The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

I think that paper went ok! What did everyone put for the reason why failure to gain informed consent is an ethical issue? I just put that without consent the participants may be doing something they are unwilling to do, and if deception is used they may not actually have agreed to take part had they known the true nature of the research.

Idk if that's right though??
Original post by psycho_olly
Yeah, same here.

6 marks for the AO1 (outlining) and 6 marks for the AO2 (evaluating).

The research is empirical evidence, so fits into the AO2 and isn't essential.

Good good. What did you put for social change question?
Original post by yasx_
Will i still get marks if i didn't mention any names or studies for my ao2 in the 12 mark? i talked about the effectiveness, side effects, symptoms not cause and ethical issue but i never mentioned any names of studies that were carried out to prove it, eg for effectiveness?

thats enough for 12 marks, you don't need to mention any papers :smile:
Reply 2623
Wait so the one with internal locus of control was less likely to conform yeah?
Original post by honeypot43
i did the same!! im so annoyed because I knew exactly what to write to get full marks but I didn't have time. I did AO1 and 2 for drugs but only AO1 for ECT. I reckon that I got 5+2, maybe 5+3 if I'm lucky but I doubt it.

I didn't get how to do AO1 for drugs so I ended up doing just AO2, and then AO1 and 2 for ECT. Pretty sure I maxed out on AO2, but probably only a couple of marks for AO1 😒
Original post by SunDun111
It was about Kieran you got it right. I put that

Wtf swear it was the kid who wore lucky socks was more likely to conform?? And that was zach?
It was about Kieran you got it right. I put that

Thankyou i panicked for a moment! The information about Tom must have been to throw people off maybe?
Original post by Lad lol
Wtf swear it was the kid who wore lucky socks was more likely to conform?? And that was zach?

did the question say who was most likely to resist conformity or who was most likely to conform?
Reply 2628
Original post by Ash-H
Anyone have an idea on what grade boundaries are going to be like? About how many marks for an A?

I think about 50/51 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dhanihk
I didn't get how to do AO1 for drugs so I ended up doing just AO2, and then AO1 and 2 for ECT. Pretty sure I maxed out on AO2, but probably only a couple of marks for AO1 😒

As long as you aced the rest of the paper I wouldnt worry! From past grade boundaries you can roughly lose 15 marks and still get an A, so as long as you're confident on the rest of the paper you'll be good :smile:
Original post by Lad lol
Good good. What did you put for social change question?

I put down Moscovici's research and how it shows that consistency is the important factor in bringing about social change - so consistent minorities are more likely to bring about social change than inconsistent ones.

You?
Original post by cherrycola98
I think that paper went ok! What did everyone put for the reason why failure to gain informed consent is an ethical issue? I just put that without consent the participants may be doing something they are unwilling to do, and if deception is used they may not actually have agreed to take part had they known the true nature of the research.

Idk if that's right though??

Yeah it is right as they might get ttraumatised or somethinf to something they didn't agree to
Reply 2632
Did anyone else use consistency with mosovicis study. For the social influence

Yeah i wrote that moscovoci proved that consistency was a key factor in causing a minority influence to occur!
was caros friend B or Hardy? I was split! i think they may accept both?
Did anyone else use consistency with mosovicis study. For the social influence

Yh i did that
Reply 2635
What do u put for difference in definition of obedience and comfortity: I just talked about comfortity was like the presence of a majority group or whatever and that obedience was just the presence of one individual?
Original post by Lad lol

It was Zach who was most likely and Kieran who was least likely to conform-it asks about both!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by honeypot43
As long as you aced the rest of the paper I wouldnt worry! From past grade boundaries you can roughly lose 15 marks and still get an A, so as long as you're confident on the rest of the paper you'll be good :smile:

I hated the rest of the paper, that's the problem:']

I think I did well on Unit 1 though, so hopefully it balances out!
Original post by Amyjonesx
did the question say who was most likely to resist conformity or who was most likely to conform?

Ah yeah it was least, I said Kieran then coz he was more independent and had more power and stuff
Original post by Ash-H
Anyone have an idea on what grade boundaries are going to be like? About how many marks for an A?

Was 50/72 for an A last year. Probably won't go any higher than that judging by some people's reactions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending