The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 AS Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nath98
I think that's an overstatement. There's no way an A is going to drop by 5 marks, I'd say by 1 or 2 marks at max

I don't think it's an overstatement.

Summer 2013 AS business Unit 1 was 55 Marks for an A

Summer 2014 AS business Unit 1 was 48 marks for an A

It's possible depending on how bad people did overall.
Original post by Randomer98
Damn! I so read that question wrong then! But thank you for the help!

No problem!

You may have got some marks anyway as you can get a maximum of 2 marks even if you don't get the correct multiple choice question :smile:
Original post by rohan taneja
Thanks dude what do you think you got out of 70?

think i got 50

No problem!

For me, this exam was a Resit as i'm an A2 student but I thought i'd resit it to see if I can squeeze some more marks for my overall grade. I think around 50 as well, definitely dropped marks in section B with the government spending question, that was awful.
Reply 303
Original post by MatthewPaulW
I don't think it's an overstatement.

Summer 2013 AS business Unit 1 was 55 Marks for an A

Summer 2014 AS business Unit 1 was 48 marks for an A

It's possible depending on how bad people did overall.

So how bad do you guys think you did overall I think section A was bad for me even though i Backed up my points with a lot of knowledge.

Section B was quite easier than section A so

fingers crossed
Original post by JodieMarsh
Okay for all you ignorant people out their im going to explain once more and once only.

The question mentioned two very important facts, that sales INCREASED by 20% in the UK and 51% internationally. Now following this exact statement was the question "what is the likely cause of this"

please tell me how, "meeting consumer needs" will in any way create a 31% difference in growth? its not possible? and for all those that respond saying "the UK market is saturated" for a uk market to be saturated, growth is around 1.3% not 20%...

Therefore the only justifiable answer is unemployment rate increased in the UK, which would show a miniature lack of growth increase. Some might say "unemployment causes a decrease in sales" no this is wrong because Lidl and Aldi etc thrives from unemployment rate. Now other might say Cath is luxury goods, well it didn't once mention it in the question, and you also don't need any background information so you cannot interpret that.

Therefore the only viable answer is D.

The needs might of been catered more internationally than uk aswell
Reply 305
No problem!

For me, this exam was a Resit as i'm an A2 student but I thought i'd resit it to see if I can squeeze some more marks for my overall grade. I think around 50 as well, definitely dropped marks in section B with the government spending question, that was awful.

Do you think this paper was harder than last year then..?
Original post by rohan taneja
Do you think this paper was harder than last year then..?

Personally, I found that it was easier, the reason for this being is a lot of analysis methods and content you learn at A2 can be applied to AS which helped
Personally, I found that it was easier, the reason for this being is a lot of analysis methods and content you learn at A2 can be applied to AS which helped

i do agree it was easier, i guess the fact there was nothing about cash flow and business plans in long answer q's does help. still stand by the fact the 12 marker was harder than normal/ more thinking needed as answers weren't straightforward
Reply 308
I'm a little worried. For the last question in evaluating if you think becoming an Entrepreneur was a good idea. I decided to add up all the jobs he predicted he would have done over the year and compared it with the break-even point.

I worked out the break-even point as around 490
and he was only predicting of selling 400 units.

So i said it was a bad decision, however most people seem to have worked it out as him making a profit instead and i feel like I have put the wrong thing.
Did anyone do anything similar in 2(c)
I actually quite liked section A, i think i manged to answer all the tick boxes correctly and i did pretty well with the written part of it.

What i'm dreading are my results for section B, i found it a lot harder than some of my mocks.

Saying that there were some other students outside my exam room who had just finished their exams and where shouting it out to the whole world so that might have contributed.
Original post by LNeal96
I'm a little worried. For the last question in evaluating if you think becoming an Entrepreneur was a good idea. I decided to add up all the jobs he predicted he would have done over the year and compared it with the break-even point.

So i said it was a bad decision, however most people seem to have worked it out as him making a profit instead and i feel like I have put the wrong thing.

Your in the wrong exam board discussion group i think. This is edexcel
Original post by LNeal96

I don't know which question this is? The last question on Edexcel Unit 1 AS was about government spending and Inflation, are you posting in the correct thread?
Reply 312
Original post by 16161616
Your in the wrong exam board discussion group i think. This is edexcel

Thank you, yes I am.
Original post by LNeal96
Thank you, yes I am.

Made me think I missed a question and started panicking there! Haha
Made me think I missed a question and started panicking there! Haha

Haha same i did start to wonder!
Reply 315
Haha same i did start to wonder!

aha, sorry not to panic anyone
Reply 316
MISSED OUT 14MARKS *******S. Think i got 50.
Original post by Yousf
MISSED OUT 14MARKS *******S. Think i got 50.

How did you miss 14 marks? Do you know the questiosn you missed?
Reply 318
i might start with section 2 for the unit 2 exam
Reply 319
How did you miss 14 marks? Do you know the questiosn you missed?

Pop retailer 8 marker and 6mark on goverment spending

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending