electioneering (which we constantly did in class) or the Catiline Conspiracy. It would, however, be unfortunate if there were questions on Clodius, Caesar (detest these two), factions or the Senate.

I am praying that I will be able to answer all the questions this time; the timing on the Greece paper really boiled me. Ideally, I need an A on this one :/ (probably got a C or even a D on the other :s)

For me Rome is the weaker paper, so I'm hoping that I do okay in the Sparta one which I thought went well but that's probably because our teacher predicted kings and education and we went over them both in the lesson just before the exam which definitely helped!

For Rome paper our teacher has predicted Amicitia or Role of military leaders but all the Rome topics sort of merge so you can include information from others and fit it in, our teacher also said that the Catilinarian Conspiracy comes up in some way so you will always be able to use that in some form.

Good luck for Monday :smile:
Reply 3
Im absolutely dreading this exam! I feel like Rome is so much more difficult when it comes to answering questions. I think we were quite lucky with the Spartan questions so do you think this could impact how difficult the Rome exam will be? :smile:
Found that exam fabulous! While there isn't enough time, the Catilinarian Conspiracy and rhetoric appeared thus I was satisfied. Much better than Athens, which seems much sparser in content, giving it a lack of direction imo
Reply 5
Found that exam fabulous! While there isn't enough time, the Catilinarian Conspiracy and rhetoric appeared thus I was satisfied. Much better than Athens, which seems much sparser in content, giving it a lack of direction imo

I loved it too! I thought Rome was my weaker topic but I think it went better than my Sparta paper!? I did the consulship passage question, and the bribery violence and rhetoric essay.
Original post by yazdro
I loved it too! I thought Rome was my weaker topic but I think it went better than my Sparta paper!? I did the consulship passage question, and the bribery violence and rhetoric essay.

Hopefully I have an A/B to make up for the Athens paper. Did you get all the questions.done? I missed one argument on the essay - only just covering violence, bribery and rhetoric.

Now for A2!
Reply 7
Hopefully I have an A/B to make up for the Athens paper. Did you get all the questions.done? I missed one argument on the essay - only just covering violence, bribery and rhetoric.

Now for A2!

My Sparta didn't go too badly the only one I'm doubtful about was the b question so I'm hoping that with this I am be on an A! I finished early, but I have a strange knack for always finishing exams early, only by like 10mins though. I was the same in the previous paper too.
Yes, ready for A2 now! Really excited, love this subject so much and barely anywhere covers it, looking on here I found barely anything on it!
Original post by yazdro
My Sparta didn't go too badly the only one I'm doubtful about was the b question so I'm hoping that with this I am be on an A! I finished early, but I have a strange knack for always finishing exams early, only by like 10mins though. I was the same in the previous paper too.
Yes, ready for A2 now! Really excited, love this subject so much and barely anywhere covers it, looking on here I found barely anything on it!

It's a pain that not a lot of centers cover it because it is terribly hard to find any resources to assist, hence I am entirely reliant on my teacher. How do you finish so early? Literally every one in my class struggles with timing, arguing that there is too much to write in the allotted time.
Reply 9
It's a pain that not a lot of centers cover it because it is terribly hard to find any resources to assist, hence I am entirely reliant on my teacher. How do you finish so early? Literally every one in my class struggles with timing, arguing that there is too much to write in the allotted time.

Aha, I don't even know, every exam I've ever done I've finished early? Yes, I wish there were more resources online!
Anyone know the specific content of the Sparta and Cicero's Rome questions? What key points to write about and revise etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending